Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

please don't be vaccinated please don't be vaccinated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

wow this guy manages to be contradictory in his denials. A true fox news broadcaster!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

:stare: But...Pizza Hut doesn't last for long. Like 3 days and it'll be moldy as gently caress.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

quote:

Following graduation from Princeton in 2003, Hegseth joined Bear Stearns as an equity capital markets analyst and was also commissioned as a reserve infantry officer into the U.S. Army National Guard.

:hmmyes:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So what is a flu or cold then? Just a mental thing?

Infecting the Fox news station with bubonic plague to...own the libs?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

That dirty son of a bitch

Maybe he should be not dropping that bomb on air, and instead drop it when he goes for a handshake.

That fuckin' grot.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

not caring here posted:

That dirty son of a bitch

Maybe he should be not dropping that bomb on air, and instead drop it when he goes for a handshake.

That fuckin' grot.

Imagine going on the show, shaking his hand, thinking it feels clammy and gross. Meybe he just has sweaty palms. Then he mentions that idly, not thinking about it.

He just came back from the restroom.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Even dumbass conservatives sometimes speak ironically, people.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Search your heart for if the NG officer hedge fund man is being ironic

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

Even dumbass conservatives sometimes speak ironically, people.

oh word?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Government shutting again on Friday?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

EBB posted:

Oh, I guess it's been a pay period already. Must be time for the government to crumble again.

And right before my international PCS, too. Gonna quietly hope the ATC guys go on strike while I'm traveling.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

EBB posted:

drat right it is

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
75% chance we shut this fucker down again.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

What I’m seeing in my future, because I pissed off the universe somehow:

-Get job offer from feds
-accept
-get furlough notification

:suicide:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
^Actually if your agency is shut down, they probably won't process your acceptance until it reopens. Whether that works out in your favor (no furlough) or you're hosed because you (they) missed the deadline or not, who can say.

Vasudus posted:

75% chance we shut this fucker down again.

Same. Last I heard Congress was still negotiating but nobody knew if it'd work out, and nobody had any idea what the president will do.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Godholio posted:

^Actually if your agency is shut down, they probably won't process your acceptance until it reopens. Whether that works out in your favor (no furlough) or you're hosed because you (they) missed the deadline or not, who can say.

Same. Last I heard Congress was still negotiating but nobody knew if it'd work out, and nobody had any idea what the president will do.

The nation is now held hostage to whether or not Trump reads Ann Coulter's twitter this week.

We're screwed.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Godholio posted:

and nobody had any idea what the president will do.

Least of all the president himself.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

It's cool, 4 day weekend in Korea, why not celebrate President's Day with a shutdown!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
They ever end the hiring freeze?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Not officially. Some stuff got opened up when the DOD got its first non-sequestered budget in years, but Trump's base wants the freeze expanded and those jobs to go away permanently.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

this year don't celebrate president's day, you seen the president lately? instead celebrate the palancentennial, jack palance's 100th birthday. watch Tango & Cash and City Slickers 2, drink whiskey and do push-ups.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Do it proper and celebrate Lincoln and Washingtons birthday separately.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

nullscan posted:

It's cool, 4 day weekend in Korea, why not celebrate President's Day with a shutdown!

:) :hf: :)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ded posted:

Do it proper and celebrate Lincoln and Washingtons birthday separately.

Celebrate Sherman's birthday (Feb 8) a little late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nEf2nuH_Xc&t=79s

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Klobuchar is a cop, though not as coppy as Harris.

https://twitter.com/walterolson/status/1094794573568770048?s=19

I'm not sure if there will be a shutdown again because nobody has the appetite for it, not even the hard righties. They're absolutely stuck in negotiations (a final wall number and detention beds), but it's more trending to an emergency declaration and moving on.

Basically, Democrats know the leverage they have and are demanding a cap on detained illegal immigrants, hoping to force Trump into not detaining/deporting people for every goddamn little thing like he's been doing.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

Klobuchar is a cop, though not as coppy as Harris.

https://twitter.com/walterolson/status/1094794573568770048?s=19

I'm not sure if there will be a shutdown again because nobody has the appetite for it, not even the hard righties. They're absolutely stuck in negotiations (a final wall number and detention beds), but it's more trending to an emergency declaration and moving on.

Basically, Democrats know the leverage they have and are demanding a cap on detained illegal immigrants, hoping to force Trump into not detaining/deporting people for every goddamn little thing like he's been doing.

Idk about what the quality of life offenses are but prosecuting child support non-payment and drunk driving as felonies isn't going to make you many enemies, at least not a lot of compelling ones.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Sinclair Broadcasting will interrupt programming on all of its local stations tonight at 7:00 for a special hour long roundtable discussion about the preschool to prison pipeline, hosted by Armstrong Williams. I will be making an effort to tune in because that sounds fuckin' hilarious.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

shame on an IGA posted:

Sinclair Broadcasting will interrupt programming on all of its local stations tonight at 7:00 for a special hour long roundtable discussion about the preschool to prison pipeline, hosted by Armstrong Williams. I will be making an effort to tune in because that sounds fuckin' hilarious.

Can you please live post about it? I don’t have a Sinclair station near me.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

shame on an IGA posted:

My bet is an hour of "fuckfuckfuckfuck the for profit prison industry was only supposed to target those types of people now it's run amok and white innocent people are being grievously wronged! Who could possibly have seen this coming? It's so unfair!"

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

I mean it's a real concept: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/School-to-prison_pipeline

Not that I have any faith that Sinclair will add anything of value to the debate.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

DoktorLoken posted:

I mean it's a real concept: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/School-to-prison_pipeline

Not that I have any faith that Sinclair will add anything of value to the debate.

Sinclair is going to paint it as a problem with inner city schools and this is why we should all switch to private charter schools instead.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Idk about what the quality of life offenses are but prosecuting child support non-payment and drunk driving as felonies isn't going to make you many enemies, at least not a lot of compelling ones.

Quality of life stuff is all the “broken windows” crap that doesn’t work and everyone should’ve known better by 1999-2007. Child support nonpayment being a felony that results in prison time is non productive because it removes any means to pay that child support.

Cracking down on drunk driving makes sense because Wisconsin is right next door and seemed to think that it’s about as bad as jaywalking

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nystral posted:

Can you please live post about it? I don’t have a Sinclair station near me.

They'll be livestreaming it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hobbesmaster posted:

Quality of life stuff is all the “broken windows” crap that doesn’t work and everyone should’ve known better by 1999-2007. Child support nonpayment being a felony that results in prison time is non productive because it removes any means to pay that child support.

Cracking down on drunk driving makes sense because Wisconsin is right next door and seemed to think that it’s about as bad as jaywalking

Oh I don't disagree about the child support - garnishments and diligent pursuit of unreported income, with state funding payments to the payee and collecting in arrears from the payer are way better. It's just that "people who don't pay child support" are not terribly compelling victims.

Broken window policing is basically a systemic war on civil rights, so she can gently caress right off unless it was limited to traffic stops for unsignaled lane changes and people staying in the passing lane.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I mean the best you can say about Minneapolis policing is that they randomly kill white people in addition to black people

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

I'm not going to open up the drunk driving can of worms but this is stuffing the prisons with non-violent offenders again. If the imprisonment is based upon the inability to pay, and not just being a deadbeat, what does it do for the family? The kid won't get support from a parent in jail, so I just see this as part of the relationship between politicians and private prisons.

tldr Klobuchar just as evil as Harris

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Really if we think kids should have a certain standard of living to not grow up hosed up, the state should just provide that, and try to recoup some of it from absent parents, but there shouldn't be any link really between "what absent parent can provide" and "what kid actually gets".

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I mean felony drunk driving (for non-accident/injury cases) doesn't seem to really deter people since "XXXX man arrested for 8th offense DUI" is a pretty common local story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Crakkerjakk posted:

Really if we think kids should have a certain standard of living to not grow up hosed up, the state should just provide that, and try to recoup some of it from absent parents, but there shouldn't be any link really between "what absent parent can provide" and "what kid actually gets".

Careful now, people might call you a tankie for suggesting something rational :v: