Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Jay Carney posted:

I finally beat RDR2 including both epilogues and while I know a lot of people have issues with the game (as do I) it is def on my top ten games of all time. My friend used to fundraise for one of the houser brothers and his obsession apparently was the natural world and you can really see it in every aspect of the game, I’ve never felt more comfortable in a game world if that makes sense, the feel of a living world is something I’ve never seen matched in any other game. As someone who produces media it was almost depressing at times seeing how big and amazing what they did was...with 100 hour work weeks. I’ve worked plenty of those and they suck so goddamn much but man...I rarely make content as amazing as that game. (Never)

I’m going to burn through the titanfall2 campaign as a palate cleanser after but I promised myself I’d work through my backlog before I buy a new game (and I really want resident evil two)

What would you guys pick?

Bloodborne
Nier:A
Zelda BOTW
Mario Odyssey
MGSV
Yakuza Kiwami
Prey

Have a bunch more prob but these are at the top of my mind and octopath traveler kind of sucks

Mgsv then botw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Carney posted:

I finally beat RDR2 including both epilogues and while I know a lot of people have issues with the game (as do I) it is def on my top ten games of all time. My friend used to fundraise for one of the houser brothers and his obsession apparently was the natural world and you can really see it in every aspect of the game, I’ve never felt more comfortable in a game world if that makes sense, the feel of a living world is something I’ve never seen matched in any other game. As someone who produces media it was almost depressing at times seeing how big and amazing what they did was...with 100 hour work weeks. I’ve worked plenty of those and they suck so goddamn much but man...I rarely make content as amazing as that game. (Never)

I’m going to burn through the titanfall2 campaign as a palate cleanser after but I promised myself I’d work through my backlog before I buy a new game (and I really want resident evil two)

What would you guys pick?

Bloodborne
Nier:A
Zelda BOTW
Mario Odyssey
MGSV
Yakuza Kiwami
Prey

Have a bunch more prob but these are at the top of my mind and octopath traveler kind of sucks

those are all better than rdr except maybe mgsv so go wild

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.

She basically determined how much money should go to various nonprofits and what nonprofits bc he is rich as hell and also lobbied his rich friends to donate to same nonprofits

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

Depends how much you want to dive in - given that RDR2 is a pretty huge and intense experience.

If you can handle a huge world to explore definitely go for BOTW. If not I'd probably say Nier or Bloodborne.

Yeah I was thinking bloodborne, I bounced off of it pretty hard before but I don’t think I had the right expectations.

I feel like I’m saving BOTW for the next time I’m trapped in some random country for a month but who knows when that will be (please can we not invade Venezuela)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

bushisms.txt posted:

Mgsv then botw.

this or the other way around

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bushisms.txt posted:

Mgsv then botw.

That means he won't play RE2 for several months though.

The best game on the list is probably Bloodborne, closely followed by Nier and Zelda.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/ZapZamberini/status/1095184959210434561

Jump Force is just a fan-fiction with OCs that got a big budget...

Of twelve dollars.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Mario Odyssey is the best game on that list, so that

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

mario oddessey was good for photo mode but 3d world was way better

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Jump Force looks incredible.

https://twitter.com/KingItnas/status/1095367691685097472
https://twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1095341121771687937

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

https://youtu.be/MwNLp1GgtdY?t=372

I think the game may have been rushed in a few places to make the release date.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

oddium posted:

mario oddessey was good for photo mode but 3d world was way better

I liked 3D World better too, but Odyssey is still the best game on that list up there

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

MvCI is some stiff competition.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Odyssey's good but to me it felt like a less good Galaxy.

I think Galaxy ruined Mario for me forever.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Not sticks, cubes, we just saw proof of this

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

always nice to come home for lunch and have a conditional eviction notice on the door

especially twice in as many months

you know you can call people if you missed finding the rent check and not instantly jump to eviction, right, or not couch a rent increase as "NOTICE OF EVICTION or increase of monthly rental sign here for the dollar increase"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Mario Odyssey is the best game on that list, so that

Macaluso posted:

I liked 3D World better too, but Odyssey is still the best game on that list up there

hmmm. i would put it. third from the bottom

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

3d world does not have this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qrnvgknltg

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The movement in Odyssey is amazing but I thought the setting was kind of boring and idk if I liked moons every three steps

It's still one of the best games on Switch though. The speedruns are cool, they're almost under an hour now

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I miss Jump Super Stars.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

From the videos I watched it seems like the only good thing is Aizen is just chilling in his chair on the CSS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wxgjDmSi04

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

3D World was fun enough but probably the least memorable 3D Mario for me. It's definitely more varied and pretty, but I think I liked 3D Land more on the whole.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

Odyssey is what I play when my gf is getting ready for whatever bc I can knock ten minute chunks off I love it, haven’t played a Mario since the 64 version tho.

I keep wanting to buy xenoblade two bc I want a good JRPG I can play in my office when I have downtime but I hear mixed things and also I’m saving for an engagement ring 😓

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
BotW is the best game on that list by far, but I'll throw a plug for Prey as it's fantastic but also probably the shortest one, in case you want something (relatively) bite sized.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Goku dying of heart disease is the realest thing. Makes me wish more fantasy protagonists had mundane deaths. RIP Harry Potter 1980 - 2019, ruptured pancreas.

Help Im Alive posted:

The movement in Odyssey is amazing but I thought the setting was kind of boring and idk if I liked moons every three steps

It's still one of the best games on Switch though. The speedruns are cool, they're almost under an hour now

Maaaan Odyssey's worlds are the most like Mario 3 which had the largest variety of Mario designs and it's so nice to play a 3D Mario game that's not random floating objects in space.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I feel like if i ever mention how much of a disappointment odyssey was to me i'll be crucified

al-azad
May 28, 2009

so... crackdown 3 in 3 days???

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

ehs for mehs agent

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

you heard it microsoft you waited too long, you've only got 3 days to delay it this time

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Phantasium posted:

I feel like if i ever mention how much of a disappointment odyssey was to me i'll be crucified

Go for it, I'm here for interesting criticism!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

Talk about how botw is a lovely zelda instead cause thats at least true

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Go back to playing cards and love hotels, Nintendo, you’re not cut out for video games

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What's this game The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince? It looks good as hell

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Phantasium posted:

I can't imagine how it would be a disappointment to anyone so knowing what you were expecting would be interesting to hear.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like odyssey but it's a baby game for children, with precisely one challenging level in the entire game that is also too short and underwhelming compared to past Champion Roads. So that's a complaint I could understand

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Talk about how botw is a lovely zelda instead cause thats at least true

If by a lovely Zelda you mean one of the best games ever made sure. Easily top 5.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's no paper mario: the thousand year door

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm trying to remember when a Mario game was challenging and it usually just goes back to world 9 of Mario 3 with no items. Maybe the pachinko game in Sunshine that can eat my rear end.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wondered how BotW would hold up on a second playthrough when I'd already seen everything, but a couple months back I replayed it on Master Mode/did the DLC and somehow spent more time exploring the world than in my original playthrough :popeye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I hated BOTW, honestly. It doesn't offer any of the things I like in a videogame.