Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Holdo and Leia in the Resistance bomber makes me sad that I got rid of my Resistance stuff now, because I really wanna troll haters. E: I'll just have to do it with Naboo fighters instead :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

thespaceinvader posted:

Holdo and Leia in the Resistance bomber makes me sad that I got rid of my Resistance stuff now, because I really wanna troll haters. E: I'll just have to do it with Naboo fighters instead :v:

Say "YIPPEE" and quote kid Anakin every time you activate

And "Oops!" when you have a good attack roll

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

canyoneer posted:

Say "YIPPEE" and quote kid Anakin every time you activate

And "Oops!" when you have a good attack roll

Spinning: A Good Trick
After you fully complete a straight maneuver, gain one evade token.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Also, do you want fancy, tournament legal X-Wing dice but don't want to win them in a tournament?

Buy the Star Wars Outer Rim board game instead
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/star-wars-outer-rim/

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

TheCenturion posted:

Spinning: A Good Trick
After you fully complete a straight maneuver, gain one evade token.

I mean you can already read Anakins ability is Before you reveal your dial, spend a force token to perform a - - -, even while stressed.

I mean, that's Barrel Roll for sure. Built in almost supernatural. Guess that's why he's I4.

Edit: plasma torps are back, woo I guess. Any 2 dice ships with torp slots that wanted a cheaper option?

Edit2: the transport pod should be cheap enough to fit 4-5 with Revenge Chewie yess

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 8, 2019

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

canyoneer posted:

Also, do you want fancy, tournament legal X-Wing dice but don't want to win them in a tournament?

Buy the Star Wars Outer Rim board game instead
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/star-wars-outer-rim/

And they're an official FFG product so they're tourney legal :D

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

thespaceinvader posted:

Lol that game has gotta be so bad if they’re packing in alternate xwing dice to get nerds to buy it.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Oh hell yeah Autoblaster cannons are back.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

hoiyes posted:

Oh hell yeah Autoblaster cannons are back.

The art for em at least

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

And Plasma Torps. WIth 3 dice. They're gonna have to cost 5 or so to even stand a chance.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Plasma Torps and Autoblasters were 2 of the worst loving things in 1.0.

If they are not brought down a peg or priced loving high, might as well bring back TLT's.

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop

Devlan Mud posted:

Lol that game has gotta be so bad if they’re packing in alternate xwing dice to get nerds to buy it.

The sad thing is I'd probably buy it if FFG were capable of making alternate dice that were as easy to read as the stock ones. The event dice are a nice prize, but all the ones I've seen don't have great contrast for my old man eyes.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

enigmahfc posted:

Plasma Torps and Autoblasters were 2 of the worst loving things in 1.0.

If they are not brought down a peg or priced loving high, might as well bring back TLT's.

Autoblaster turrets and accuracy corretors were bullshit, especially on the double tap ghost. Autoblaster cannons almost never got used? And the only people who whinged were people who also thought Soontir with Focus Focus Evade and post-roll Palpatine were fine. Even if they are functionally the same as 1.0 Autoblasters just aren't as good in 2.0 because you just can't tank hits anymore and the best defence is staying out of arc.

Edit: If I had to guess, I'd say Autoblaster is a 2 red dice cannon limited to Range 1 (so essentially always 3 red) with the same effect as 1.0, except only in the bullseye arc.

Plasma torps were busted because of their cost and utility on Miranda and Jumps. They're going down to three dice, so even if they're 5 points, they're going to be on the same power level as concussion missiles which don't get any play anyway.

Edit2: TLT could easily come back. Make it two red dice, it'll give the range 3 extra dice and it's only active in one mobile arc. It's fine. Might even give the TIE agressor a reason to exist again.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 9, 2019

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Devlan Mud posted:

This is a distinct possibility.

I already saw someone complain online that these were a "big gently caress you" to people who had already won prize dice. :qq:

Maybe someone should tell him that nearly every promo and prize from 1e (all the alt arts) is not tournament legal anymore

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
The whole value of prize dice is that you can't purchase them retail?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wonder how many copies of that game are gonna end up on ebay for slightly less than retail with red dice swapped in

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Naboo Starfighter looks cool and all, but I have a hard time getting excited about a 2 attack, 2 agility ship.

