Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
so in the botw2 dark world are all the bird people humans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Post-apocalyptic was cool in theory but it got old pretty fast. Having only 2 real towns and extremely sparse population was a bummer. Also, just think of how much more hype Hyrule Castle would have been if it weren't just a bunch of dingy broken hallways.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kakariko, Zora place, Hateno, beach village, Goron village, Rito town, Gerudo city, and the one you can build yourself. Saying there were only two towns you have to dismiss a lot out of hand

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i hope they incorporate the freedom of movement from botw in other adventure games

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Breath of the Royale. Just literally BOTW's exact map, more chests lying around and you drop a hundo Links.

I would play this. I would play the poo poo out of this. Guardians activate when there are only 10 players left to hurry up the end game. Weapons have durability so you constantly have to hunt for new weapons instead of camping once you get a sniper rifle. Food is craftable and recovers health but you can't move while cooking or eating. The "fog of war" is calamity Ganon decending around you.

Just make it happen, Nintendo.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh and chests can contain spirit orbs, most enemies drop one (maybe lower level ones only have the chance to) and Lynels and Guardians drop 4.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

American McGay posted:

Post-apocalyptic was cool in theory but it got old pretty fast. Having only 2 real towns and extremely sparse population was a bummer. Also, just think of how much more hype Hyrule Castle would have been if it weren't just a bunch of dingy broken hallways.

which zelda game are you talking about here

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Maybe the next Zelda game should have multiple romance options

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

I started Twilight Princess HD because finishing BOTW has me on a Zelda kick. I remember the opening dragging but man. Twelve years later it's just as bad if not worse. Also every NPC is weirdly grotesque and the small-town-RPG opening they're trying really falls flat. I might just jump to wind waker HD instead.

I'm sticking with this but

- there are two separate scenes where ilia takes Epona and you have to meet her at the spring
- there are separate tutorials for horse grass and hawk grass
- there is a tutorial for jumping over gates with epona
- there are two separate goat herding tutorials
- there is a fishing tutorial
- you get the slingshot, then have to use it to kill a spider to proceed. A nice natural tutorial! Then the children show you how to use the slingshot to break targets
- the children teach you how to swing a sword to break a dummy
- there is then a long sequence where you jump over a gate with Epona, run through some corridors and fight enemies that either don't attack you or don't move, which would be a fine tutorial on its own if it wasn't for the previous bullet points

This is all before I've even turned into a wolf. This is worse than I remember

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Tender Bender posted:

- there are two separate scenes where ilia takes Epona and you have to meet her at the spring
- you get the slingshot, then have to use it to kill a spider to proceed. A nice natural tutorial! Then the children show you how to use the slingshot to break targets
- there is then a long sequence where you jump over a gate with Epona, run through some corridors and fight enemies that either don't attack you or don't move, which would be a fine tutorial on its own if it wasn't for the previous bullet points

Yuuuup.

Man, they made the opening areas too small for the horse they want you to ride everywhere...

I remember having a ton of fun when you get to turn back and forth from Wolf form freely, so, uh, have fun in ten hours.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

it's really bad and most of it isn't even justified on a story level

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

they put toilet princess on 4 different consoles but still haven't given us link's awakening hd

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

they put toilet princess on 4 different consoles but still haven't given us link's awakening hd

almost spit out my drink @ "toilet princess" LOL

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
What is Toilet Princess? I'm not googling that

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This would kick so much rear end. I wouldn’t even care if it was on 3DS, I just want it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Twilight princess.

My ideal botw 2 is a pill that makes you forget you played botw and lets you experience it fresh again.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
one of my favorite things about a new Zelda is finding the new items and equipment and I hope whatever the next Zelda they make is has that

it was one thing that disappointed me a bit in BotW because outside of a couple of armor pieces there was just nothing new to pick up in the world, no gadgets or new fancy techniques. It was also my biggest problem with LBW because that game just gave you all the items from the start and made you rent them which sucked

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gripweed posted:

What is Toilet Princess? I'm not googling that

Twilight Princess

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Midjack posted:

Twilight Princess

Is there a big toilet in it or something?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Is there a big toilet in it or something?

midna's headthing kinda looks like a toilet seat if you squint and already have bad eyesight

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I just now realized that the interior doors in SMB2 are supposed to be rectangular doorways with light shining in through them, not hosed up trapezoid shaped doors.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I just now realized that the interior doors in SMB2 are supposed to be rectangular doorways with light shining in through them, not hosed up trapezoid shaped doors.
:wtc:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Mister Facetious posted:

Link to the Past and Link's Awakening in the botw engine would be peak Zelda for me.

