Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I doubt we’re getting new models anytime soon, this just feels like a quick Beast of Chaos revamp to capitalize on the battlebox.

There was a very skaveny rumour engine recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

LVO starts on thursday and they've got announced planned for it so who knows what they might show there when it comes to AoS.

Wizard
Aug 3, 2014

Paul Blart: Mall Blart

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I doubt we’re getting new models anytime soon, this just feels like a quick Beast of Chaos revamp to capitalize on the battlebox.

If they just gave us the starter set rat ogres id be happy

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

New community article up about FEC. Sadly in one of the newly shot army pictures, there's still the resin varghulf :(

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/02/06/6th-feb-battletome-flesh-eater-courts-the-lowdowngw-homepage-post-3/

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
FEC lore is so cool. It's a clever idea to give a faction of mindless killing machines character by saying actually they are not mindless, but delusional would-be heroes, poets, and kings.

Like here is my dripping carcass gobbler. He is a loving father of 7 children. He worries his youngest is not living to his full potential. He enjoys fox hunts. His skin is sloughing off.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
FEC’s antics are really no wilder than your average game of Crusader Kings 2

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/02/07/chaos-battletome-skaven-endless-spells/

Skaven spells seem really good to me. Vermintide looks like a great way to deny space as well as score a few mortal wounds same with the Vortex.

Gnawholes may be a bit tricky since an entire unit has to be within 6inches to use them so it might be tricky for big units of Clanrats but my Gutter Runners are going to love them. The added Arcane ability is nice as well.

Bell of Doom is going to be super useful but it will depend on how much it costs. Battleshock has killed more rats than most combat phases.

I'm super excited for this new tome at this point. It seems to be really giving me what I wanted with my Skaven.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Yeah the Bell looks like an auto-take.

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
I know they were End Times, but I really wish they would make Ubersreik Five models to use in my inevitable Skaven display. Or, alternatively, I wish I had a sliver of talent for modding/sculpting.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TKIY posted:

Yeah the Bell looks like an auto-take.

I kind of skipped over the bravery buff and was just trying to figure out the use of a spell that has a less than 10% chance of activating.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I kind of skipped over the bravery buff and was just trying to figure out the use of a spell that has a less than 10% chance of activating.

And leadership debuff. The spells downside is that it has a chance of exploding and killing your rats.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

MonsterEnvy posted:

And leadership debuff. The spells downside is that it has a chance of exploding and killing your rats.

Those rats were up to no good anyways and getting rid of them was the Warlord's plan the whole time. A truly useful spell.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Is Clan Pestilins still a separate army?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

GreenMarine posted:

I don't believe so, no.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
They still have their own unique abilities and other things. You can now just bring other stuff with them.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

GreenMarine posted:

Well you can still run an all Pestilens army if you want, but all the Pestilens rules seems to be getting subsumed into the new faction anyway. Strictly speaking all the microfactions still exist just like with Legions/Death, because at the end of the day they factions are just keywords with extra rules attached to them.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

GreenMarine posted:

From the tome preview:

quote:

Skaven armies have four allegiance abilities that apply across their whole army, and six allegiance abilities specific to the clans.

The Clans Skyre and Pestilens abilities will be familiar from their appearance in last year’s General’s Handbook, and are joined by new allegiance abilities for each of the main clans.

All of these abilities work in tandem. For example, you could field a Grey Seer, Deathmaster and a couple of Clawlords in the same army, and each would benefit from their own allegiance abilities.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Bunch of new stuff https://www.warhammer-community.com...omepage-post-1/

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

AoS kill team. Bring it on

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I know the local Khorne player at games club is gonna be happy with the Endless "Spells"! Forbidden Power looks like it's going to be a new range of models or some Sacrosanct stuff, which, as a Stormcast player, I don't need any more of, thanks. AoS Kill Team looks the bomb.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Deleter posted:

I know the local Khorne player at games club is gonna be happy with the Endless "Spells"! Forbidden Power looks like it's going to be a new range of models or some Sacrosanct stuff, which, as a Stormcast player, I don't need any more of, thanks. AoS Kill Team looks the bomb.

Forbidden Power is stated as being an expansion. So I doubt it's going to be Stormcast exclusive.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Dumb question but I assume this image isn't suggesting a new / separate Stormcast tome, right? Just "Some new Order book and we used the golden boys for art because of course we did"?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Well considering there's a Fyreslayer behind him I don't think that will be the case.
A large all encompassing Faction tome might be the case though.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oh, yea I guess there is. Looking at it on mobile and it's hard to tell.

