Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Shortbread occupies and interesting niche, in that good shortbread is god tier, but bad shortbread are some of the worst cookies ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

The only flavor in those cookies is sugar and they aren’t even cohesive or chewy in any way. They’re not even crispy, either. Just, like, sugar pressed into that shape loosely. They suck poo poo and are for window-lickers that stopped growing mentally (and gustationally) at four years old and just want candy. Eat poo poo and di(abetes)e

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Slippery posted:

maybe for a God who has banned all semblance of taste and likes dry, boring cookies that are reminiscent of an emotion that you can really only say in French but means boredom so deep and existential that you die just watching people experience it

anyway thin mints own

Not to be rude or make fun, but do you smoke heavily or eat lots of fast food?

It's pretty common for people with ruined taste buds to always think subtle flavors like pecan sandies, La Croix, or macarons, are flavorless. Or have trouble distinguishing wines.

Like, when you bite into regular American white bread like McDonald's or Burger King buns, or wonder bread, or Subway bread, does it taste "normal" to you, or horrifyingly, gag-inducingly sweet? Can you taste the vomit flavor in Hershey's chocolate?

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Snowy posted:

Just lol if you don’t have Enrique warm up your masturbatorium before you get home

Enrique is my masturbatorium :agesilaus:

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

IDGI

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I'm a wrong

Bombadilillo has a new favorite as of 02:45 on Feb 12, 2019

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Shortbread occupies and interesting niche, in that good shortbread is god tier, but bad shortbread are some of the worst cookies ever.

Yeah and if you have bad shortbread it can turn you off it for a long-rear end time.

Same with marshmallow cookies, New Zealand has the bizarrely best marshmallow cookies in the entire world bar none but their actual marshmallows are dreadful

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Watch "Kidnapped in Plain Sight" on Netflix because this is intense.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It's pretty common for people with ruined taste buds to always think subtle flavors like pecan sandies, La Croix, or macarons, are flavorless. Or have trouble distinguishing wines.

Like, when you bite into regular American white bread like McDonald's or Burger King buns, or wonder bread, or Subway bread, does it taste "normal" to you, or horrifyingly, gag-inducingly sweet? Can you taste the vomit flavor in Hershey's chocolate?

I was primed to attempt some sort of masterstroke burn here but hell, that's really interesting! I don't smoke or eat fast food but, my sense of taste is all messed up for some reason (born that way). I can't really taste much (i.e. can maybe tell white from red wine on a good day)...so what you're saying makes a lot of sense in this context, so thanks!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

ALSO, we can all clearly see that the emperor is wearing clothes

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/berdyaboi/status/1062474651614482433

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

lol

My poor phone speakers

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

lol

My poor phone speakers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiE3aVQGf8o

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Hell yeah I smoke heavily. Smoke your dads dick lol faced.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

freeedr posted:

The only flavor in those cookies is sugar and they aren’t even cohesive or chewy in any way. They’re not even crispy, either. Just, like, sugar pressed into that shape loosely. They suck poo poo and are for window-lickers that stopped growing mentally (and gustationally) at four years old and just want candy. Eat poo poo and di(abetes)e

Imagine being this stupid

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

mysterious frankie posted:

Hell yeah I smoke heavily. Smoke your dads dick lol faced.

GODDAMMIT MOM GET OFF THE INTERNET

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Positive note, you can recover from wrecked taste buds!

Less positive note, it takes a couple weeks of eating deeply bland food.

Positive note redux, once you go through the process you'll come out the other side able to appreciate all sorts of stuff!

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Someone put a picture of that guy that abandoned his friend when that art co-op burned dish. I think his name was mule or something

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Who What Now posted:

Imagine being this stupid

But he/she's 100% right.

If you want to replicate that flavor at home, mix a spoonful of sugar with a spoonful of four, and then just hock the biggest loogie you can into it, stir it around a bit, and you'll get something with the exact flavor and texture as those poo poo-tier 'cookies.'

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Somfin posted:

Positive note, you can recover from wrecked taste buds!

Less positive note, it takes a couple weeks of eating deeply bland food.

Positive note redux, once you go through the process you'll come out the other side able to appreciate all sorts of stuff!

Is this like the thing where if you stay in an anechoic chamber for too long your ears get so starved for input that you start to hear your own heartbeat and it can drive you mental

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

DrBouvenstein posted:

But he/she's 100% right.

If you want to replicate that flavor at home, mix a spoonful of sugar with a spoonful of four, and then just hock the biggest loogie you can into it, stir it around a bit, and you'll get something with the exact flavor and texture as those poo poo-tier 'cookies.'

Angry about cookies and Transformers

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Phy posted:

Is this like the thing where if you stay in an anechoic chamber for too long your ears get so starved for input that you start to hear your own heartbeat and it can drive you mental

More like you eat mashed potatoes for two weeks and come out of it able to appreciate all foods

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
the first time i got on anti-depressants there was a moment when all food started tasting delicious, like rice crackers and hummus were bringing me to tears they tasted so good.

not saying that if things taste bland you have depression, but you have depression.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I was a 1.5 pack a day smoker from 15-33 and ate garbage until I was 28 when I cut out sugar and junk food and it is wild to me how much more I can taste now.

Like when wine says "notes of cherry and so-and-so" I can taste it.

And Europeans were absolutely right. American white bread is GHASTLY with how sweet it is. McDonald's buns taste like old lady ribbon candy.

And about 5 years ago I first tasted the vomit flavor in Hershey's chocolate and it was appalling.

Anyways, I got moon moon (he has depression).

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Anyways, I got moon moon (he has depression).

We all love and support moon moon as he goes through this troubled time

Pls take ur meds an drink water moon moon

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Angry about cookies and Transformers

Put that on my gravestone.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Powered Descent posted:

Everyone agreed that the evening we'd spent the week before, ineptly painting all the miniatures, had been more fun than the actual game was.

I hate painting, but with Warhammer 40K, playing the newest iteration of the rules is the worst experience.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

thatbastardken posted:

the first time i got on anti-depressants there was a moment when all food started tasting delicious, like rice crackers and hummus were bringing me to tears they tasted so good.

not saying that if things taste bland you have depression, but you have depression.

There's actually zero difference between depression and depression. You imbecile. You loving moron.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Paladinus posted:

There's actually zero difference between depression and depression. You imbecile. You loving moron.

OK, that’s just great. :golfclap:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Paladinus posted:

this kind of ill treatment is why i have depression

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/shotuptheschooI/status/1094030387314151424?s=20

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
https://youtu.be/X9MLyg0nmqA

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DrBouvenstein posted:

But he/she's 100% right.

Yeah, lemme just mix sugar with a numerical concept real quick

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Taste is also heavily linked to smell, so maybe you have sinus issues.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Thanks! I hate it.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Man, @shotuptheschool, that's far 2edgy5me

and a little disturbing as well

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Sorry, a couple of pages late

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

And about 5 years ago I first tasted the vomit flavor in Hershey's chocolate and it was appalling.

Hershey did nothing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Decrepus posted:

Hershey did nothing wrong

Actually Hershey very clearly and identifiably did something wrong. They used sour milk rather than fresh milk in ye olden days, and now they artificially add butyric acid to simulate the taste of sour milk in their products. Most other American manufacturers followed suit, giving American chocolate that distinctive vomit taste. They also use more sugar and less cocoa, because why the hell not, already tastes like poo poo.