Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Tsaedje posted:

Toro Rosso had a pretty good run with Honda? The same Toro Rosso that used twice as many engines as the next nearest team, picking up a preposterous number of penalties in the process?

Honda’s entire goal for 2018 was to close the power gap to Renault and the others by any means necessary. I, for one, agree with sacrificing reliability for power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Toro Rosso confirmed for Ferrari style sidepods

Both drivers' helmets are refreshingly not poo poo, maybe the tide is turning back to bigger blocks of colour and fewer gradients and drop shadows

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Doc M posted:

This year's Toro Rosso looks like last year's Toro Rosso with simplified aero at the front.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
They've simplified it enough that it's the 2017 McLaren's nose

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Tsaedje posted:

They've simplified it enough that it's the 2017 McLaren's nose

I'm glad it was repurposed after removing it from Alonso's rear end.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Turns out the bearded Briton squatting in a midlands shed -- who is fraudulent as it goes without saying -- stole his company logo from a bicycle. Sad.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/02/11/haas-sponsor-rich-energy-unconcerned-by-legal-row-over-logo/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Oh god

https://twitter.com/SokolimOkiem/status/1094976946537185280

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Doc M posted:

McLaren has signed a multi-year deal with... *checks notes* ...British American Tobacco?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/141420/exbar-team-owner-bat-back-to-f1-with-mclaren

Put 555 sponsorship on the car, you cowards. I don't care tobacco advertising is banned, just do it.

Mission Binnow

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Real question:
what is rokit?
I tried googling but only my krk rokit speakers come up?
Is it a legit company or some money laundering scheme?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

That's... err... at least it's not white, I guess?

edit: Apparently, ROKiT is a "new telco brand challenging the status quo, offering premium smartphone technology, performance and design at an affordable price and installing innovative wifi networks to make the world a better place". I also thought it was a Polish company, but apparently not!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

GP2 paint, GP2 paint!

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."
Here's more on Rokit becoming the sponsor of Williams F1

Haven't seen a good bunch of picks yet. It doesn't look awful. Just doesn't look a lot like anything.

On a different note...

tuo posted:

I though we agree on the fact that Vettel is a fraud that doesn't belong into a Ferrari?

Love him or hate him, he's a nice bloke and was a solid driver for Red Bull. You don't win 4 world championships back-to-back without having some talent behind a wheel! I'm hopeful that Leclerc brings some healthy competition in and we actually see Vettel shine in 2019. He's got all the right ingredients, and without the passive-aggressive team play of Kimi (love Kimi) he's gonna need to up his game. At the start of last year he looked to be on phenomenal form, he just needs to maintain it when up against someone like Hamilton.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That Williams look like poo poo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi Williams

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Did some Indian guy named Rohit sponsor the car for a tenner and they got the name wrong

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHhD4PD75zY

what the hell this music video is terrifying

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You have to unlock the rootkit so that the car isnt a piece of poo poo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The Williams has the worst livery in F1 since Hispania

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The Kimoa Kid posted:

The Williams has the worst livery in F1 since Hispania

At least the Hispania had a v8 though

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Yeah that's a backmarker livery if I ever saw one

edit: actually it looks like one of the unlicensed F1 cars in Ubisoft's Monaco Grand Prix: Racing Simulation 2

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 11, 2019

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

When did AliExpress start selling F1 cars????

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

that's the livery of some Brazilian that's gonna ram you at the first corner in Gran Turismo

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
That’s a really good livery, as you can tell by how mad it makes all the EU posters

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
:lol: at that backmarker-rear end livery

I hope Kube and Russ score a point or two in it

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I honestly retract like 80% of my criticism of Zak Brown cause Williams has just shown that even just vaguely trying despite not knowing what you’re doing is worth a lot.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Williams looks like someone was laying on the car while they painted it

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

That Williams looks as underdeveloped as last years, and the year before, if it is even close to launch spec. Guess we'll see in a week.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Literally any transition between the white and the blue other than a diffuse gradient would be a massive improvement. Who signed off on that?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

tuo posted:

That Williams looks as underdeveloped as last years, and the year before, if it is even close to launch spec. Guess we'll see in a week.

It's last year's car

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Old Grasshopper posted:

Love him or hate him, he's a nice bloke and was a solid driver for Red Bull. You don't win 4 world championships back-to-back without having some talent behind a wheel! I'm hopeful that Leclerc brings some healthy competition in and we actually see Vettel shine in 2019. He's got all the right ingredients, and without the passive-aggressive team play of Kimi (love Kimi) he's gonna need to up his game. At the start of last year he looked to be on phenomenal form, he just needs to maintain it when up against someone like Hamilton.

If Ferrari is similarly close to Mercedes like beginning of last year (slightly in front, or even slightly behind), they need drivers with excellent wheel to wheel racecraft, which also can handle difficult race situations/strategy fuckups/pressure. Vettel proved that he can drive a car fast and unlock it's potential, but most of the times he shined was when he was able to gently caress off into the distance with team orders protecting him (or simply ignoring them to score an easy overtake). The last couple of years, he made too many errors wheel to wheel, and always blamed the others. Even if others were at fault a couple of times, if it's always the same driver beeing part of incidents - especially when he has a superior car and could simply lift, and clear the situation couple turns later when the field has settled - it's not looking good.

Vettel needs to stop trying to win every race in turn 1, and needs to keep his cool wheel to wheel, and know when backing off is the better decision. If he manages that, and still is as quick as he used to be, he'll be able to battle with the likes of Hamilton in a car with similar pace. He has the pace, but he needs to get back to the racecraft he had during his first championship.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The Kimoa Kid posted:

It's last year's car

:argh:

(the sad thing is: with Williams, you never really know....)

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You won't see the Williams paint scheme anyway, because Bobby K is going to be going so fast that it will be blurred, and the other guy will put it into the wall on lap 1.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Also I've never bought the 'Vettel is a nice bloke' angle. Wow, he did some light banter on top gear once.

It's very easy to put on a friendly face when everything's under your control, but he's been proven to be a stroppy little baby any time things aren't going his way.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I’m getting flashbacks of the March and Yamaha Jordan.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Ferrari producing a car equal to Merc and Leclerc winning the title would be both hilarious and good for the sport.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I didn't like it at first, but this is a compelling argument

poty posted:

That’s a really good livery, as you can tell by how mad it makes all the EU posters

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoctorGonzo posted:

That Williams look like poo poo

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Tsaedje posted:

Also I've never bought the 'Vettel is a nice bloke' angle. Wow, he did some light banter on top gear once.

It's very easy to put on a friendly face when everything's under your control, but he's been proven to be a stroppy little baby any time things aren't going his way.

He told charlie to gently caress off on live tv and that my friend is why seb is always awesome.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
The Williams looks exactly like those fake liveries in games like Motorsport Manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."

Pablo Bluth posted:

Ferrari producing a car equal to Merc and Leclerc winning the title would be both hilarious and good for the sport.

I genuinely think it would attract new fans to the sport if this happened. The drama of it alone would make a great film. He’s got the skills to pull it off as well.