Link's Awakening 3D with a Majora's Mask-like narrative focus on the villagers, especially Malon, as Link progresses through the dungeons would be extremely my poo poo.

If BotW had full-on dungeons, they absolutely would've had one in the Lanayru Promenade, that place is so neatly tucked into the area it sits in that it practically screams "dungeon" and realizing there was only a shrine there was the biggest disappointment of the game by far for me. Of course, by that I mean I said "aw bummer that could've been awesome. Oh well, what's in this field up ah-oh gently caress a Lynel RUN"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Your Computer posted:

one of my favorite things about a new Zelda is finding the new items and equipment and I hope whatever the next Zelda they make is has that

it was one thing that disappointed me a bit in BotW because outside of a couple of armor pieces there was just nothing new to pick up in the world, no gadgets or new fancy techniques. It was also my biggest problem with LBW because that game just gave you all the items from the start and made you rent them which sucked

learning organically about the bullet time you get from shooting the bow in mid-air felt way cooler than any "opening the big chest" reveal but i do see your point. only one of the champion powers actually feels like a new ability

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Looper posted:

learning organically about the bullet time you get from shooting the bow in mid-air felt way cooler than any "opening the big chest" reveal but i do see your point. only one of the champion powers actually feels like a new ability

You got me thinking BOTW, but it's also Toki Tori 2 would be cool.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Next zelda game should be gyro control only like the marble mazes

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Gripweed posted:

Maybe the next Zelda game should have multiple romance options

What's the point when you only need to romance the fish prince?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Dr. Fetus posted:

This means nothing. This playlist was last updated in October. If it really was a new private video, it would say updated recently. They probably just made an old video private for whatever reason.

They probably had to hide something that was going to pertain to an upcoming announcement. Nintendo Direct Confirmed!

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The 13th is a Wednesday. Clearly the Direct is going to be an announcement for Wiggler Wednesday on Switch!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

I mean BotW has a ton of other cool stuff going for it and is already one of the best games ever made, so it's not a dealbreaker or anything but I just think it would've been ridiculously cool if some of the well-hidden secrets had contained actual stuff. I know it's been talked about a bunch of times already but imagine if something like the hookshot could be found in the world (instead of another korok seed/shrine), something that isn't required to beat the game but is a nice thing to have and makes you feel cool as poo poo for finding! There are so many things you could add that wouldn't have to be necessary to beat the game but could still add some QOL or traversal options.

BotW had the best sense of exploration and discovery in any game I've played so it was more of a "journey rather than destination" thing with all the korok seeds and shrines, but I'm also a sucker for treasure and it was always the thing I was most excited for when a new Zelda game came out :shobon:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
If there was a hookshot everybody would just look up how to find it and instantly go for it. That's the danger of making something too good and unique like that.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Heath posted:

If there was a hookshot everybody would just look up how to find it and instantly go for it. That's the danger of making something too good and unique like that.
I mean, so what? if you're the type who will look up and beeline for stuff then you do you, y'know? that doesn't take anything away from those of us who want to explore and find that stuff for ourselves

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'm praying they do BOTW treatment to Wind Waker 2

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
BotW 2 would be awesome if it was an actual Zelda game rather than an open world tech demo.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Junkie Disease posted:

I'm praying they do BOTW treatment to Wind Waker 2

wind waker 2 is phantom hourglass

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Waltzing Along posted:

BotW 2 would be awesome if it was an actual Zelda game rather than an open world tech demo.
:imunfunny:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Looper posted:

wind waker 2 is phantom hourglass

WW3 THEN!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Give me a Link Between World's style graphical update to the actual best Zelda game, Link's Awakening, instead of wasting good hard working man hours on Breath of the Wild 2

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Please give me a second open world tech demo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hey guys the GOTY 2017 and one of the highest rated console games ever released and the best selling Zelda game of all time was actually just a tech demo. :xd: