Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

That dude sure is mad about pilot-less drones.

Nocheez fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Queen Combat posted:

Which is weird, because they'll trip internally anyway. The switch is not on a hard-connection to the contacts. This just means you can't reset it when it does.

Maybe there's something on that circuit that doesn't like being shut off and turned back on and needs to be unplugged/reset before the circuit breaker is reset?

I mean, it's probably just some dumbass, but maybe?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/3my8t5o.mp4

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Its almost as if he built it for shits and giggles and to have some fun.

Maybe he could add an airframe parachute and you guys could get your panties into an even bigger knot.

It's almost as if this is the thread where we laugh at dumb poo poo that's also hilariously unsafe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

What's the line between dumbass "manned drone" and mini helicopter? 2 lift rotors? 3? Does Colin Furze's hoverbike count as one or the other?

Platystemon pretty much nailed it. Traditional aircraft are capable of stable flight without a computer making constant corrections; even if you completely lose power in a helicopter, its flight characteristics mean you can at least autorotate to the ground. Multirotor drones (4, 6, 8 rotors, doesn't matter) don't really have any aerodynamic characteristics other than using raw thrust to fight gravity. If you lose power or the flight controller runs into a situation it can't handle, it's going straight down at 9.8 m/s2.

Fun fact, the main rotor in a gyrocopter isn't powered by anything other than the air moving through it to produce lift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtaKyxEQAFI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeu-IxYw9ms

Coxswain Balls fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 11, 2019

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://i.imgur.com/IByzIRF.mp4

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

cakesmith handyman posted:

What's the line between dumbass "manned drone" and mini helicopter? 2 lift rotors? 3? Does Colin Furze's hoverbike count as one or the other?

It's the presence of cyclic and collective controls that make a helicopter, i.e. the ability to control blade angle of the propeller(s).

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Another classic ruined

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Target fixation? So busy looking at the ooh! train! that they forgot to brake?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

GotLag posted:

Target fixation? So busy looking at the ooh! train! that they forgot to brake?

I'd have to guess either that, or looking at their phone. I can't really make the driver out through the windshield though

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Queen Combat posted:

Which is weird, because they'll trip internally anyway. The switch is not on a hard-connection to the contacts. This just means you can't reset it when it does.

That makes it EXTRA SAFE.

Also, wire is wrapped around the screw in the proper direction.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Queen Combat posted:

Which is weird, because they'll trip internally anyway.

I've got a Federal Pacific box, so I don't have this problem

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
RIP you stab-lok bastard :patriot:

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-lake-shore-drive-river-bridge-closure-20190211-story.html

Drove over this probably last weekend.

Chicago Tribune posted:

A cracked steel beam that supports the roadway leading to the Lake Shore Drive Bridge over the Chicago River forced the closure of the northbound drive near the river while officials shore up the structure Monday, authorities said.

The northbound drive from Monroe Street to Grand Avenue was expected to be closed at least through the afternoon rush hour after the crack was discovered, city officials said.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
:stare: you don't need any ultrasonic testing equipment to find THAT crack, jesus. How often do they inspect their drat bridges?

e: sudden -50 weather probably didn't help, but that's not a crack that appears overnight

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

:stare: you don't need any ultrasonic testing equipment to find THAT crack, jesus. How often do they inspect their drat bridges?

e: sudden -50 weather probably didn't help, but that's not a crack that appears overnight

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

lol

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_satiation

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

thought this was something totally different

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

And here I am, an FAA-licensed
*ahem*
drone pilot

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://i.imgur.com/QG438xe.mp4

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Holy poo poo!!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

This reminds me of when a pipe next door to a comm room burst at work. It busted through a wall and sprayed water directly into an ethernet patch panel. The cable dogs had to replace all the horizontal runs because the water seeped several feet into the cables. Luckily I wasn't there when it happened. I don't know how they dealt with it because the water hitting the patch panel would have just dripped down to the floor tiles where all the power connections were.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 12, 2019

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I knew we should have asked for a bathroom instead of a water closet!!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ah, the front loading washer of Damocles.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bad Munki posted:

Ah, the front loading washer of Damocles.

God drat it, I wanted that joke.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

KOlo

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
The washing machine is the least cursed thing in that photo!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Officer - We found the body here in the tub. Appliance fell in while they were in there.
Coroner - Electrocuted.... drat, what a way to g.....
Officer - No, crushed.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

soy posted:

I knew we should have asked for a bathroom instead of a water closet!!

:dadjoke:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Queen Combat posted:

I can sorta see how they can get clothes into the thing, but getting soap in the tray or working the controls would be tricksy at best.

There's still a little room in front of the sink, how did they skip putting a bidet in there?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just stand on the tub or the sink to access the controls. It seems like you can either be tall enough to reach the controls, but too tall to use the toilet, or short enough to use the toilet, but too short to access the controls.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

No toilet roll holder smh

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

When I used to work in public housing maintenance, we had a specific code for the toilet roll holder because of how often tenants managed to snap them off the wall. God knows why they were exerting so much pressure on them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Endman posted:

When I used to work in public housing maintenance, we had a specific code for the toilet roll holder because of how often tenants managed to snap them off the wall. God knows why they were exerting so much pressure on them.

They were standing on it so they could do their laundry, dummy.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Queen Combat posted:

Nah, the least cursed thing is the tub that is actually deep enough to soak in. It might even be blessed, except it's kinda ugly.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Endman posted:

Were they a few inches above knee height and just forward of the knee when seated on the toilet? People probably used them as a handle to push themselves up off the toilet.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress you too, sfgate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Nah, the least cursed thing is the tub that is actually deep enough to soak in. It might even be blessed, except it's kinda ugly.

My kingdom for a bathtub in a low-to-mid range apartment that can fit my corpulent goonbody.

Sex Skeleton posted:

Were they a few inches above knee height and just forward of the knee when seated on the toilet? People probably used them as a handle to push themselves up off the toilet.

That's what I used to think, but it happened a lot even in properties with accessibility handrails. Perhaps the rolls when pulled were exerting a catastrophic level of torque. I blame multi-ply toilet roll.