Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Steve2911 posted:

Idk the same will probably happen to Nintendo games, just one generation after everyone else.

I'll finally have time to go through my backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Yes, but thankfully there will always be Nintendo games.

They don’t make immersive sims though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

They don’t make immersive sims though

They didn't make shooters before Splatoon either!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm impressed with the transparently evil job title of Monetization Designer, I guess Kiddie Crack-Seller didn't encompass all the specifications of the role.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
A pikmin mmo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

precision posted:

A pikmin mmo

Every character is a single pikmin and death is permanent

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Nintendo should start allowing sex into their games. Judging from Bowsette and that short-lived “Isabelle fucks” meme alone, the fans neeeeeed it bad

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Jay Rust posted:

Nintendo should start allowing sex into their games. Judging from Bowsette and that short-lived “Isabelle fucks” meme alone, the fans neeeeeed it bad

Would that be easier or harder to accomplish than Nintendo fans just having sex.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

In Training posted:

Beat Tofu mode :cool:

Is it really difficult? Or does it involve a lot of running away? Also how long does it take to knife all the birkins? or is it a different story line? I never unlocked Tofu in the original (nor Hunk) as I just did not have the skills!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Would that be easier or harder to accomplish than Nintendo fans just having sex.

The fans are thirsty, give them what they want

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Feb 12, 2019

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Andrast posted:

Every character is a single pikmin and death is permanent

:hai:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

exquisite tea posted:

I'm impressed with the transparently evil job title of Monetization Designer, I guess Kiddie Crack-Seller didn't encompass all the specifications of the role.

next up: Battle Royale Implementer

lets see; the hook is The Outsider is dead and you try to get as much power as possible to ascend in his place, takes place in a city, you start with Blink (for flashy cool early fights) and upgrade at scattered Outsider Shrines or by sacrificing another player (this takes time and makes you vulnerable), runes, weapons and items yadda yadda...

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Nintendo games are bright, charming, colourful and formulaic

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

burn this entire industry to the ground

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Attestant posted:

burn this entire industry to the ground

This comic, but with Monetisation Designer instead of Comic Sans

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they said like a year ago that were taking a break from dishonored, arkane's current project has been described in the past as a "multiplayer game as a service" lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"multiplayer game as a service" is my relationship status on Facebook

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Do you think in a few years time, when the servers have shut down, that there'll be a small group of uberfans who run Fallout 76 private servers?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Infinitum posted:

Do you think in a few years time, when the servers have shut down, that there'll be a small group of uberfans who run Fallout 76 private servers?

no

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

I know that’s what you want to believe but

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Steve Yun posted:

I know that’s what you want to believe but

no

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The square button on one of my PS4 controllers is feeling stiff which makes it hard to play Apex Legends as that requires a lot of mashing on square to pick things up. I don't really want to open it up again and see if there's something under the button, but it's that or cough up $60 for a new controller (or, likely, both).

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Maybe it was just my experience because he is a huge difficulty spike in the early game but I found his side battle to be very difficult. It might have just been a skill test thing (like Blade Wolf in Metal Gear Rising) because facing him later, even in a 1v2 fight, was less taxing.

Also to be clear the fake fight in the story mission is pretty easy, it's the duel that completely wrecked me. I would say it was comparable to Lady Maria/Orphan of Kos

that's stands to reason i guess. so far the boss i've eaten poo poo to the most was actually the very first one on the boat because i was still learning how the game functions, but i'm pretty sure it's not going to be the hardest in the game. lightning dog guy was mechanically way harder, but i've got the fundamentals down by now so it probably took fewer attempts overall.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also just straight up outleveling/outgearing bosses seems like a distinct possibility in nioh so far too

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Celeste update; I dont care if there are infinite fast respawns; killing me because I have no way of knowing the first time what Im supposed to do is rude. Also your plot is stupid and whoever though the wind stage was a good idea is wrong.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shame on you sweet nerevar~

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LawfulWaffle posted:

The square button on one of my PS4 controllers is feeling stiff which makes it hard to play Apex Legends as that requires a lot of mashing on square to pick things up. I don't really want to open it up again and see if there's something under the button, but it's that or cough up $60 for a new controller (or, likely, both).

Sell it to gamestop towards a new one i guess.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

seeing this on the Arkane page is like my worst nightmare

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm watching a compilation of finishing moves from that new Jump Force game that's coming out (already came out?).

It's making me realize just how many Shonen Jump characters have some variation of "glowy special form what in their hair get spikier".

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VideoGames posted:

Is it really difficult? Or does it involve a lot of running away? Also how long does it take to knife all the birkins? or is it a different story line? I never unlocked Tofu in the original (nor Hunk) as I just did not have the skills!

It's a remixed map, so enemy placement is all completely new and there's no bosses. The idea is that this is right before Leon/Claire show up and Agent HUNK murdered 90% of RPD inhabitants before they arrived (thank you Hunk). A full successful run takes about 10 minutes but Tofu is pretty tricky. He's probably much easier in this than he was in the original though bc you can use knives as defense weapon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is anyone else who is not a Steam user, picking up Metro Exodus this week?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Easier. Nobody fucks now, haven't you read the news and think pieces?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
If you have time for sex then you have time to game instead, unless you're some kind of fake gamer

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

PantsBandit posted:

I'm watching a compilation of finishing moves from that new Jump Force game that's coming out (already came out?).

It's making me realize just how many Shonen Jump characters have some variation of "glowy special form what in their hair get spikier".

luffy’s gear fourth “Boundman” is insanely sick

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If only there was some way of combining the two...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Japan has you covered.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Anyone who becomes sexually aroused looking at Bowsette pictures would be happier finding a caring and supportive partner willing to dress up like a big bapped turtle princess for them without judgment.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

100 corvos blink into a steampunk city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

nic3e