Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

That's a pretty good response imo. "Yes antisemitism is real but these people are still poo poo"

Also anyone here who thinks that Benjamin's is actually referring to the Israeli PM has a great future in the Q conspiracy. Maybe start counting up the letters in her tweets to find when Trump will be assassinated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Welp. :sigh:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Welp, she's pretty much done then. A real pity.

Pretty much done? What?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Young Freud posted:

Welcome to Drudge Report, which hasn't had a layout change since the '90s.

Drudge is getting desperate. Other fake right-wing news sites like Breitbart and InfoWars are eclipsing him in terms of clicks and attention, so he's doing poo poo like this to remain relevant.

I guess it was naive of me to think Omar wouldn't apologize--I think Pelosi threatened her with her committee assignments if she didn't--but I'm glad that she's sticking by her original point at least.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

Yes we would because it's a Palestinian American "criticizing" Israel

No poo poo. I figured everyone in this thread that hasn't been living in an underground cult compound and knows what a Benjamin is got that.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

CuddleCryptid posted:

That's a pretty good response imo.

Also anyone here who thinks that Benjamin's is actually referring to the Israeli PM has a great future in the Q conspiracy. Maybe start counting up the letters in her tweets to find when Trump will be assassinated

I think it's not that, it's more just that "Jews control the government from behind the scenes using $" has historically not been something good people say.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Don't post kale's twitter in here

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Drudge is getting desperate. Other fake right-wing news sites like Breitbart and InfoWars are eclipsing him in terms of clicks and attention, so he's doing poo poo like this to remain relevant.

Britetbart is actually barely treading water and InfoWars can’t even find a site to host their videos anymore.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

now you too can dress in blackface from head to toe

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Yes, it "jolted" Washington so hard that no one cared. Drudge wants so badly to be relevant again it's pathetic.

Guessing it has to be Rasmussen; he's the only pollster that's put Trump anywhere near 50% in the last decade or so :v:

Yeah of course it is, next highest is 43% but most are around 38%

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Trump literally yelled about Soros controlling the migrant caravan to steal the election for the Demonrats until someone shot up a synagogue and none of these shitfuckers cared at all

Set everyone on fire

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
trump has elected to have his el paso rally thing in a tiny building across the street from beto's way bigger open-air rally

https://twitter.com/JeremySWallace/status/1095044808593281024

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Seeing lots of folks saying RIP when she like... Reaffirms and rewords her original point, and removes the ammunition that the GOP had on her. Like I don't think following the CYA method is a baaaaad thing to do when it comes to politics?

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I am in favor of CHUDs standing in the hot desert for hours waving tiny flags

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1095040280405905410

There are definitely dozens of people there just out of frame.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Always good to know that if you step too far out of line Dem leadership will be right there to kick you back

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

corn in the bible posted:

trump has elected to have his el paso rally thing in a tiny building across the street from beto's way bigger open-air rally

https://twitter.com/JeremySWallace/status/1095044808593281024
Why is he having a rally? Is he supposed to declare?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I am in favor of CHUDs standing in the hot desert for hours waving tiny flags

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1095040280405905410

a loving ak-47 gadsden lmao. i 100% guarantee that guy is from california

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Reik posted:

I think it's not that, it's more just that "Jews control the government from behind the scenes using $" has historically not been something good people say.

Uh huh and what would be the "right" way to point out that Israel has a disproportionately high amount of money in our government and influences our policy?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

One down.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Critical posted:

Omar obv should have referenced The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase's theme song instead and we wouldn't be in this sticky wicket.

No apparently everyone out there is just supposed to be well versed in P Diddy's discography so they don't take an ambiguous comment the other way even temporarily. Bunch of morons. :argh:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Buddy, I'm a pasty-rear end white dude who's not even from the US, and even I know that "Benjamins" refers to $100 bills. Have you been living under a rock or something?

I'm not American. I didn't grow up with Benjamin Franklin or Abraham Lincoln as a common face associated dollar bills, but Queen Elizabeth II. It takes a while longer to make that association than it does the other one. Remember though it's not the realization of where the error was that counts, but that you made the error in the first place. In all seriousness imagine how long it's going to take other people though if they're even willing to admit at all that they read a comment in a way in which it was never intended. Like the hardest poo poo in the world for partisan hack types in particular.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Pretty much done? What?

have you not figured out that some people just post the most negative possible in this thread at all times and then crow about it when they are right?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CmdrRiker posted:

It looks like someone made this image by taking a screen shot of a word document.

That's literally the drudge report website, my dude

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

He’s needs to get his fix before the government shuts down and he’s stuck in the White House all alone again.

Edit: oh I didn’t know Beto was also doing a thing.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Pretty much done? What?

Every time she opens her mouth from now on the usual suspects will jump on her and scream about antisemitism. And if she tries to defend herself they'll start screaming about how she had to apologize for being antisemitic that one time, so obviously she's both an antisemite and a liar. Any chance of doing anything effective under those circumstances is pretty much zero.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

That's a perfectly fine response you gasbags.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Knife the liberals before they get you first.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Always good to know that if you step too far out of line Dem leadership will be right there to kick you back

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

gently caress all these centrist lickspittles. I called my rep (MI-9/Rep Andy Levin) and demanded that he support his colleague against this slander. Called it a travesty, didn't swear once. I deserve a goddamned medal for that last part.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
She needed to say something to affirm that she wasn't anti-semitic without retracting her point. Obviously her bad-faith critics won't give a poo poo, but I'm not sure that bluntly refusing to apologize would have been good for her either.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

cool kids inc. posted:

Seeing lots of folks saying RIP when she like... Reaffirms and rewords her original point, and removes the ammunition that the GOP had on her. Like I don't think following the CYA method is a baaaaad thing to do when it comes to politics?

What does it get her though? She could have just stuck by her statements and even clarified her intent without apologizing or making it seem like she needed to adjust.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Now I'm sure her apology will be accepted and we can get back the topic of lobbyiHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

gently caress all these centrist lickspittles. I called my rep (MI-9/Rep Andy Levin) and demanded that he support his colleague against this slander. Called it a travesty, didn't swear once. I deserve a goddamned medal for that last part.

Im certain his staffer will convey this messahahahahahahahahahaa

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Dear Old People, what anti-Semitic tropes are even being referenced here? Criticizing Israel for bribing politicians? Is it also racist to report being robbed by a black guy? I 100% understand what's happening here and I still don't get it. If I had a Democratic congressperson I'd be writing a letter right now.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

officially it's just a COUNTER SPEECH to trump, but yeah he might announce his presidency too, who knows. he used to be their representative and he lives in el paso so it'd make sense to do it there i guess

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1095041751839064065

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Thanks alot Kale, now I am imagining a version of All About the Benjamins where Puff spends the whole song explaining how the name Benjamin is rather common in Israel.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

CuddleCryptid posted:

Uh huh and what would be the "right" way to point out that Israel has a disproportionately high amount of money in our government and influences our policy?

I don't think what she did was wrong. Acknowledging that this problematic trope exists isn't a bad thing to add to her message, though.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

Every time she opens her mouth from now on the usual suspects will jump on her and scream about antisemitism. And if she tries to defend herself they'll start screaming about how she had to apologize for being antisemitic that one time, so obviously she's both an antisemite and a liar. Any chance of doing anything effective under those circumstances is pretty much zero.

That’s basically giving her zero credit that she can navigate this mess and come out stronger for it even if it takes a couple more election cycles.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

While she should have not have had to apologize, any other politician would not have put in that final paragraph. That is a great way to end it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Im certain his staffer will convey this messahahahahahahahahahaa

Oh, I know. I just wanted to be heard.