Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Imagine a Campbell Newman style swing except its Federal and instead of Anna Bligh it's ScoMo.

Imagine that Channel 9 Shredder graphic just going down the loving list.

E: All these true believers

Anidav fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Feb 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

drunkill posted:

Hahahaha, a gotcha from Leigh Sales.

Dutton rushes on to spruik how good the government is and how they'll stop the boats, but just now Leigh has blindsided Dutton with Malcolm Turnbull questions as he hasn't been on 7:30 since the spill.

What? I want to see this.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Zenithe posted:

Please tell me that iron brooms quote is real.

"We are living in an iron time and have to sweep with iron brooms. Everyone has therefore to do his duty without asking his conscience first."
Himmler, 1941

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Seems I'm picking a lively evening for this, but here, have a preview of my voting comic redux. Sorry if they're a bit big.

Fkn sweet

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Can you please include your pantsless Andrew Bolt caricature in this remake.

Maybe make him poo poo himself again too.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

28766f69642a2930 posted:

well they’ve got avs on board
untrue

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

An Air New Zealand plane on its way to Shanghai was forced to return to Auckland after several hours in the air on Saturday because paperwork for the flight included a reference to Taiwan.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Seems I'm picking a lively evening for this, but here, have a preview of my voting comic redux. Sorry if they're a bit big.

This is wonderful.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

This new season of politics is off to a gripping start tbqh

Please never apologise for anything - these are really good.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Reclines Obesily posted:

was the howard government this whiny during the run up to their last election? too young to remember

https://www.abc.net.au/7.30/clarke-dawe-and-the-politics-of-fear/2678988

quote:

BRYAN DAWE: Mr Howard thanks for your time.

JOHN CLARKE: Well, good evening, Bryan, and thank you very much for your kind invitation.

BRYAN DAWE: Perhaps for the last time.

JOHN CLARKE: Are you leaving, Bryan? I'll be sorry to hear if you are.

BRYAN DAWE: It must be nearly time for bed, for you?

JOHN CLARKE: Well, it's a wearying time, Bryan, it's rather exhausting, but very stimulating and, of course, that's the nature of this job.

BRYAN DAWE: Do you think it will be close Saturday?

JOHN CLARKE: I do think it will be close, I think it will be very close indeed.

BRYAN DAWE: You've been running an enormous scare campaign this last week, haven't you?

JOHN CLARKE: No, we haven't, Bryan. What we've been doing is been running an information campaign, Bryan, getting our vital message out there. We've got policy initiatives, we want to put them in front of the Australian voters.

BRYAN DAWE: Prime Minister, you've been saying that if Kevin Rudd gets in the country will be run by unions. Who's it run by now?

JOHN CLARKE: That is a fact.

BRYAN DAWE: Who is it run by now?

JOHN CLARKE: The country?

BRYAN DAWE: Yes.

JOHN CLARKE: Big money and business and so on. You know where you are with them, Bryan. I mean that's why it's been going so well.

BRYAN DAWE: You've said it's not the time to entrust Kevin Rudd with the economy?

JOHN CLARKE: Very important point and thank you for raising it. This is not the time, Bryan, to try untested leadership with that vital element of the economy.

BRYAN DAWE: And you're tried and tested, are you?

JOHN CLARKE: Oh yes, you know where you are with us, Bryan.

BRYAN DAWE: Six interest rate rises in four years?

JOHN CLARKE: Bryan, it could only be worse under Labor, no matter how terrible we are, they will be worse.

BRYAN DAWE: You keep saying this.

JOHN CLARKE: This is the key point, this is not the time to take the risk.

BRYAN DAWE: You keep saying this, but what is the reason for that? I mean, you can't know this as a fact? When you were Treasurer, for example, interest rates were the highest...

JOHN CLARKE: Wooohhh, wooohhh, wooohhh (louder)

BRYAN DAWE: ... Mr Howard, what are you doing.

JOHN CLARKE: Boo! Boo!

BRYAN DAWE: Mr Hoard, on the question of policies, Mr Howard?

JOHN CLARKE: (makes strange noises and grunts)

BRYAN DAWE: Oh Mr Howard, stop it, this is just theatrics.

JOHN CLARKE: Julia Gillard, Julia Gillard, Julia Gillard, Julia Gillard, Julia Gillard, Julia Gillard, Julia Gillard, Julia Gillard, ...

BRYAN DAWE: What's your argument about Julia Gillard?

JOHN CLARKE: Julia Gillard.

BRYAN DAWE: Yes, I know. What's Julia Gillard?

JOHN CLARKE: She's got red hair. Have you ever seen her, Bryan, ever seen a photograph.

BRYAN DAWE: Yeah, she's got red hair. Have there been red haired people in Government before Mr Howard?

JOHN CLARKE: Wooohhh, wooohhh, wooohhh (louder)

BRYAN DAWE: Mr Howard, Mr Howard, if WorkChoices was any good, why would you promise not to keep bringing it in?

JOHN CLARKE: Look out, there's a man over there with a bolt through his head and his teeth are dripping blood and he's got an axe!

BRYAN DAWE: Mr Howard, it's Tony Abbott?

JOHN CLARKE: Get out of the way, Tony, behind Tony.

BRYAN DAWE: Where?

JOHN CLARKE: What's the theme music for 'Jaws'?

BRYAN DAWE: Oh. Da-dung, da-dung, da-dung... (theme music from the film 'Jaws')

JOHN CLARKE: Can I make a policy announcement?

BRYAN DAWE: No, no, we don't have time, Mr Howard. Shane, I don't think he's got anything to say.

JOHN CLARKE: Whoo!

BRYAN DAWE: Did you see the UN report on global warming? Mr Howard? What am I going to do?

JOHN CLARKE: I frightened myself then.

BRYAN DAWE: Thank you for joining us.

JOHN CLARKE: That's a quite a good policy.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Thaaanks everyone! There'll be a plain black-and-white version too, for cheap and clear printing/photocopying.

Anidav posted:

WOULD THAT I COULD. But I think you'll enjoy the new independent candidate and the classic "Slappo!" panel, now with enhanced intensity.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Anidav posted:

Slightly on topic, has Bolt emerged from whatever hole he lives in to screech yet?

Probably still hiding away wanking with sandpaper to build up his agony levels.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Graic Gabtar posted:

Slightly on topic, has Bolt emerged from whatever hole he lives in to screech yet?

Chris Kenny has already penned a piece on the disastrous day Labor had today

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Graic Gabtar posted:

The Morrison govt ‘no longer controls Parliament’: Bolt

quote:

Sky News host Andrew Bolt says the Liberal Party ‘no longer controls Parliament’ after it suffered an historic defeat on the medivac bill in the House of Representatives on Tuesday. The Morrison Government has become the first government to lose a vote on legislation in the House of Representatives since 1929. Mr Bolt says the Liberal Party has had the loss 'rubbed in their face' by Labor.

rats flinging selves off ship wholeheatedly

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Feb 12, 2019

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Come on Andrew. Say it with me.

The Shorten Government.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Reclines Obesily posted:

was the howard government this whiny during the run up to their last election? too young to remember
Howard himself only had whine as a setting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HJjBmciK_c

He was a petulant malevolent dwarf with an ugly demeanor contrasted only by the darkness of his soul.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
So tomorrow after passing the bill the senate will put a motion to the house to extend sitting days in parliament, which the cross bench will also carry right?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Don Dongington posted:

So tomorrow after passing the bill the senate will put a motion to the house to extend sitting days in parliament, which the cross bench will also carry right?

I wish I had your optimism re: the bill not being bureaucratically/procedurally sunk tomorrow in the Senate, or Hinch's alcoholism turning fatal

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

bell jar posted:

I wish I had your optimism re: the bill not being bureaucratically/procedurally sunk tomorrow in the Senate, or Hinch's alcoholism turning fatal

All they can do is delay it, the optics of which will harm them far more than just quietly letting it through. Win/Win for Billy the Kid.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/AnthDeCeglie/status/1095281571622412288?s=19

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I bet they've had that front page ready since 2016

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Turns out Morrison accidentally forgot to register the Captain Cook memorial cruise ship and modern Australia brasserie.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I wonder if the libs are going to start publicising turnbacks to make it look like the boats have started again.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SteveGibbonsXMP/status/1094826994125008897

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Starshark posted:

I wonder if the libs are going to start publicising turnbacks to make it look like the boats have started again.

You bet your potato's they will

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Anidav posted:

I bet they've had that front page ready since 2016

Bill shortens tiny hand

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

Bill shortens tiny hand
If your hands are not big enough to stop a single boat how can your hands be big enough to run a country Mr Speaker?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Slugnoid posted:

between the victorian election and the federal govt i cant remember a crop of liberals so mind bendingly incompetent.

like they've still got the evil lib mindset, they're just bumbling idiots. like the crooks from home alone

I think I've said something similar before but they're living in NewsCorp and 2GB land - everything they say or do makes perfect sense if you then go back to your office, flick on Sky and have Alan Jones verbally fellate you for an hour.

"Average Australians think..."

"Everyday Australians are angry at..."

These things are how all the papers and radio start their stories but they're not even close to true any more. And since paper and radio's influence has dropped so dramatically it makes the Libs look horrendously stupid and out of touch (they always were, but your average working class Aussie used to be much more easily conned into agreeing with them)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

But I think you'll enjoy the new independent candidate and the classic "Slappo!" panel, now with enhanced intensity.

:yeshaha:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I love cartoon diarrhoea. Give me all the poo poo Chicken.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The boats never stopped

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Speaking of literal poo poo, was just doing a late night grocery run and found a sewage pipe had burst right in front of the QV Woolies.

Solid turds clinging to the walls. :stare:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/_sara_jade_/status/1095259551962525696?s=19

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
That's a nice way of saying he pm is a straight up biyatch

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Wow, I chose a doozie of a night to ignore Auspol

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I love Sara Jade. She's completely nuts but I choose to believe every word she says.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

hambeet posted:

What? I want to see this.

https://twitter.com/_JustinStevens_/status/1095250780850810881

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
He stopped the boats, then they stopped him.