Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You did it Tiggum you found the joke

How was that a joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Elissimpark posted:

I live in Tasmania

Goondolences.

Actually my PHUO is that Tasmania isn't that bad.*

*When it isn't on fire.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Tubgoat posted:

I used to find Frasier amusing but can't anymore after finding out Kelsey Grammer is a chud. :<

Kelsey Grammer is one of those people I wish I could be more divided on, because he's a stupid right winger, but he's not so much the full-on goose stepping shitheels we deal with so much now. Like for instance he explicitly rejected the grassroots nazis ~tea party~ for being against gay marriage and being hateful to LGBT people and some other things, but it definitely feels bad regardless that he knows the right wing is where those opinions go to fester, but still wants to say that he wants to believe in his 'republican values' and whatever, among other stupid things like at one time being pro-choice, then later seemingly having waffled to anti-choice, then the same sort of shtick on climate change, like goddammit man, just be good.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wait where can I get sugar free ketchup

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
The carried/carry it at Hannaford, but I thinks it is semi-exclusive to the northeastern US.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
There's 75% reduced sugar ketchup at larger chain supermarkets in the Twin Cities, but it costs like 5 times as much as the syrupy variety. :d2a:

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Low sugar tomato sauce sucks, low sugar fizzy pop sucks, low fat butter sucks.

Picky eaters suck, oh you don't like pickles or eggs or brown bread or brussel sprouts?

Lets make you walk through the desert for 3 days and you'll be cramming pickled eggs down your gob

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lol, you're an rear end. Sugar is a main component of soda, it's the point. Butter is fat, that's the point. Ketchup doesn't NEED a load of sugar in it, that's the American sugar and corn lobbies' doing.

And my point above is that the manufacturer is charging an enormous premium on a product that is distinguished by its LOWER number of ingredients.

Tubgoat has a new favorite as of 12:47 on Feb 11, 2019

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Tubgoat posted:

Lol, you're an rear end. Sugar is a main component of soda, it's the point. Butter is fat, that's the point. Ketchup doesn't NEED a load of sugar in it, that's the American sugar and corn lobbies' doing.

I'm British

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I'm sorry the sugar cartels are similarly holding the UK hostage.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Tubgoat posted:

I'm sorry the sugar cartels are similarly holding the UK hostage.

They are too busy with the gluten cartels over here

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Instead of going for sugar free ketchup, just don't have ketchup because it's bad and pretty much every other condiment is better.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Master Twig posted:

Instead of going for sugar free ketchup, just don't have ketchup because it's bad and pretty much every other condiment is better.

Can i just clarify are you taking about Heinz?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
You should not be able to find “sugar free” ketchup jfc. It shouldn’t have much sugar but a chief component of modern ketchup is tomatoes. The chief component of tomatoes is sugar water.

There’s a difference between “loaded with sugar for no loving reason” and “contains 1+ grams of sugar.” Don’t be one of those born-again diet fanatics lecturing people about how fruit is FULL OF SUGAR and peanut butter has LOTS OF CALORIES since it’s pure FAT so now you’ve cut it in favour of chicken breast and broccoli in giant piles. Sad news: if peanut butter and fruit are items so calorie-dense that you can’t help but gorge on them your diet is doomed to fail because of portion control issues.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 13:19 on Feb 11, 2019

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Goons seem to be so hyperbolic about pretty much everything related to food. Yes, heinz ketchup is too sweet and excessive sugar is bad for you, but it's silly to go from that to "I only eat the finest artisinal sugar-free food products, I will not be controlled by Big Sugar". Same with the carbs thing - yeah if you eat too much it's bad, but that doesn't mean you have to be that guy drinking beef tallow out of a mug and only eating bacon-grease soaked eggs.

The truth is in the middle may not apply to everything, but with food, it is. Any flavor component of food is bad in excess and the food would often be bland if you take it out completely, they all have to be balanced.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The only condiment argument that winds me up is people saying there is no place for mustard

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Whitlam posted:

Goondolences.

Actually my PHUO is that Tasmania isn't that bad.*

*When it isn't on fire.

-gets sunburn on overcast 15°C day.

-freezes in shade on 25°C sunny day.

-bursts into flames.

Distinct lack of good Chinese, but otherwise alright.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Goons seem to be so hyperbolic about pretty much everything related to food. Yes, heinz ketchup is too sweet and excessive sugar is bad for you, but it's silly to go from that to "I only eat the finest artisinal sugar-free food products, I will not be controlled by Big Sugar". Same with the carbs thing - yeah if you eat too much it's bad, but that doesn't mean you have to be that guy drinking beef tallow out of a mug and only eating bacon-grease soaked eggs.

The truth is in the middle may not apply to everything, but with food, it is. Any flavor component of food is bad in excess and the food would often be bland if you take it out completely, they all have to be balanced.

Didn’t that goon end up with the kidneys of an elderly person at age 20 or something?

If you go that goon’s route my phuo is use drugs to ruin your body at least. Don’t die young from cheesy grease eggs.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I don't remember anything about kidneys, just that he was prescribed statins for the cholesterol problem he developed.

That said, cheesy grease eggs are really good and are OK to enjoy. Just don't eat them every single day.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

the music awards are called the Grammys because they were created by Kelsey Grammar's granddad.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

I don't remember anything about kidneys, just that he was prescribed statins for the cholesterol problem he developed.

That said, cheesy grease eggs are really good and are OK to enjoy. Just don't eat them every single day.

Just don’t put them in a tortilla or you will get fat.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

CrRoMa posted:

Can i just clarify are you taking about Heinz?

Im talking about all ketchup. :colbert:

And as long as I'm stating unpopular opinions, I don't like marinara sauce or salsa that's primarily tomatoes.

I just don't like tomato based condiments.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ketchup is unnecessary in a world where barbecue sauce exists.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

docbeard posted:

Ketchup is unnecessary in a world where barbecue sauce exists.

Pretty sure barbecue sauce is just what people eat when they've never tried HP/brown/steak sauce. And even that is only a substitute for tomato sauce/ketchup some of the time.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I know not all barbeque sauce is the sickly sweet stuff like sweet baby rays, but most of it seems to be and usually I can't stand the stuff. It's like they took ketchup, mixed it with twice the sugar and added some liquid smoke.

Hot sauce is my condiment of choice (not the stupidly hot stuff, franks is ideal for me), but it has its place. If the food is already flavorful on its own, I won't put it on since it can be a little overpowering. But if it's trash food like frozen lasagna I just microwaved, it can make eating it a little less depressing.

also it always annoys me how roasted green chiles as a burger topping (or just in general) is pretty much nonexistant at restaurants that aren't in the new mexico area. Those+pepper jack cheese are the ideal version of cheeseburger. Even the ones you get at sonic/mcdonalds or whatever are a lot better than they have any right to be.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

the music awards are called the Grammys because they were created by Kelsey Grammar's granddad.

im trying to figure out how this is an opinion but also funny post

re: sugar

I think sugar should only be added to sodas, candies, and desserts. If something naturally has sugar in it, thats OK. Also, I hate barbeque because most of the time you get the most dried out, low quality pieces of meat that have this overwhelmingly smoky flavor to it. If it was just barbeque'd correctly it would be well-cooked, tender, and very flavorful like my dad's ribs

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Can’t barbecue sauce come in a lot more flavours than brown sauce?

Idk if brit/oz brown sauce gets crazier than it does in north america but barbecue sauce can get pretty wild with its combinations of savoury/spicy/sweet and the ingredients used to get there.

also it always annoys me how roasted green chiles as a burger topping (or just in general) is pretty much nonexistant at restaurants that aren't in the new mexico area. Those+pepper jack cheese are the ideal version of cheeseburger. Even the ones you get at sonic/mcdonalds or whatever are a lot better than they have any right to be.
A correct as gently caress opinion

green chilis, pepper jack, onions, lettuce, mayo mixed with tapatio, on a black bean burger. Serve with corn chips, salsa, guac.

Better than any classic burg

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 15:46 on Feb 11, 2019

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Bbq sauce and brown sauce are not the same thing. Bbq sauce is kinda sweet and hp brown sauce is way tangier.

Both totally different from the Scottish delicacy "salt n sauce" which is kind of like vinegar mixed with brown sauce and is delicious

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mayo is vile though

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Mayo is okay in small quantities, but Kraft fucks it up like America's lungs (Kraft owns Phillip-Morris), and olive oil mayo is also poo poo.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

CrRoMa posted:

Bbq sauce and brown sauce are not the same thing. Bbq sauce is kinda sweet and hp brown sauce is way tangier.

Both totally different from the Scottish delicacy "salt n sauce" which is kind of like vinegar mixed with brown sauce and is delicious

Yeah I know they’re different sauces but does brown/steak sauce get sold with as many varieties? The shittiest walmart on earth has like half an aisle of bbq sauce running the gamut from “smoky frosting” to “this is ketchup” to “actually, good” and restaurants and individuals go even crazier with it. Like, I’d eat habanero pineapple bbq sauce but look sideways at habanero pineapple steak sauce.

Also mayo is good idiots

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
What are some "actually, good" BBQ sauces? I can only seem to find the sugary ones.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

spit on my clit posted:

im trying to figure out how this is an opinion but also funny post

GGB thinks this is the "GGB posts whatever idiot thought is currently in his head" thread.

And the best bbq sauces are of the spicy variety.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mayo is good sandwich lube.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Mayo: eew gross, that's garbage food for midwesterners, no thank you

~aioli~: oh my, what a delightful foreign treat that turns any dull sandwich into a flavor carnivale!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Real aioli is good because it's just olive oil and garlic. No need to bring eggs to that party. Just turns into gross creamy filler.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought aioli was just flavored mayonnaise.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

I thought aioli was just flavored mayonnaise.

Traditional aioli is just oil and garlic but most modern recipes also include egg and lemon juice, so it's not necessarily mayonnaise but usually it is.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Huh. So whenever I cook vegetables I'm basically cooking them in a broken aioli. Neat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Ready salted crisps are the worst crisp