I currently keep trying to make Rebel A-wings work and it just feels like I'm trying to polish a turd.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Floppychop posted:

The Naboo Starfighter looks cool and all, but I have a hard time getting excited about a 2 attack, 2 agility ship.

I currently keep trying to make Rebel A-wings work and it just feels like I'm trying to polish a turd.

Maybe it'll end up a cheap torp carrier?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Maybe it'll end up a cheap torp carrier?

Maybe?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I meant that as it's only use.

Althought, I'm kinda interested in it. It has a nice dial, and the juke full throtle thing is cool. Depends on what the pilot abilities are tho.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Floppychop posted:

I had a lot of fun running dedicated blockers in first edition - now that PS1 Phoenix Squadron A-Wings can take a Talent, I'm about to try a list that has one with Intimidation. Seems like a good use of 33 points to make such a nuisance that it forces your opponents into tough decisions.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I got my fiancé an early v-day gift

(Yes, this is the right thread)

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Floppychop posted:

It should be cheap. Plasma torps should be pretty cheap in top of that. It can make good use of Juke. 2 agility with an evade is only very slightly worse than 3 with a focus, so you can lock offensively. They're going be a really good filler, and anakin will be a great pocket ace.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
Anakin can die in a fire, preferably one that I start and continue to feed with fuel until the end of time.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Can't wait to see what Jar Jar does, kinda hope they make him a gunner

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Played Vader plus a mini swarm in a wave 1 hyperspace tournament and thought it was kind of a jive rear end format. Just played a wave 2 event with proton torpedo Luke and Wedge plus Benthic Two-Tubes and had a ton of fun. I am late to the party on this observation but just throwing out there that T-65s and U-Wings are now very nice and all the cool kids just love em.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

StuG Jeebus posted:

Can't wait to see what Jar Jar does, kinda hope they make him a gunner

Can fire a second time if you have no focus tokens and disregard all results except blanks, blanks change to crits.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Does Dauntless trigger if you stay in place? I.e. you’re bumped on a large base ship, you dial a a 1 straight, so stay in place?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

TheCenturion posted:

Does Dauntless trigger if you stay in place? I.e. you’re bumped on a large base ship, you dial a a 1 straight, so stay in place?

Yes. Text reads "partially execute a maneuver", which means "did not reach the end of the template"

"End of the template" rule also applies to the Defender's chassis ability. Did you zip through an asteroid? End up on top of a rock? Still take the evade action (as long as you're not stressed and as long as you reached the end of your template)

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Does anyone know how long the waitlist is for the Chicago Open is? I'm making a sudden trip from Australia back to PA to visit family and could add a couple days to make it.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

thespaceinvader posted:

I don't want to be that guy, but the tournament rules say official FFG X-wing products :(

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/2/11/for-the-republic/

Republic Upgrade preview is out.
Looks like Jedi get purple coordinates. Some of those astromechs look interesting too.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

The purple co-ordinate looks real good.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

The purple co-ordinate looks real good.

It also just answered everyone's question of "what is the point of those purple actions existing?"

I like the archetype I'm seeing in the Republic stuff. A Jedi in a high value fighter doing all kinds of tricks, buffing a deep roster of clone mooks

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I wonder what Strain tokens end up doing.

Kind of bummed that there are new tokens being added, only because they won't match with my burger tokens.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Floppychop posted:

Kind of bummed that there are new tokens being added, only because they won't match with my burger tokens.

Explained in another article, but basically a weird mix of stress and tractor.

You lose 1 green die, and you remove the token either by being the defender, or by doing a blue manuver

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Floppychop posted:

Droid preview told us.
It has you roll one fewer die when defending. It gets removed either after defending or after doing a blue move

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/1/18/power-and-profit/

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The configuration turns the ships into X-Wings, so I can't imagine why you wouldn't take it.

Unless there's another one that's almost as good?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Is this the first time they have used 'basic maneuver' in the text of a card? OI don't recall ever seeing it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

enigmahfc posted:

Is this the first time they have used 'basic maneuver' in the text of a card? OI don't recall ever seeing it before.

R4 astromech does.