Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I'm still chewing through the MSQ (I think I'm about a quarter of the way through HW right now) but x.55 is usually when they drop the last story quests for a given expansion, right? Overall how good/bad has Stormblood's plot been so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Well that was a nice way for maintenance to start. Won 500k for finding a guy hidden in Limsa.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Mymla posted:

GUN starts in Gridania because that city is the one most like a garden.

Honestly the city most like a FFVIII garden is probably Limsa, given there's literally a giant pirate ship buried under all the stonework. Just gotta chip it free and unfurl the sails.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Countblanc posted:

Possibly, but it seems weird to assume only NA would be doing that, or at a significantly higher rate than JP at least. Note that I'm mostly interested in the gap between those rather than the numbers themselves.

Also NA has much lower rates of level 50 BLU and Alphascape clears* than the other regions. I guess NA just glamours and nothing else? maybe we're kings of LoV.

*the measure for this one is really weird though, but the gap is so sizable regardless

Also bear in mind that
1. EU "active" population numbers are roughly one half of what either NA or JP are, so 50% of EU is as many people as 25% of NA/JP
2. JP data centers have a historically stronger PUG culture for FF14 in particular, and this expands to all types of content
3. Even NA's relatively low 14% rating for Pyros cap is a significantly larger percentage of people doing a special kind of side activity than otherwise expected, add that to the 17% on EU and JP's big 32% all basically mean Eureka is fully justifiable to the developers despite the skewing

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I'm still chewing through the MSQ (I think I'm about a quarter of the way through HW right now) but x.55 is usually when they drop the last story quests for a given expansion, right? Overall how good/bad has Stormblood's plot been so far?

I've liked Stormblood a lot. That said, I don't think we're getting the final story patch just yet. It will drop in 4.56, which will likely be in late March.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What's coming in this patch?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Eurekaaaaaaaaaaaaa, baby!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

IcePhoenix posted:

What's coming in this patch?

Eureka: Hydatos and a new map for Rival Wings.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Presumably some kind of trial or big solo duty to end the MSQ also
e: oh wait that's march

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
A big solo duty in 4.56 seems like a safer bet than a surprise trial

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Personally I've really enjoyed Stormblood's story. The expansion overall has done the best job getting me to care about individual characters and making them feel uniquely connected to my WoL. The story felt like it was drawn in a bit more than Heavensward. I'm pretty hype for Shadowbringers.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

I am fully outside of the AOE circle and I still get hit and take 90% damage.

LoL it's comically stupid. 25 yards outside of the AOE circle and it still hits me.

If you're inside the orange circle when the cast ends, you get hit. Focus one choco at a time, they cast meteors roughly each 40% of their HP so don't be nuking both at once.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Mymla posted:

GUN starts in Gridania because that city is the one most like a garden.
I just kinda figured on their end that Gridania doesn't have a Tank class and this would be the easiest way of "adding" one even if not really.
Guess we'll see if we get our expansion Healer starts in Ul'dah.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Gun should start in Ul'dah because Nanamo will reveal that it actually is a garden.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

gently caress. An Omza mount. I guess I'm doing the stupid hell dungeon of bullshit

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
A friend of mine is trying to get back into the game since quitting in Heavensward. He was using the authenticator software on his old phone which is now long gone. He put in a ticket to SE support to get it removed this morning but hasn't had any response yet.

Anyone ever had to contact them and know what their turnaround is?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

A friend of mine is trying to get back into the game since quitting in Heavensward. He was using the authenticator software on his old phone which is now long gone. He put in a ticket to SE support to get it removed this morning but hasn't had any response yet.

Anyone ever had to contact them and know what their turnaround is?

Their email system is worthless, call or chat in.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

SonicRulez posted:

Personally I've really enjoyed Stormblood's story. The expansion overall has done the best job getting me to care about individual characters and making them feel uniquely connected to my WoL. The story felt like it was drawn in a bit more than Heavensward. I'm pretty hype for Shadowbringers.

I've liked Stormblood's story as well, about as much as Heavensward's. I prefer parts of each - HW's capital city, zone art, and music (the last only slightly - Soken keeps doing good work); SB's story themes, raids, and class design (especially crafting). Community opinions are divided between SB and HW, which I think is a positive sign that the team took risks in each.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Its so happy! :3:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Oh poo poo, an Ozma mount from the super dungeon of Eureka.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Patch Notes

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Boy, they're really stressing how bullshit the eureka dungeon is. Eureka had historically been really enjoyable and not frustrating and boring so this should be real great.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Also: they added a treehouse to housing

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Lemon King posted:

When Hell's Lid came out, I said I'd do anything for a sea swallow mount.

GUESS ANYTHING IS EUREKA HUH

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Leraika posted:

When Hell's Lid came out, I said I'd do anything for a sea swallow mount.

GUESS ANYTHING IS EUREKA HUH

watch it be from 200 rival wings wins

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Countblanc posted:

watch it be from 200 rival wings wins

pls don't put that bad magic on me

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
new rival wings looks lit

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think I might actually try Rival Wings!

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Hahaha, hope for PvP. And they say the Eureka people are delusional. :allears:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
also new gold saucer emotes

oh and because stirring the rumor pot is always fun for a few pages - a few days ago there were some pretty quickly disregarded leaks posted on reddit. i only remember three things though:

1) hydatos will add the Vermilion Cloak (pictured in the patch notes) and the Kirin's Osode from FFXI
2) there are no male viera and instead theres some big bara hairy cat boy race (sounded like a rakshasa sort of thing)
3) dancer is definitely the other ShB job

now dont get me wrong, predicting the vermilion cloak is a pretty tepid pull but if the osode is there too well, lol i guess

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Lemon King posted:

It's free from Eureka now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Countblanc posted:

oh and because stirring the rumor pot is always fun for a few pages - a few days ago there were some pretty quickly disregarded leaks posted on reddit. i only remember three things though:

1) hydatos will add the Vermilion Cloak (pictured in the patch notes) and the Kirin's Osode from FFXI
2) there are no male viera and instead theres some big bara hairy cat boy race (sounded like a rakshasa sort of thing)

now dont get me wrong, predicting the vermilion cloak is a pretty tepid pull but if the osode is there too well, lol i guess

How do you know they're Gold Saucer emotes? I'd figure they'd be PVP or Eureka

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i just misread the patch notes since they're pretty close to the "gold saucer" header

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Im prepared to do whatever it takes to never try to get an ozma mount

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Countblanc posted:

i just misread the patch notes since they're pretty close to the "gold saucer" header

I was just holding out hope since I have tons of MGP but don't want another goddamn /shiver

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
New Rival Wings looks kinda interesting. Shame I'll be stuck with Absolute Virtue for the rest of my life instead of seeing it.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Countblanc posted:

Been gone for a little over a year. Where were these leaks? Because Hulk Cats sound kinda cool.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

For further context, this was posted after Blufever said he'd stop leaking on GameFAQs.
I'm pretty sure people were guessing at Absolute Virtue from the moment they saw the FFXI stuff in Eureka, and it wasn't that big of a stretch to guess at the Vermillion Cloak (the Tarutaru minion is wearing it!)

It's worth noting, however, that Minfilia's bit of the story in Heavensward and the Crystal Tower raid series were both written by Shadowbringer's head writer.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

calling mr happy an idiot is the most convincing part of that post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's hard to tell if that's real broken english or someone faking it