Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Private = £££
State = Free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/alykhansatchu/status/1094924001544192005?s=19

Non-Daily Mail article:
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-defence-idUSKCN1Q000J

“Brexit has brought us to a great moment in our history. A moment when we must strengthen our global presence, enhance our lethality, and increase our mass,” Williamson will say in a speech in London.

He will describe the boundaries between peace and war as becoming “blurred” and say that Britain and its allies had to be ready “to use hard power to support our interests”.

It's wild to me that Britain still thinks it is 1880

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
tbf the hms victory tied up in portsmouth is more of a threat than most of the modern royal navy

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
:chef: :britain:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Post brexit the british navy will defend the UKs interest, that is pillaging transport ships for food and supplies for the crown

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1094978991713333248

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tarbrush posted:

Private = £££
State = Free

there are also the super exclusive private schools like Eton where basically the entire Tory leadership and large numbers of the right wing press go before they go to oxbridge

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if i was potus id bulldoze all those private schools. are any of them not rapey breeding grounds for a bunch of conservatives?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

twoday posted:

Non-Daily Mail article:

“Brexit has brought us to a great moment in our history. A moment when we must strengthen our global presence, enhance our lethality, and increase our mass,” Williamson will say in a speech in London.

He will describe the boundaries between peace and war as becoming “blurred” and say that Britain and its allies had to be ready “to use hard power to support our interests”.

to give a bit of context, Gavin was kicked out of his old job managing a fireplace company for #metooing the junior staff

also gave himself the plum ministry of defence job while he was chief whip because May has literally no control of her ministers

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Wikipedia posted:

The party was launched on 20 January 2019 by former UKIP economic spokesperson Catherine Blaiklock.[6]
It was recognised by the United Kingdom Electoral Commission on 5 February 2019 as duly registered to run candidates in any English, Scottish, Welsh and European Union elections.[2][4]

On the day of the launch, Nigel Farage, who has been an independent MEP since his departure from UKIP, stated that the party was Blaiklock's idea,
but that she had acted with his support.[6] In a 24 January 2019 interview, Blaiklock said: "I won't run it without Nigel [Farage],
I'm a nobody and I haven't got any ego to say that I am an anybody", and that: "I'm happy to facilitate Nigel and do the donkey work and work for him, but I don't have any allusions [sic] as to myself".

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how close is may to being one full trump because every time i hear a story about her she's loving up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

to give a bit of context, Gavin was kicked out of his old job managing a fireplace company for #metooing the junior staff

also gave himself the plum ministry of defence job while he was chief whip because May has literally no control of her ministers

didn't he basically threaten to reveal all the poo poo he knew as chief whip if she didn't give him the job?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i hate all this perfomative poo poo

everyone knows farage is a racist whats with this gotcha poo poo its about 6 years too late for any of that

the media constantly having on far right racists to say explicitely racist poo poo and then pretending its a game and acting confused at hardening fash attitudes in the country

we passed the point where people should "question" farage and entered the point where we should publically execute him like 2 years ago

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The current brexit situation as a whole is 3.0 trumps but not all of that is on may just most of it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Can they run candidates in Northern Irish elections?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jose posted:

didn't he basically threaten to reveal all the poo poo he knew as chief whip if she didn't give him the job?

didn’t he do that anyway with the excel document at the time?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Blast of Confetti posted:

how close is may to being one full trump because every time i hear a story about her she's loving up

being trump would require her to actually be popular with a segment of the population i think.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

stupid question

i've been going through london assembly elections and news stories as well as wikipedia don't have sections on government formation. labour got 12 of the 25 seats last time, do they have a minority or did they coalition with the greens or whoever?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

i say swears online posted:

stupid question

i've been going through london assembly elections and news stories as well as wikipedia don't have sections on government formation. labour got 12 of the 25 seats last time, do they have a minority or did they coalition with the greens or whoever?

