Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Aww poo poo she ruined his earring

poo poo's about to get real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Incubus doesn't seem thrilled about Allison drawing first blood there.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cowcaster posted:

ain't no way that spear is 10 cubits. another huge blunder by abbadon! i hope someone got fired

Those are Throne cubits.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Cowcaster posted:

ain't no way that spear is 10 cubits. another huge blunder by abbadon! i hope someone got fired

Maybe the technique was invented by a very short-armed demiurge :colbert:

(A cubit is the length from your elbow to your middle finger tip)

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

All y'all are focusing on the length of the spear and ignoring the fact that she cut the cheek of a master of Head of John.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's only his dream body so he can always imagine himself a new earring.

I like how dynamic this new page is. I get a nice feeling of motion.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

pseudorandom name posted:

All y'all are focusing on the length of the spear and ignoring the fact that she cut the cheek of a master of Head of John.
I think Incubus might still be in the driver's seat here. "You are the master, there is nothing to fear!" feels like a practiced line, and this isn't his first seduction-via-offer-of-power-and-knowledge-in-dreams rodeo.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I love this comic, both the art and the story.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Incubus does Head of John?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Magnus Manfist posted:

Incubus does Head of John?

http://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/182689045235/i-just-noticed-that-in-every-appearance-hes-made

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Head of John is that one style entirely based around headbutts, right?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
head of john is the one where you explode yourself to own your final opponent right

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It's the style that has you headbutt things like a furious idiot. They ram three studs into their heads that makes their heads nigh untouchable to any blade or strike while the rest of their body is the usual.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Incubus is a master of a lot of styles. He's really, really good at killing people. He's so good at killing people that Maya abandoned her throne instead of fighting him.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

wiegieman posted:

Incubus is a master of a lot of styles. He's really, really good at killing people. He's so good at killing people that Maya abandoned her throne instead of fighting him.

Or at least that's what Incubus would have you believe.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

wiegieman posted:

He's so good at killing people that Maya abandoned her throne instead of fighting him.

This is probably what Incubus tells himself at night when he's deeply sad about how his power isn't making him happy.

of course he could still kill MY bitch rear end piss easy, so

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

wiegieman posted:

maya abandoned her throne because she no longer wanted it, incubus just sat down in her empty chair

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Incubus would get more respect if he had taken his position by force than if he had just claimed it after Maya abdicated. I think perhaps he regrets not taking his chance to try.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I wonder how many and for how long others were trying to topple Incubus from it after that.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

But in his heart of hears, he knows that if he had tried, Maya would have Cut Him Down.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

But in his heart of hears, he knows that if he had tried, Maya would have Cut Him Down.

His preoccupation with ambition suggests that he's overcorrecting for his prior hesitance. At the time, he didn't think he could take her on; currently, he thinks he could have.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I actually don't think Maya would have won the fight, or rather, would have achieved an outcome worth fighting for. Incubus was probably at the height of his skill when she abdicated, the leanest and meanest he would ever get, and some of the under-comic text talks about how she left in part to let him get bloated and indolent while he rotted on the throne.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

As Allison approaches Royalty, a cubit's definition approaches "one tenth of that spear".

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Xand_Man posted:

Aww poo poo she ruined his earring

poo poo's about to get real

his glamour is going to give out now that she hosed up one of synergy's hologram generators

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Maya quit demiurging because she realized that through irrelevance, she could just as be alone and miserable but without a ton of people wanting to start poo poo with her

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

wiegieman posted:

I actually don't think Maya would have won the fight, or rather, would have achieved an outcome worth fighting for. Incubus was probably at the height of his skill when she abdicated, the leanest and meanest he would ever get, and some of the under-comic text talks about how she left in part to let him get bloated and indolent while he rotted on the throne.

Maya didn't just leave the throne, she left her seventh of the Key of Kings as well. And skills are nice but the Keys count for a lot too.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Tenebrais posted:

As Allison approaches Royalty, a cubit's definition approaches "one tenth of that spear".
:hmmyes:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You can call it a Ten Cubit Spear even if it's not ten cubits long. That only requires a very small, easily attainable amount of royalty.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It helps if the spear changes length.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
actually ten cubit was the name of the scientist

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The scars from Mottom glow as she wields a spear like the one she used to kill her tree. Yessss.

E: Actually, all her scars. Slightly less fun as a callback, but I still love it. And her hair turning into a giant flame.

Glowing scars own bones

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I kind of want a glowing 10 liter spear.

Why is it called that? Because that's the approximate amount of blood you lose every time it strikes you.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It helps if the spear changes length.

Yeah maybe it's a grower, not a shower

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Incubus about to demonstrate projection hardcore as he reveals that he is, in fact, afraid of power.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

wiegieman posted:

Only Solomon-David and Jagganoth have figured out how to get swoler whilst on the throne.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

so is Alison joining the big SD punchmans tourney going to be Incubus' idea?

Also totally looking forward to running into the pursuers in the locker room getting warmed up

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Oh and BTW Operant the lighting on Alison holding the spear is excellent! One of your best panels IMO

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Hold up, who's got some receipts about Incubus being able to take Maya back before he took the key that she passed up? I thought it was known that she had that seat at the table for the taking, and she walked away from it leaving it to the best of the rest (who ended up being Incubus).

E: re: Head of John

Manual of Hands and Feet posted:

“HEAD OF JOHN

An internal style focused on hardening the self. After many years of preparation and training, practitioners ram three metal studs into their skull, piercing the bone and blocking the flow of Atum at precise meridians. The studs extrude from the skull slightly and are said to be uncomfortable in cold weather. Once this ritual is accomplished, there is a healing, fasting, and meditation period of three weeks. After this, the practitioner finds that the skin of their head and neck becomes almost impermeable to harm and able to exert incredible force. It cannot be cut, severed, or scored by any blade, though I have seen many try.

The chief feature of this style is using the head as a blunt weapon. I have seen acolytes shatter bone with their headbutts in practice and an elder monk break a temple wall with the fierce application of his forehead. By practice of meditation they are also said to have accomplished unbelievable feats. It is a common story among the monks that their most senior member had his body destroyed and his head severed while defending the temple many years ago. His head survived for four weeks without a body, and was later sewn back on to the body of a deceased temple guard, which quickly revivified both the body and the head. I could not verify his claims but his neck did have a most spectacular scar. ”

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 11, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
we've all been potty trained youre not special

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

habeasdorkus posted:

the practitioner finds that the skin of their head and neck becomes almost impermeable to harm and able to exert incredible force. It cannot be cut, severed, or scored by any blade, though I have seen many try.

The Blade of Want is OP as gently caress.