And I don't know what the other 3 dudes are to try and answer my own question :)

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Just new battletomes for grand alliances. I'm unsure why people are reading more into them. The art is really old on that image.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Plavski posted:

I'm unsure why people are reading more into them

Because I'm a casual ham-fan who likes to play the game and look at neat models, rather than inundating myself with all things GW and fully understanding what is being advertised to me :)

On a related note, if I want to learn more of the AoS lore what books should I read? I've read most of the fluff in my SCE tome but that is it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Sab669 posted:

Because I'm a casual ham-fan who likes to play the game and look at neat models, rather than inundating myself with all things GW and fully understanding what is being advertised to me :)

Grand Alliance has a specific meaning since the game launched, its not cryptic.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Sab669 posted:

On a related note, if I want to learn more of the AoS lore what books should I read? I've read most of the fluff in my SCE tome but that is it.

The core rule book for V2 has tonnes of lore and it's your best starting point. If also recommend all the short stories on the malign portents site. They are loads of little vignettes that give you slices of the different lives across the realms. They're themed to the soul wars, but are super varied and give you a bunch of perspectives.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sab669 posted:

The Malign Portents page has a ton of short stories building up to the current status quo and the Soul Wars book covers the current status quo set up by the new edition and leads into the new event they teased at LVO.

I ended up passing on the Slaves to Darkness Battleforce after finding someone in the UK selling the DoK force at 15% of their retail. (Even with shipping it came to only $125 if anyone else is interested in picking one up.)

I’ve gathered that Sisters of Slaughter aren’t worth it compared to Witch Elves but does anyone have opinions about which to build for the Khinerai and Melusai dual kits?

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 8, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/02/08/8th-feb-flesh-eater-courts-preview-endless-spells-and-the-charnel-thronegw-homepage-post-4/

Preview for Ghouls

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Pre orders for skaven and fec up on New Zealand GW

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Home

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Plavski posted:

Pre orders for skaven and fec up on New Zealand GW

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Home

The Warscroll PDF's are not up yet however.

WhatAliceFoundThere
Jul 18, 2007
Dressed like a victorian at a swimming pool

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Warscroll PDF's are not up yet however.

Don't they usually go up when the books are actually out?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncjx_fFVbgA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5rpKNn3318

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Shared these guys in the discord last night but figured I'd do some cross postin

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Warscrolls for Skaven and FeC are updated on the app.

Looks like Skryre got kneecapped, Clanrats and Stormvermin are more tarpits, and plague monks are the damage dealers. Other stuff just got shuffled it seems. Though Verminlords got buffed quite a bit though.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Deified Data posted:

Shared these guys in the discord last night but figured I'd do some cross postin

:drat:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Floppychop posted:

Warscrolls for Skaven and FeC are updated on the app.

Looks like Skryre got kneecapped, Clanrats and Stormvermin are more tarpits, and plague monks are the damage dealers. Other stuff just got shuffled it seems. Though Verminlords got buffed quite a bit though.

Stormvermin and Clanrats are buffed a bit actually. The default Allegiance abilities, give them back the extra +1 to hit and wound they lost.

Skyre stuff is still pretty strong and has gone down in cost, also they got a lore of magic to themselves now. The only issue is that you can't fill your Stormfiends with pure rattling guns or warpfire throwers, but I think it's fair for their drop in price. As the other options are still strong.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Aside from bases, I finished these 10 guys today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

Stormvermin and Clanrats are buffed a bit actually. The default Allegiance abilities, give them back the extra +1 to hit and wound they lost.

Skyre stuff is still pretty strong and has gone down in cost, also they got a lore of magic to themselves now. The only issue is that you can't fill your Stormfiends with pure rattling guns or warpfire throwers, but I think it's fair for their drop in price. As the other options are still strong.

I didn't play but 1 game of AOS with my Skaven, as the lists were too restrictive for the way I like to play them (multi-clan), but isn't warpfire very different than it used to be, I am noticing all the what used to be 2d3 or whatever is now roll per model within 8" so you want to get right up in there to get the value, no more tippy-toeing around the outside of units or melting characters. Alot of the stuff seems closer range (abilities, weapons) so it looks more of a grab em by the belt type of army, which I like.
Still worried about how multi-damage attacks carry over into models, makes hordes of stuff die so fast it really is kinda pointless without a way to summon them back or make more/heal, was kinda hoping the gnawholes were a summon mechanic, but they ended up something else.