Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

get that OUT of my face posted:

are the maritimes a big source of them too? that's home to more religious nuts than the rest of canada, right?

For what it’s worth there’s a house I drive by in New Brunswick that flies a confederate flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Growing up in Nova Scotia, we didn't have sunday shopping until the mid 2000s. Religious people claimed that by having things open on sundays, it meant that people were further from god and therefor families would collapse. That was a serious argument I heard.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/ismoez/status/1090503288607465472?s=19

YOU CANT POLITIK SO SHUT UP!:downs:

https://twitter.com/oneagility19/status/1090532181800337408?s=19 :smug:

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 07:56 on Feb 10, 2019

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

are the maritimes a big source of them too? that's home to more religious nuts than the rest of canada, right?

The maritimes were abandoned by capital like the Rust Belt, so there's a whole gamut of psychos from there, some of them Nazi, some of them better. You can buy a mansion in Halifax for the fraction of the price of a Vancouver or Toronto condo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1094336713017737219

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
"IM NOT OBSESSED IM NOT OBSESSED" I shriek as I shrink and slowly turn into a fap altar to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/MikeStuchbery_/status/1094570558736486400

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Lol when Tommy Lauren got mad at Candace self ownens for pushing Kanye away from the light of white power

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

twistedmentat posted:

You also find racist immigrants too. I've met a lot of rich people of Chinese and Indian backgrounds that loving hate black people and muslims, plus they really, really REALLY hate gay and trans people a lot.

We got WeChuds in the Bay Area too. They're a force in local politics, they get pandered to and used and everything. See for example the lovely and sadly unfinished tale of Josephine Zhao.

The south-Asian conservative immigrants don't have a cute name yet to my knowledge.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i read a poll that said Indian-Americans are the biggest supporters of the democrats of all the major Asian-American groups and it's not all that close. something like 75%. national geography probably has to do with a lot of that since you've got a lot of them in the NYC metro area, particularly NJ

Chinese-Americans are pretty all over the place politically but they do tend to be racist. there's a neighborhood in South Brooklyn that used to be exclusively Italians but has given way to Chinese and Russians in the past couple decades. the faces have changed there but the anti-black racism is the same

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

i read a poll that said Indian-Americans are the biggest supporters of the democrats of all the major Asian-American groups and it's not all that close. something like 75%. national geography probably has to do with a lot of that since you've got a lot of them in the NYC metro area, particularly NJ

Chinese-Americans are pretty all over the place politically but they do tend to be racist. there's a neighborhood in South Brooklyn that used to be exclusively Italians but has given way to Chinese and Russians in the past couple decades. the faces have changed there but the anti-black racism is the same

I think part of it might have a bit to do with how much supremacism is baked into Chinese culture in the general sense. The old "Middle Kingdom" thing. Which is lacking in regards to South Asia for the most part.

Also South Asian Americans are more likely to get racism from both being brown, and idiots just assuming they're Muslim Middle Easterners (particularly Sikh males), so I have no doubt that plays a role in not warming up to the GOP.

Basically overall the Chinese Americans are more likely to end up on the right side of "the line", even if they'll never be accepted as white like the Italians and Russians. And like those two, once you get enough leeway from the mainstream culture you might just go bugfuck racist to try and solidify the deal and prove your place. Story of large segments of Italian/Irish/White Ethnic America right there.

Grape has issued a correction as of 19:16 on Feb 10, 2019

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Asian Americans as a group support Dems over Repubs at about a 2:1 ratio so I kind of think the recent posts are barking up the wrong tree, even if there are a significant number of chuds within the group.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

We already know from 2008-2016 that republicans will never be able to pivot away from white supremacy, even though all they need is a slight modification to keep like 90% of their hatreds.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

There are conservative immigrants because they are people with varied experiences and beliefs.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

There are conservative immigrants because they are people with varied experiences and beliefs.

Of course. But the series of posts here seemed to be painting a picture that Chinese and other Asian Americans tended to be racist and/or anti gay/LGBT on the average which is very much not the case and I wanted to try and correct that impression.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

The maritimes were abandoned by capital like the Rust Belt, so there's a whole gamut of psychos from there, some of them Nazi, some of them better. You can buy a mansion in Halifax for the fraction of the price of a Vancouver or Toronto condo

Guess now would be a good time to bring up Africville

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol how the hell did she get banned from uber eats

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1094689061762228224

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jose posted:

banned from all of Uber for harassing a non-white driver iirc

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Jose posted:

could just be automatic with the Uber ban

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I bet Rogan has her on.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
TERFs dun goof'd
https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1094470557645656064
https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1094471457034432512
https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1094475086936055808

staticman has issued a correction as of 00:17 on Feb 11, 2019

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Epic High Five posted:

banned from all of Uber for harassing a non-white driver iirc

yeah, I think she yelled at her driver because she thought they were a Muslim and in response they just banned her entirely.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Zwabu posted:

Of course. But the series of posts here seemed to be painting a picture that Chinese and other Asian Americans tended to be racist and/or anti gay/LGBT on the average which is very much not the case and I wanted to try and correct that impression.

It's certainly worth emphasizing.

We're talking about a case where axes of identity are being used to divide the left; obviously, fostering a stereotype won't help to solve the problem.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

On the one hand I don't really want to punch old women, no matter how lovely. On the other hand, gently caress TERFs.

But I will scream at them a lot. I'm good at yelling.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Are there organized terf events where they try to intimidate people or give a talk about taking away the rights of trans people? I get that the far right is viciously anti-trans, as is the right generally, but does the liberal terf contingent do anything other than on an individual basis?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Are there organized terf events where they try to intimidate people or give a talk about taking away the rights of trans people? I get that the far right is viciously anti-trans, as is the right generally, but does the liberal terf contingent do anything other than on an individual basis?

Not so much in the US. But for some reason TERF bullshit is big in England.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
if i wanted to get joe rogans attention the one thing i would definitely do is write him a long, well researched email with lots of citations becuase we all know he loves that poo poo

"jamie i got another email that wasnt about gorillas read it for me. man, gorillas are crazy. what if you gave a gorilla DMT and steroids? do you think hed turn into like the calm version of the hulk where he learns to control his anger? i bet he would be my friend. we could go bow hunting together."

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Anyone know what the lefty drama regarding Peter Coffin and AngieSpeaks is all about?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

lets ilLOOMinate the truth

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

Anyone know what the lefty drama regarding Peter Coffin and AngieSpeaks is all about?

Some casual research has it being something about defending someone named Laurelai Bailey, and when I looked up her name the first result was an encyclopedia dramatica page so I'm not looking up more.

KillerQueen has issued a correction as of 03:47 on Feb 11, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ScrubLeague posted:

lets ilLOOMinate the truth

holy poo poo that was in the actual email, I thought that was some poo poo someone on twitter made up

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

KillerQueen posted:

Some casual research has it being something about defending someone named Laurelai Bailey, and when I looked up her name the first result was and encyclopedia dramatica page so I'm not looking up more.

All you need to know is that she ratted out a hacker group that was loving with the feds to the FBI, is in general a nasty piece of poo poo, and has been accused of having raped someone. It's loving bizarre that she's accepted by any leftists at all.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mr Interweb posted:

I don't know who those people are but someone I follow was posting about this I guess.

https://twitter.com/3liza/status/1094487482446471169

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

KillerQueen posted:

Some casual research has it being something about defending someone named Laurelai Bailey, and when I looked up her name the first result was and encyclopedia dramatica page so I'm not looking up more.

shes an (alleged?) abuser who also has a bunch of kiwi farms sociopaths stalking her because she's trans and apparently peter hesitated to call her out when prompted to on twitter for that reason and now everyones angry and its 1000% not worth trying to figure out

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

All you need to know is that she ratted out a hacker group that was loving with the feds to the FBI, is in general a nasty piece of poo poo, and has been accused of having raped someone. It's loving bizarre that she's accepted by any leftists at all.

uber_stoat posted:

I don't know who those people are but someone I follow was posting about this I guess.

https://twitter.com/3liza/status/1094487482446471169

oh lmao well then

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

shes an (alleged?) abuser who also has a bunch of kiwi farms sociopaths stalking her because she's trans and apparently peter hesitated to call her out when prompted to on twitter for that reason and now everyones angry and its 1000% not worth trying to figure out
god, kiwifarms is the worst. they did a whole rundown of SA Let's Play superstars (not even a doxx) and the only dirt they had on one of them was "willingly associates with a trans woman"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

god, kiwifarms is the worst. they did a whole rundown of SA Let's Play superstars (not even a doxx) and the only dirt they had on one of them was "willingly associates with a trans woman"

Grey Hunter is hereby accused of Englishness.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Grey Hunter is hereby accused of Englishness.

eh that's a serious charge

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Angie and Peter did a huge long chat about this just yesterday
https://youtu.be/oKuSFA1kt9Y

All I know is a bunch of LeftTubers are on Angie's side and she says she did nothing besides say " I know and like Peter." She has no relation to the accused apart from that person being one of her many Patrons.

For that Angie got her PayPal hacked and frozen and was accused of being a rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

GOT EM

actually please post as much of this as you can manage more info is better info