Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Dungeon Crawl, a game most people have never heard of nor will ever care about

It was a community developed game but the devs currently running it keep doing poo poo I hate and actively spite me when I try to talk to them so I don't even wanna touch it anymore. It feels weird and sad to play a game when you know the people making it would rather you didn't play it, or played it while saying nothing to them.

Gooncrawl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

cheetah7071 posted:

Did gooncrawl also take a nosedive or something

victrix posted:

Gooncrawl?

Gooncrawl is fine but I'm attached to my online stats since it gave me goals to work towards. But its finally reached the point where I can't take it anymore, so I'll probably try Gooncrawl out at some point.

Gooncrawl is really cool though and Floodkiller is real nice trying to salvage the game for SA.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The God Eaters face their greatest crisis.

They do not face a shortage of electrical tape, though. They've got that in spades.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Beyond twisted.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*breaks door and runs into room*
Kingdom FARTS!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

victrix posted:

Gooncrawl?

There's a thread for it, at some point the last year or so several goons forked off their own version because of development direction disagreements--the sort of thing Internet Kraken was alluding to

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Infinitum posted:

Kingdom FARTS!

why would you break the door
it wasn't lock

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Snooze Cruise posted:

why would you break the door
it wasn't lock

Don't tell me how to enter a room

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Infinitum posted:

Don't tell me how to enter a room

how: :yikes:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

victrix posted:

Gooncrawl?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
beat darksouls2. was good, unlike ds1

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

corn in the bible posted:

bad take imo

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Infinitum posted:

Kingdom FARTS!

*holds nose* phhhhheeeeuuuuuu!

:gas:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Infinitum posted:

Kingdom FARTS!

kingdom farts breath by winter was named for tetsuya nomura's favorite online video genre

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

bad take imo

it's 50% correct

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I bought Zwei and Zwei 2 but I don't know why Xseed obfuscated the titles for some reason like just call it Zwei and Zwei 2.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Andrast posted:

it's 50% correct

huge burn on the entire souls series out of nowhere

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fart Souls

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2CXtrPkT2M

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

al-azad posted:

I bought Zwei and Zwei 2 but I don't know why Xseed obfuscated the titles for some reason like just call it Zwei and Zwei 2.
more confusing is Zwei 1 has the two exclamation points like what the gently caress guys

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

more confusing is Zwei 1 has the two exclamation points like what the gently caress guys

Gobliiins
Gobliins 2
Goblins Quest 3
Gobliiins 4

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What did you like about 2 that you didn’t like about 1

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Nooooo don't take the bait nooooo

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

chumbler posted:

Fart Souls

Fart Holes

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

beat darksouls2. was good, like ds1

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I liked the emphasis on human enemies, phantoms, etc that you can parry/backstab/etc and engage with. There's not even a single area where aimbot archers knock you off a tiny walkway (compare with DS1 in which there's like eight of those). I hated every single time I had to deal with that setup in the first game, and it's a continual design crutch they used to make areas "harder"--especially the famous part of Anor Londo where I couldn't take it anymore and gave it up. You know the one, I'm sure. There's archers and pits in Iron Keep, but the corridors are wide, so it's not a question of enemies suddenly shooting you out of nowhere (or through a wall, which also happens in DS1 sometimes) and making you fall off the tiny ledge to your instant death. If you fall in the lava in DS2 it's because you messed up, not because you were killed by lazy level design.

The areas in 2 also look cooler and have more variety. There's better multiplayer options and mechanics. It has fast travel to avoid endless backtracking, and is also very nonlinear (at least up to a point, after which it becomes a straight line). Lots of secrets and optional areas--I never did find one of the crown keys! Also I think Majula is cool. I liked most of the areas in 2, except for Amana I suppose; even the requisite Poison Swamp Land was cool. I thought it was neat, crawling through the dark and lighting it as you went; it's very atmospheric.

