Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This page is really sweet and cute.

Hank sure improved himself. That polaroid ist gross.

This is kinda weird, because Katie is actually mostly right here. Pasqualo is a bit fake and superficial and doesn't want to let her mask slip. But at the same time, being a pleasant person, even if you force yourself to be one, can have a positive impact on the people around you. And she doesn't force herself to be nice, because society expects it from her, but because she genuinely wants the other person to be happy. Katie on the other hand acts like a decent human, but only because she hates everything and doesn't want to life with the consequences of offending those lowly assholes.
Also Pasqualo has raging self doubt, which she internalizes, whereas Katie lashes out and projects her weaknesses onto others. Honestly, Katie just hates to see Pasqualo flaunting her mask, because she doesn't do anything else either.

It's really nice characterization how two polar opposites act mostly the same in everyday life.
If this is the intended psychological mindset of these girls, Josef and Gob are quite good at this stuff.

Then again, I just like to analyze, fantasize and maybe project into the mindset of fictional people with twisted psyches. Maybe it's just a silly, funny little webcomic about some schoolgirls and shouting the N-Word for a long time.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i liked the old Hank better

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Maybe both Katie and Pasq's viewpoints are valid, but should be applied on case-by-case basis' instead of universally?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

cant cook creole bream posted:

This page is really sweet and cute.

Hank sure improved himself. That polaroid ist gross.

This is kinda weird, because Katie is actually mostly right here. Pasqualo is a bit fake and superficial and doesn't want to let her mask slip. But at the same time, being a pleasant person, even if you force yourself to be one, can have a positive impact on the people around you. And she doesn't force herself to be nice, because society expects it from her, but because she genuinely wants the other person to be happy. Katie on the other hand acts like a decent human, but only because she hates everything and doesn't want to life with the consequences of offending those lowly assholes.
Also Pasqualo has raging self doubt, which she internalizes, whereas Katie lashes out and projects her weaknesses onto others. Honestly, Katie just hates to see Pasqualo flaunting her mask, because she doesn't do anything else either.

It's really nice characterization how two polar opposites act mostly the same in everyday life.
If this is the intended psychological mindset of these girls, Josef and Gob are quite good at this stuff.

Then again, I just like to analyze, fantasize and maybe project into the mindset of fictional people with twisted psyches. Maybe it's just a silly, funny little webcomic about some schoolgirls and shouting the N-Word for a long time.

This is a good analysis. Just wanted to let you know I enjoyed reading it!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I really appreciate that cynicism isn’t always right.

Isn't it, though? I don't think she's wrong about the shallowness of Pasq's friendships, it's just that her implication that such a shallow friendship is meaningless that was wrong.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Who What Now posted:

Isn't it, though? I don't think she's wrong about the shallowness of Pasq's friendships, it's just that her implication that such a shallow friendship is meaningless that was wrong.

So, then it is wrong. The whole basis of Katie's cynical theory is that basic kindness is inherently shallow and thus meaningless, which is demonstrably incorrect.

But really, this isn't about Pasq, it's about Katie's inability to form basic connections because of her own bitterness. A bitterness which isn't any more or less shallow than Pasq's niceness, because honestly most of her "deep cynical thoughts" aren't exactly routed in reality and are pretty much her own insecurities reflected back at her (like most middle school angst).

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I just think "Oh eat a dick Pinkie Pie" is a really good line

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 12, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ManlyGrunting posted:

I just think "gently caress you Pinkie Pie" is a really good line

Katie is just watching My Little Pony off screen.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I'm glad Gob is still dropping in occasional Friendship is Magic references every now and again frankly, at the risk of exposing myself. Gives the comic that real endearing Terminally Online quality

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I haven’t watched it since its first season and the fandom went to poo poo, but I do still keep a little Rainbow Dash figure next to my computer as a tribute to Pasq.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hellsau posted:

Katie is just watching My Little Pony off screen.

You have to pay attention to watching MLP at least once to know why that even cuts.

Ballz posted:

I haven’t watched it since its first season and the fandom went to poo poo, but I do still keep a little Rainbow Dash figure next to my computer as a tribute to Pasq.

I have some Rarity Chuck's from 2012 that are still my gym shoes for lifting.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This is a good analysis. Just wanted to let you know I enjoyed reading it!

Aww thanks. That feels nice.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

So, then it is wrong. The whole basis of Katie's cynical theory is that basic kindness is inherently shallow and thus meaningless, which is demonstrably incorrect.

But really, this isn't about Pasq, it's about Katie's inability to form basic connections because of her own bitterness. A bitterness which isn't any more or less shallow than Pasq's niceness, because honestly most of her "deep cynical thoughts" aren't exactly routed in reality and are pretty much her own insecurities reflected back at her (like most middle school angst).

it doesn't need to work as some kind of universal social commentary. She doesn't want to be part of Pasq's stable cause she views her as kind of an inconsiderate emotional vampire, and instead of taking "no" for an answer Pasqualo is doing the inconsiderate emotional vampire thing of following her around harassing her nonstop to be "friends". Other people are not, like, factually wrong broken misanthropes or frigid bitches or whatever cause stalking and catcalling doesn't make them want to be in whatever relationship with you you demand.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 12, 2019

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wasabi the J posted:

You have to pay attention to watching MLP at least once to know why that even cuts.

:hmmyes:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it doesn't need to work as some kind of universal social commentary. She doesn't want to be part of Pasq's stable cause she views her as kind of an inconsiderate emotional vampire, and instead of taking "no" for an answer Pasqualo is doing the inconsiderate emotional vampire thing of following her around harassing her nonstop to be "friends". Other people are not, like, factually wrong broken misanthropes or frigid bitches or whatever cause stalking and catcalling doesn't make them want to be in whatever relationship with you you demand.

Bitch, did I say what Pasq was doing was right? No, I did not. You've responded to my post with a lot of poo poo that was mostly accurate, but had gently caress all to do with my original point which was that Katie's cynicism is self-destructive.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

There's no kindness involved here, basic or otherwise. Remembering someone's birthday is not a substitute for treating them like a person and doesn't make whatever you do to them 'kind'. That's the point, it's not an indictment of remembering birthdays in itself as some kind of evil act.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 13, 2019

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Congrats Katie, you won! Now you can be alone and miserable all you want :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol way to go Katie, you got what you wanted.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

VJeff posted:

lol way to go Katie, you got what you wanted.

Yeah, I mean that's how it works.

"It's easier to deal with alone, I've been doing it all my life! "

At least that's what my reaction to emotional stress went when I had worse sad brains.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Well at least things seem to be looking up for Triple Nipple Kevin and his great dick.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/ContextlessMLP/status/1094720186752659456

This seems more appropriate for Pasqualo's universe than ours.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

super sweet best pal posted:

https://twitter.com/ContextlessMLP/status/1094720186752659456

This seems more appropriate for Pasqualo's universe than ours.

I never watched MLP as a kid, but this one clip makes me wish I did.

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah, I mean that's how it works.

"It's easier to deal with alone, I've been doing it all my life! "

At least that's what my reaction to emotional stress went when I had worse sad brains.

Same, depression is a Hell of a drug.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

I never watched MLP as a kid, but this one clip makes me wish I did.

Well, I don't want to spoil anything but it wasn't very good

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

another day

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I know I say this every time a comic comes out but this comic owns.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

pasq gay so what

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
drat pasq, youre working some dark chuckles

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

But why an owl?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Owls are known for their wisdom and he knew there was nothing to live for if he couldn't get a refund.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Good thing everyone can bond over their depression IRL in this comic

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Pasq makes a good comic.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Good thing everyone can bond over their depression IRL in this comic

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1097361240811175937?s=21

As an aside, I really like Pasq’s pink highlights.

Edit: there’s also now a PFM music playlist:

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1096840014363672576?s=21

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

no idea why Gob hasn't yet secured that product placement deal with Doritos b/c this is the good poo poo

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

SatansOnion posted:

no idea why Gob hasn't yet secured that product placement deal with Doritos b/c this is the good poo poo

I just hope those Doritos are Cool Ranch, the one true flavor, and not Nacho Cheese, though the red bags and barrel lead me to suspect I will be disappointed.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hellsau posted:

I just hope those Doritos are Cool Ranch, the one true flavor, and not Nacho Cheese, though the red bags and barrel lead me to suspect I will be disappointed.

Now now, as we learned last time, the bag colors are not necessarily an indication of the chip flavors. You never know when the Doritos Gang is involved.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Now now, as we learned last time, the bag colors are not necessarily an indication of the chip flavors. You never know when the Doritos Gang is involved.

there is hope in this world

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They might be Sriracha Ranch?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Please press play before reading! It fits really perfectly.

Gob: maybe put the soundtrack vids above the comic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Good choice on the Magnetic Fields, Gob.