Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Simic Nexus is a cool and good deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Transform my Search for Azcanta.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Toshimo posted:

don't forget to use your Amulet!

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

suicidesteve posted:

*sigh* now I need to find Russian foil Deputies when I still can't even find my last 2 friggin' Supreme Phantoms and the USPS stole the one I did find.

Thanks for stopping US stores from getting any foreign boxes, WotC! Now my purchases have gone from few to zero.

Just talk to Dmitri D on Facebook, he seems to put out feelers for what people want from recent sets and has found me tons of older cards I've wanted.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

ShaneB posted:

Just talk to Dmitri D on Facebook, he seems to put out feelers for what people want from recent sets and has found me tons of older cards I've wanted.

Dude screwed me on an Ebay sale so he's always been a last resort. He didn't like the price his auction ended at so he cancelled it, claiming he realized he actually needed the card. Didn't even pretend it was mis-listed or anything, just "nah I want this." Then to really rub it in, ebay changed my negative feedback to positive.

Ivan's prices are high but he seems like he can get everything. The lady I used to go through got out of the business after she got divorced and I haven't dealt with her husband who took over yet. Really, I just need someone to get stuff from MKM for me.

Toshimo posted:

I see what you're doing here and I approve.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Toshimo posted:

:golfclap:

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

suicidesteve posted:

Dude screwed me on an Ebay sale so he's always been a last resort. He didn't like the price his auction ended at so he cancelled it, claiming he realized he actually needed the card. Didn't even pretend it was mis-listed or anything, just "nah I want this." Then to really rub it in, ebay changed my negative feedback to positive.

I just deal with him on facebook chat, and he charges like 1.25x US prices (but I don't get foils) so I'm fine with it.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Toshimo posted:

:eyepop:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey i dont get the joke at all

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

rabidsquid posted:

hey i dont get the joke at all

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

seriously though ban Nexus, some poor gently caress just played Gruul Spellbreaker into Sunder Shaman into removal spell into Sunder Shaman against me and then never took another turn, yeah good deck dumbass playing creatures like an IDIOT instead of just playing many, many Things of Fate.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Counterpoint, ban Azcanta and/or reclamation.
Nexus isn’t so bad when you don’t get unlimited mana + 9 cards deep search per turn.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Crackbone posted:

Nexus isn’t so bad when you don’t get unlimited mana + 9 cards deep search per turn.

But nexus is really the only stupid thing you can do with both of those cards... This is like when they banned ferocidon and Ramunap Ruins instead of admitting Hazoret and Bomat Courier were a problem.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

A Moose posted:

But nexus is really the only stupid thing you can do with both of those cards... This is like when they banned ferocidon and Ramunap Ruins instead of admitting Hazoret and Bomat Courier were a problem.

Ruins were actually a huge problem, was really the namesake of the red decks. Ferocidon was banned pretty much before it could even be played though and was likely a bit of an overreaction.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

alansmithee posted:

Ruins were actually a huge problem, was really the namesake of the red decks. Ferocidon was banned pretty much before it could even be played though and was likely a bit of an overreaction.

Ferocidon might be good against Krasis right now, but it would go in a deck that already gets eight lightning bolts now.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Crackbone posted:

Azcanta is a good boy who never hurt anyone you leave them alone

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Crackbone posted:

"Don't ban Necropotence, ban all these other cards instead!"

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Ferocidon does way too much stuff to be unbanned, right now it would kill almost every midrange deck's strategy to deal with red(tocatli does to some extent but it's in white and isn't a good enough body to mainboard).

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Nothing will ever get unbanned in Standard, because it's such a gently caress-up if you unban it and it turns out to still be broken when you could have just waited for it to rotate out in a few sets anyway.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm still wondering why Nexus doesn't exile upon resolution when just about every Time Walk printed in the last decade does so. Even "Take an extra turn, Exile ~; this card gets shuffled into your library if it ever gets discarded or milled" still seems fine, it's a Time Walk you're guaranteed to draw sooner or later.

This is actually (to me) a really interesting thing they could do with the game if it ever goes all digital. Rather than having to ban unfair pieces of the game, you can simply nerf them into fairness like every other video game out there. Admittedly however, I don't know how often a game like Hearthstone already does this if at all.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

C-Euro posted:

I'm still wondering why Nexus doesn't exile upon resolution when just about every Time Walk printed in the last decade does so. Even "Take an extra turn, Exile ~; this card gets shuffled into your library if it ever gets discarded or milled" still seems fine, it's a Time Walk you're guaranteed to draw sooner or later.

This is actually (to me) a really interesting thing they could do with the game if it ever goes all digital. Rather than having to ban unfair pieces of the game, you can simply nerf them into fairness like every other video game out there. Admittedly however, I don't know how often a game like Hearthstone already does this if at all.

They did card nerfs a couple weeks ago, the time before that was a couple couple weeks after the december set release. This is a much faster pace than previously where it was about once every 3 months if at all. Hearthstone is super stagnant despite the nerfs right now because the there is a lot of linear agro and combo right now, with very little effective control, though there are a couple midrange options - all in the same class.

E: That said, almost all of the most recent nerfs were to cards that have been in the game since launch, and some of the nerfs became super awkward because of two cards, rotating out of standard in 1.2 years, that significantly buff certain decks if you only have odd or even mana cost cards in your deck. Hearthstone has been able to do some really cool stuff that only works in digital because the game can do randomness or can check your deck conditions for you. But some of that has been completely overpowered and damaging to the long term health of the game.

Meatbag Esq. fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Feb 12, 2019

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
My buddy has been hanging around rank 20 on arena and is gunning for the invite and says at that level wins are so important matches often degenerate in to nexus standoffs where whoever hates themselves the most and quits last wins. V healthy lol. He's had over a dozen 90 minute plus matches.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm very happy this was the season PPTQs ended so I don't have to play this toxic as poo poo format.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

A Moose posted:

Reclamation also fuels massive Explosions. Granted the ostensible purpose is to draw into Nexus, but it's not nothing.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Panzeh posted:

Ferocidon does way too much stuff to be unbanned, right now it would kill almost every midrange deck's strategy to deal with red(tocatli does to some extent but it's in white and isn't a good enough body to mainboard).

Now this is what I come to the thread for, the most bizarre of takes.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
You nexus haters clearly just need to be maindecking four cindervines. Quit complaining.

I'm only playing locally and casually and running mono-u in a tiny field and have no real input

E: yes, that is something I hear people say in response to anti-nexus arguments.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

You nexus haters clearly just need to be maindecking four cindervines. Quit complaining.

I'm only playing locally and casually and running mono-u in a tiny field and have no real input

E: yes, that is something I hear people say in response to anti-nexus arguments.

my opponent in a Nexus mirror played Cindervines, left up a mana, and I took 12 turns and beat them to death with a 10/10 Krasis because lol Cindervines.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Hellsau posted:

"Don't ban Necropotence, ban all these other cards instead!"

It’s amazing how often people misidentify the problem card. Turn 1 Dark Ritual into Hypnotic Spectre, better ban Spectre.*

*Spectre reprinted years later, unplayable.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Marketing New Brain posted:

It’s amazing how often people misidentify the problem card. Turn 1 Dark Ritual into Hypnotic Spectre, better ban Spectre.*

Hey, BUG Spectres was playable* for about two weeks when original Ravnica was released. Birds of Paradise or Elves of Deep Shadow into Hypnotic Spectre or Dimir Cutpurse, with a pile of Remands/Mana Leaks/removal to back it up.

*also wasn't actually playable during those two weeks

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its kind of interesting the way they've run into the problem of designing a card that doesn't work in arena because there's no rule enforcement in place about advancing game states. its just a lot of unfortunate things coming together and its not really a fundamental issue with nexus more than its where nexus, arena, and arenas ladder system all meet together.

its cool that it shows the many ways in which each individual thing is broken, though.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

It was a one of in the winning worlds 2007 Doran list. Chumped a bogardan hellkite for the win, iirc. Poor Chapin.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Marketing New Brain posted:

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that in today's Standards or Moderns, Hippie wouldn't be broken even with Ritual. Strong, yes. Broken, no. Obviously if Spectre gets to connect it's going to get backbreaking very quickly, but if your opponent has something wild and crazy like a way to remove a 2-toughness creature for 1 or 2 mana-- unheard of, I know, but stay with me here-- then you just let them 2-for-1 you.

Dark Ritual making fair decks faster was never the problem with Dark Ritual.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

being able to play a 3 drop on turn 0 breaks plenty of fair decks

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The obnoxious bit is when you can play it turn 1 on the play, and your opponent needs a 1-mana answer.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Hippie is already Modern legal and no one cares. Dark Ritual and Necropotence were very obviously the problem cards from that old deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

mcmagic posted:

I'm very happy this was the season PPTQs ended so I don't have to play this toxic as poo poo format.

Sorry, I was going to buy those Nexuses from you until I watched the Open this weekend.

Card is definitely going to end up getting the axe