Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I got my new JEM, y'all.

Wark Say posted:

Ask and ye' shall receive. A HellGig thread!
This is really cool, I will gather some of my funnier memories together and post them when I can.

Faust snipe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
and when faustus saw the breadth of his guitar, he wept for there were no more JEMs left to buy

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The Muppets On PCP posted:

and when faustus saw the breadth of his guitar, he wept for there were no more JEMs left to buy

:golfclap:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

:emptyquote: these two posts because holy hell, based on Forums 'lore, Muppets' post was goddamn art.

MicrowavesMom
Feb 27, 2015

Are these boys really your friends?
gently caress Faustus and his stupid gay rear end in a top hat guitars. He's never said a single interesting or clever thing, just here to ejaculate his love of a certain type of instrument and music that the world has long since left behind.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MicrowavesMom posted:

gently caress Faustus and his stupid gay rear end in a top hat guitars. He's never said a single interesting or clever thing, just here to ejaculate his love of a certain type of instrument and music that the world has long since left behind.

they're really more of a bicurious phallic guitar

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

MicrowavesMom posted:

nice meltdown

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

MicrowavesMom posted:

well at least you picked the right thread for this post

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

MicrowavesMom posted:

Yes, and?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's a pretty Ibanez

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Faustus was irritating in the start of SMS Vol 1 to the point where I actually bothered to block him for a bit, but he's improved his posting a whole bunch since then and he's usually thoughtful even if I basically never agree with his tastes. Dude likes what he likes.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
I used to laugh at JEMs but I’d actually consider getting a low end one now tbh

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

If you aren't charmed by Faustus at this point then you can kiss my disgusting rear end in a top hat.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

If you aren't charmed by Faustus at this point then you can kiss my disgusting rear end in a top hat.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Found on AliExpress, stupidly awesome

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

gently caress Your Website posted:

I used to laugh at JEMs but I’d actually consider getting a low end one now tbh
This is how the brain worms get to you. Through the monkey grip.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

FAKE NEWS

https://equipboard.com/pros/steve-vai/ibanez-jem-triple-neck

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

widefault posted:

Found on AliExpress, stupidly awesome

What more could you possibly want out of a guitar?!

(well it doesn't have a JEM handle...)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk9lVc9HDdM

Ahahahahaha

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

idgi

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

he in the negative zone now

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:lol:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

MicrowavesMom posted:

Someone gets me!

This showed up in my internet ads and it made me laugh so I think it belongs here:

It's a TS-9, but it's gold and only $149!

And to the kind folks who had nice things to say in my defense: it's cool, guys. I earned my reputation from the first thread the hard way. I was a very depressed and sad broke-brained drunk rear end in a top hat and I acted out in ways that I still cringe to remember. There's no coming back from that poo poo especially when I am nowhere near funny enough to be posting. That is a valid criticism.
Add to that the fact that I mostly serious-post in earnest and that's really going to turn a lot of people off. I'm glad some of you can forgive me for those dark days and even accept the fact that I am not really funny. Thanks so much for allowing me to reboot the thread when it was needed. I was actually really touched and still am.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 10, 2019

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I might start a gofundme to subsidize Faustus' gold Tube Screamer if he doesn't buy one. I'm not loving kidding around.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’d throw a few bux in for that, count me in as one of the charmed

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
in b4 the first review that says the gold paint gives it extra harmonic depth and a fully 3d soundstage

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Faustus you’re genuinely one of the nicest and most straightforward dudes around here. You’re a breath of fresh air in the trashpile or ironic shitposting that got old years ago.

Also I want a gold TS9 lmao

Stupid music poo poo: I’m highly considering buying a Strymon Volante

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Anybody want a cheap dick hole guitar?
https://www.guitarfetish.com/Strat-Style-Dark-Blue-24-Fret-HSSingleHS-Floyd-Rose-Tremelo-As-Is-Guitar-_p_29769.html

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Yeah Faustus, you're good. I remember when you were posting all your Jem stuff and everybody, including me, was poo poo talking all over it. But something changed and your posting became cool and endearing and now I can't wait to hear more about your Jem Journey every time you post. You seem genuinely enthusiastic about what you like and you're having fun chasing it which is always cool to see.

poo poo, I even bought one of those white Jem Jr's after a while and I love it. It is by far the gayest, most flamboyant guitar I own and I grin like an idiot every time I pick it up... probably ultimately thanks to you. :)

So keep doing your thing dude. Your latest Jem rules! ... minus the curled up strings at the top lol.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Feb 10, 2019

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Dr. Faustus posted:

Someone gets me!

This showed up in my internet ads and it made me laugh so I think it belongs here:

And to the kind folks who had nice things to say in my defense: it's cool, guys. I earned my reputation from the first thread the hard way. I was a very depressed and sad broke-brained drunk rear end in a top hat and I acted out in ways that I still cringe to remember. There's no coming back from that poo poo especially when I am nowhere near funny enough to be posting. That is a valid criticism.
Add to that the fact that I mostly serious-post in earnest and that's really going to turn a lot of people off. I'm glad some of you can forgive me for those dark days and even accept the fact that I am not really funny. Thanks so much for allowing me to reboot the thread when it was needed. I was actually really touched and still am.

Yeah this one popped up in my ads too and I clicked on it to find out if they done like a tiny component tweak or something but nope it's just a gold TS9

didn't even call it a TS79 smh

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/reverbdotcom/status/1094728971575545857

Oh mother fucker, I only got 50%. I really don't know my pedals as well as I thought :shepface:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

83% 10/12

tbh I’m proud

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

83% 10/12

tbh I’m proud

Same
The ones I missed were the newer builders

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

9/12 I missed a JHS question.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Also there SHOULD be a Boss DD-9 Analog Delay imo.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Faustus posted:

Someone gets me!

i actually kind of miss you being more annoying tbh, but it's all good and i am glad you are doing well :unsmith:

as someone who tried to get a knockoff clear JEM from aliexpress, let me be the first to say

motherFUCKER it's already sold :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Greta Van Fleet won Best Rock Album at the Grammys aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Pinterest?

https://www.pinterest.com/charliepet/ugly-guitars/?lp=true

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 11, 2019