Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

kiimo posted:

Don't forget Denver

The team that won a Super Bowl 4 years ago? :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He is not playing in 2019. No way.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Chichevache posted:

The team that won a Super Bowl 4 years ago? :what:

Their offense is trash and their defense has been dismantled/gotten old.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Denver isnt really hopeless at all. Their point differential was only -20, they were in every game they played.

An average quarterback gets them to like 9-7

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Thaddius the Large posted:

Is it even just rumors? I haven’t kept up on Smith, but I recalled even the preliminary diagnosis was “hey he might walk again without a limp at some point maybe it’s not guaranteed but still, that’s cool!”

It was an NFL Network report that was immediately rebutted by the Redskins. I mean I think we would all be surprised if Alex Smith took another NFL snap.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Their offense is trash and their defense has been dismantled/gotten old.

It's hardly a hopeless team though. Cleveland is historically hopeless. So is Arizona and Washington. Denver's may not be looking like a playoff team in the next two years, but it's hardly a dead end dumpster.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

THE DISRESPECT

Kickoff game is gonna be Bears - Packers

But they're gonna get the SNF game, so eh, whatever.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Panthers signing Eric Reid is cool and good.

He was a good player last year and hopefully they pair him with a real FS.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

THE DISRESPECT

In Green Bay or Chicago.

Nov 6, 2002

In Chicago.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Denver isnt really hopeless at all. Their point differential was only -20, they were in every game they played.

An average quarterback gets them to like 9-7

Middle of the pack is where true hopelessness lies. They can't identify even an average QB. They're not going to win the AFCW and they'll play just good enough to narrowly miss the playoffs and then not draft a game changer. That's the kind of loop you can get stuck in for a decade.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Kalli posted:

THE DISRESPECT

Starting off the season with it's Star QB at the front. I like it.

Also, Aaron Rodgers will be there and have a new offense, that will be interesting I guess.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Also, we're all overlooking the Dolphins who are getting rid of Tannehill and have nothing to replace him with.

Didn't the owner basically say they plan on tanking for 2 years to get Trevor Lawrence?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Middle of the pack is where true hopelessness lies. They can't identify even an average QB. They're not going to win the AFCW and they'll play just good enough to narrowly miss the playoffs and then not draft a game changer. That's the kind of loop you can get stuck in for a decade.

Ok yeah if you define hopelessness like that then they're stuck there with the Dolphins and Lions

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Being middle of the pack in the NFL isn’t hopeless at all because you’re likely a couple steps away from being good. It’s not like the NBA where being middle of the pack is an eternal purgatory.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Let Hunt sit on the bench the whole time and then dangle him right before the trade deadline is possibly the only good look for this.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

eric reid keeping it loving real

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1095064601237041152

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
mariota and vrabel are both good

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Mariota is ok when he isn't giving himself a stranger

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

He is not playing in 2019 again. No way.

Seriously now -- Smith is going to be 36 years old for the 2020 season. He's played 14 seasons in the league. He just suffered a Worse-Than-Theismann leg break.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kalli posted:

THE DISRESPECT

100th season getting the most historical rivalry makes sense

Nov 6, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

Seriously now -- Smith is going to be 36 years old for the 2020 season. He's played 14 seasons in the league. He just suffered a Worse-Than-Theismann leg break.

He's been a backup for stretches before, so I don't doubt that he would be willing to come back and play the mentor/backup role, providing he's physically capable.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
If Hunt is actually going to counseling it shows remorse and a serious attempt to grow up, and good for him. He's doing more than every other football player to earn forgiveness.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't think Hunt deserves to be out of the league because of what happened. I'd like him out ideally but then you also need to throw out a lot of other shitbags like Terrell Suggs and Tyreek Hill. Unless we're going to be serious about punishing players for being bad influences on society, let the man play and just remember who he is.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's cool making bad people smash into eachother until they can't remember themselves or anyone they ever loved and can't move on their own and have gone bankrupt. but why are those good people in there with them

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
It's extremely cool that the team with tyreek hill is the one that cut hunt

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

nerve posted:

Video killed the NFL star

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

nerve posted:

Well this is a trap, but the only thing I'll throw out there before I run from the thread was that it happened before his NFL career and he was actually prosecuted for it and has been a model citizen since.

Nov 6, 2002

kiimo posted:

Well this is a trap, but the only thing I'll throw out there before I run from the thread was that it happened before his NFL career and he was actually prosecuted for it and has been a model citizen since.

People complain in the chat thread about how the justice system only cares about revenge and punishment, not reform, and then want players blackballed for life for certain crimes. Being jobless is the number one cause of recidivism!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean that isn’t how that works.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

People complain in the chat thread about how the justice system only cares about revenge and punishment, not reform, and then want players blackballed for life for certain crimes. Being jobless is the number one cause of recidivism!

I just want him off the Chiefs

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Everyone is entitled to make a living, not be a super rich celebrity.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
I still don't quite understand why I'm supposed to be outraged by things like this.

Kareem Hunt is really good at football. If he broke the law there is a legal process. I don't understand this way of thinking where I am the moral arbiter of life.

Let the process play out. Let the guy earn a living.

This whole 'moral high ground' argument is laughable to me. Like it's the end of everything if you hit a woman? Why? Maybe she was a oval office, or maybe you were an rear end in a top hat. Either way it should not be the end of everything.

Silly. That's really my take, it's silly. If the guy raped someone with a pool cue, then throw the book at him. For whatever crimes. Throw the book at him. Otherwise shut the gently caress up and let the legal process play out and save your ridiculous League "investigation" for the made up drama that it was intended for.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wait so domestic abuse is prying into their personal life but rape now that isn’t?

You don’t see how that seems a bit arbitrary?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Larch posted:

I still don't quite understand why I'm supposed to be outraged by things like this.

Kareem Hunt is really good at football. If he broke the law there is a legal process. I don't understand this way of thinking where I am the moral arbiter of life.

This whole 'moral high ground' argument is laughable to me. Like it's the end of everything if you hit a woman? Why? Maybe she was a oval office, or maybe you were an rear end in a top hat. Either way it should not be the end of everything.

Silly. That's really my take, it's silly. If the guy raped someone with a pool cue, then throw the book at him. For whatever crimes. Throw the book at him. Otherwise shut the gently caress up and let the legal process play out and save your ridiculous League "investigation" for the made up drama that it was intended for.

What

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Larch posted:

There's a video

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Larch posted:

Assault is bad and you're dumb

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Larch posted:

Correct, like deflated footballs

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Every morning I pray to be assaulted on camera by a very rich and famous person because then I can get money and hopefully never work again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Chichevache posted:

Every morning I pray to be assaulted on camera by a very rich and famous person because then I can get money and hopefully never work again.

Lol like you'd turn the body camera on