The assembly doesn't form a government itself, it's a check on the mayor really. They have the power to amend the budget, but it requires a two thirds vote iirc

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

no election has pulled a majority since 2000, let alone a supermajority. what do they even do?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

ScrubLeague posted:

That's going to be the vector that kicks off WW3, probably

if britain sticking their dick into the pacific doesn't do the trick

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Hentai Jihadist posted:

i hate all this perfomative poo poo

everyone knows farage is a racist whats with this gotcha poo poo its about 6 years too late for any of that

the media constantly having on far right racists to say explicitely racist poo poo and then pretending its a game and acting confused at hardening fash attitudes in the country

we passed the point where people should "question" farage and entered the point where we should publically execute him like 2 years ago

Farage tries to be the friendly face of fascism, anything that undermines that is good

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

god dammit

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

all those freaks getting horny for Theresa May’s feet are coming back to me

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It just struck me like loving lightning how incredibly dumb UKIP is.

The United Kingdom Independence Party.

Independence for... a group of 4 countries.

One of them is across the sea.

The one thing that unites them is their overwhelming whiteness.

Racist dumb cunts

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

It just struck me like loving lightning how incredibly dumb UKIP is.

The United Kingdom Independence Party.

Independence for... a group of 4 countries.

One of them is across the sea.

The one thing that unites them is their overwhelming whiteness.

Racist dumb cunts

drat,,,

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Almost as dumb as the Democratic Unionist Party who believe Northern Ireland is at its strongest when part of a political union, but hate the idea of being part of a political union.

Also, no joke, people in Northern Ireland holding Britain First rallies.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

i say swears online posted:

no election has pulled a majority since 2000, let alone a supermajority. what do they even do?

Even without a supermajority parties can come together on a vote by vote basis. It is rare though. Mostly they just ask the mayor questions, frown when they don't like the answer, and then the mayor does what they want anyway.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

Elevator Screamer posted:

Also, no joke, people in Northern Ireland holding Britain First rallies.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/03/britain-first-mistake-newtownars-town-hall-for-mosque_n_8082404.html

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I just assume that everybody who wants to celebrate Britain, British independence or Britan first uses those phrases because their fascist asses arses would be laughed out of the room even faster if they called for English supremacy by name.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Bryter posted:

Even without a supermajority parties can come together on a vote by vote basis. It is rare though. Mostly they just ask the mayor questions, frown when they don't like the answer, and then the mayor does what they want anyway.

I met an assembly member recently, who wanted me to come along to the assembly to heckle Sadiq. I have no idea if she was joking...

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

twoday posted:

Non-Daily Mail article:

They're actually sailing it out there to sell it to China. :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

i love dumb anime villain names as real actual people lmao

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Randler posted:

I just assume that everybody who wants to celebrate Britain, British independence or Britan first uses those phrases because their fascist asses arses would be laughed out of the room even faster if they called for English supremacy by name.

There are 5 million Scots, 3 million Welsh, 1.8 million Northern Irish, and 55 million English (84% of the UK) so if you do everything according to the whims and for the benefit of the majority of people in the UK as a whole, it pretty much is for the English. The other groups are so outnumbered that the English can ignore them and use the names of England and Britain interchangeably without repercussions, which they do.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

bring me the single issue voter who threw in with leave because of a deep and abiding affection for badger baiting

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bitmap posted:

bring me the single issue voter who threw in with leave because of a deep and abiding affection for badger baiting

From what I've seen, there are definitely people in England who love their animal cruelty that much. People get mad if you tell them they can't do fox-tossing or goose-grabbing or whatever.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Dear UK,
please do not commit economic suicide

sincerely,
your neighbors and former rivals staring in abject shock at your insistence that blowing your head off with a shotgun will “teach us a lesson”

P.S.

Wtf is Dunkirk Spirit anyways

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I just remembered the old BNP thread. Whatever happened to Tommeh, is he still being a massive failure that’s even embarrassing to other nazis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

Quicksilver6 posted:

Wtf is Dunkirk Spirit anyways

It means you immediately leave when things get tough, even though you could probably stay and fight.