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Feb 11, 2019

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Majula is probably the best hub area I've ever seen in a game

The mood of it is perfect for the story of Dark Souls 2. But also its just nice and cozy with great music.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I liked the emphasis on human enemies, phantoms, etc that you can parry/backstab/etc and engage with. There's not even a single area where aimbot archers knock you off a tiny walkway (compare with DS1 in which there's like eight of those). I hated every single time I had to deal with that setup in the first game, and it's a continual design crutch they used to make areas "harder"--especially the famous part of Anor Londo where I couldn't take it anymore and gave it up. You know the one, I'm sure. There's archers and pits in Iron Keep, but the corridors are wide, so it's not a question of enemies suddenly shooting you out of nowhere (or through a wall, which also happens in DS1 sometimes) and making you fall off the tiny ledge to your instant death. If you fall in the lava in DS2 it's because you messed up, not because you were killed by lazy level design.

The areas in 2 also look cooler and have more variety. There's better multiplayer options and mechanics. It has fast travel to avoid endless backtracking, and is also very nonlinear (at least up to a point, after which it becomes a straight line). Lots of secrets and optional areas--I never did find one of the crown keys! Also I think Majula is cool. I liked most of the areas in 2, except for Amana I suppose; even the requisite Poison Swamp Land was cool. I thought it was neat, crawling through the dark and lighting it as you went; it's very atmospheric.

I think you’ll like Dark Souls 1

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I think you’ll like Dark Souls 1

I don't, though.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Broadly speaking, the good things you liked about 2 are also in 1 and the bad things you disliked about 1 are also in 2

Regardless, 2’s three DLCs are pretty amazing, do those too

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I mean, you can say those things, but it's not like I dislike Dark Souls in, like, a theoretical capacity. I got quite a long way into it and did not have any fun during the process.

And no, there's nowhere in DS2 like this:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean, you can say those things, but it's not like I dislike Dark Souls in, like, a theoretical capacity. I got quite a long way into it and did not have any fun during the process.

Did you not play Shrine of Amana at release? Because that was infinitely worse

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Should’ve rolled

But like, why did you have NO fun in it but lots of fun in 2? Were you upset when you met Andre the blacksmith in his cozy, safe home? Were you annoyed when you found the elevator in the Parish that leads back the Firelink? Did you groan when you saw Anor Londo for the first time? Did you shake your fist at the screen after defeating the belfry gargoyles? What is wrong with you

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

al-azad posted:

Zwei 2 came out first when they didn't have the license for 1 so they just gave it a subtitle, I guess they decided at wasn't worth putting a 1 on the first game when there was no 2 in the western title.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

He does hate Anor Londo and has railed about it before

Souls games are just not for me because I like my action combat to be fast like Ys, not excrutiatingly labored like the Souls series. like, even Nioh's combat which is faster is still not fast enough for me

the souls game I liked the most was Momodora

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beat Shadow of the Tomb Raider, lets have a chat about how much I hate two walls close together you have to shimmy through and how videogames do not understand what earning your narrative means.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Barudak posted:

Did you not play Shrine of Amana at release? Because that was infinitely worse

Shrine of Amana was loving great

The 7th Guest posted:

He does hate Anor Londo and has railed about it before

Souls games are just not for me because I like my action combat to be fast like Ys, not excrutiatingly labored like the Souls series. like, even Nioh's combat which is faster is still not fast enough for me

the souls game I liked the most was Momodora

Have you played bloodborne?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Launch Shrine of Amana and the Iron Corridor are the two times I was genuinely grateful you can genocide enemies in DS2 while simultaneously recognizing maybe the developers would have done a better job with enemy layouts if you couldnt.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Barudak posted:

Launch Shrine of Amana and the Iron Corridor are the two times I was genuinely grateful you can genocide enemies in DS2 while simultaneously recognizing maybe the developers would have done a better job with enemy layouts if you couldnt.

Launch shrine of Amana is perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I can't judge how Amana was when it was new because I only played the game this week. It wasn't too bad, I had a crossbow and electric bolts so I just shot the mages with those :shrug: