Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Crossposting from the Kickstarters thread because just look at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
I don't really know what to make of it except that your choices are apparently limited to sex Today, or Never. drat, way to make a dude nervous.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Slippery posted:

I don't really know what to make of it except that your choices are apparently limited to sex Today, or Never. drat, way to make a dude nervous.

If both you and your partner are kinda horny but not massively, you might decide to LoveSync instead of having sex

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
what the gently caress are they even selling? i don't get any aspect of this

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Panty Saluter posted:

what the gently caress are they even selling? i don't get any aspect of this

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3536751&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=567#post492491691

Buttons you and your partner press if you want to get laid but don't want to actually communicate. If you both press the buttons then the gently caress lights start flashing.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

“Hey, I’m down. You wanna smash?”
“Yeah.”
“Nice.”

OR

“Hey, I’m down. You wanna smash?”
“Nah.”
“Cool. I’ll go take some alone time.”

I just saved everyone 7500 dollars. You’re welcome.

Ariong has a new favorite as of 09:48 on Feb 12, 2019

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Qwertycoatl posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3536751&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=567#post492491691

Buttons you and your partner press if you want to get laid but don't want to actually communicate. If you both press the buttons then the gently caress lights start flashing.

may i suggest if you can't vocalize it, you dont need to be loving as much as you need to work on talking or moving on

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/DanCrenshawTX/status/1095078431317000193

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Panty Saluter posted:

may i suggest if you can't vocalize it, you dont need to be loving as much as you need to work on talking or moving on

way to discriminate against mute couples

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Nenonen posted:

way to discriminate against mute couples

Mute couples probably have better communication than the creators.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Qwertycoatl posted:

If both you and your partner are kinda horny but not massively, you might decide to LoveSync instead of having sex

is LoveSync what they did in Demolition Man (not the three seashells part, the other part)

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

you're god drat right that if I could snap my fingers and make a 14 mile long wall disappear, I'd do it. talk about an awesome party trick

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

What happened in 93-94?

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Piell posted:

What happened in 93-94?

NAFTA? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Free_Trade_Agreement

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Piell posted:

What happened in 93-94?

NAFTA. Much like 2006-2008 downturn was probably caused by the US economy going downhill.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
I really think the button could work for partners where one or both of them have been in abusive/coercive relationships before, ones where the question of "Does this 'yes' mean 'I want to have sex', or 'I don't want sex but I still fear that saying no will lead to bad things happening'?"

I mean, obviously they should be seeing a therapist about it, but a no-pressure way of indicating desire could lead to them trusting their own libido again.

Of course, you can't actually say "This is mostly for former abuse survivors and the people they're currently seeing" in a Kickstarter pitch, because most of the money there is coming from the "This is tech with flashing lights that might solve relationships forever, MUST HAVE IT" crowd.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zemyla posted:

I really think the button could work for partners where one or both of them have been in abusive/coercive relationships before, ones where the question of "Does this 'yes' mean 'I want to have sex', or 'I don't want sex but I still fear that saying no will lead to bad things happening'?"

I mean, obviously they should be seeing a therapist about it, but a no-pressure way of indicating desire could lead to them trusting their own libido again.

Of course, you can't actually say "This is mostly for former abuse survivors and the people they're currently seeing" in a Kickstarter pitch, because most of the money there is coming from the "This is tech with flashing lights that might solve relationships forever, MUST HAVE IT" crowd.

Yeah the problem is the market for "this is a tool for couples that have difficulty communicating due to issues of past trauma with one or both partners" is a lot smaller than the market for "this is for people that wanna gently caress but think that verbal consent is like, such a turn off"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Zemyla posted:

Yeah, if it was for that it could just be a cute little app with like I dunno a teddy bear aesthetic or whatnot

As it is it's a chunk of expensive machined proprietary hardware that needs to be plugged into something else

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Slippery posted:

you're god drat right that if I could snap my fingers and make a 14 mile long wall disappear, I'd do it. talk about an awesome party trick

And if I could snap my fingers and make a 2000 mile wall show up across barren wasteland for a mere 6 Billion bucks that would also be a great party trick.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah the problem is the market for "this is a tool for couples that have difficulty communicating due to issues of past trauma with one or both partners" is a lot smaller than the market for "this is for people that wanna gently caress but think that verbal consent is like, such a turn off"

Yeah, this is kinda just a sex-oriented version of weird infomercial products. Those are usually made for people with disabilities, but those profit margins are really tiny and in some cases can make someone feel less capable for having to have them. So, market it to normal people who apparently have the world's weirdest able-bodied problems, you get a larger market.

Although in this case part of me wonders if they know that and designed their product for this real if rare need, or if they're just techbros trying to innovate where it's not needed and accidentally making a product useful to a small subset of the population.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

CannonFodder posted:

And if I could snap my fingers and make a 2000 mile wall show up across barren wasteland for a mere 6 Billion bucks that would also be a great party trick.

Right? I mean what are people thinking, for like 1.5B you're gonna be lucky to get a study done that'll tell you what it'll actually cost to build

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/cccchubby/status/1095149379667652608

One of these is not like the others, one of these just isn't the same.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I laughed when i saw lonely North Dakota, them even harder when i saw Tennessee

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I laughed when i saw lonely North Dakota, them even harder when i saw Tennessee

Michigan, though. :stare:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Michigan, though. :stare:

gently caress I'm dead

And not surprised

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
The one that concerns me is 'skin'. Because that means that either they're specifically looking for something I can only imagine is horrifying, or they've had to include 'skin' in their searches to ensure the results actually include skin, and in that case the fact they're adding that speaks poorly of every other state for apparently being fine without that criteria.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Cleretic posted:

The one that concerns me is 'skin'. Because that means that either they're specifically looking for something I can only imagine is horrifying, or they've had to include 'skin' in their searches to ensure the results actually include skin, and in that case the fact they're adding that speaks poorly of every other state for apparently being fine without that criteria.

It may be a joke post

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Somfin posted:

It may be a joke post

Tennessee doesnt love Kevin James???

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Oklahoma gets freak-ay.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
Montana determined to be literate, come hell or high water

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

I wonder what else could have happened between 2006-2008 that would have caused a precipitous drop in border crossings.

I guess we'll never know, the only thing that changed between those years was the wall, surely.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Goth Hospital sounds like a CW show

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Dave Grool posted:

Goth Hospital sounds like a CW show

The coroner's personalized covers of Bela Lugosi's Dead get old pretty fast.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

This pie chart brought to you by Plane-Chute Inc, makers of

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Slippery posted:

This pie chart brought to you by Plane-Chute Inc, makers of

Ballistic Recovery Systems, Inc.

INSURANCE FOR
YOUR FAMILY.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Cleretic posted:

You're one to talk. Just look at your avatar.

Culex
Jul 22, 2007

Crime sucks.
https://twitter.com/mousefountain/status/1023916939356327936

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

House is a bit generous

Someone make the renter/homeowner/homeless legs/feets/neither/both hypercube tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Snail shells are literally called 'houses' in my language.