Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."
Metroid Prime Trilogy would be worth revisiting just because it wouldn’t have the motion controls in the third entry. Which would be a genuine gameplay improvement!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Old Grasshopper posted:

Metroid Prime Trilogy would be worth revisiting just because it wouldn’t have the motion controls in the third entry. Which would be a genuine gameplay improvement!

Why couldn't they use joycons for motion control?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Spacebump posted:

Why couldn't they use joycons for motion control?

Wii/U aiming relied on the sensor bar. Someone earlier covered the hassle of drift in Splatoon which has a button to deal with it and the Metroid games do not. They'd have to make changes and test them on top of plain porting.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

LethalGeek posted:

They'd have to make changes and test them on top of plain porting.

Good thing Nintendo is a game developer then.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LethalGeek posted:

Wii/U aiming relied on the sensor bar. Someone earlier covered the hassle of drift in Splatoon which has a button to deal with it and the Metroid games do not. They'd have to make changes and test them on top of plain porting.

They’ll definitely address this. I doubt it’ll be a simple port.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

Do they? I thought they scaled pretty nicely on 3DS. I’d much prefer them on Switch though.

Ya I think you can do pixel perfect on 3DS with SNES games? Other than the games looking small, it's a great little emulator

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kazy posted:

BotW but with Spiderman PS4's webslinging (with grapplehooks)

Spider-Man PS4’s web-swinging relies too heavily on scripting and automation and is designed to keep the player from loving up hilariously, meaning that it would never gel with BotW’s world design or general gameplay philosophy.
Give it the web-swinging from Spider-Man 2 The Movie The Game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

LethalGeek posted:

On what planet would this be a more significant undertaking than completely overhauling gameplay that was designed from the ground up for motion controls so that it works with a traditional dual analogue control scheme

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BotW but with nothing taken from Spider-man

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I remember even reviews saying that the motion controls made MP3 way too easy so stick+gyro could be fine on that end.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Good thing Nintendo is a game developer then.

SeANMcBAY posted:

They’ll definitely address this. I doubt it’ll be a simple port.
Yep & Yep. Explaining why it's going to take a minute longer to bake :chef:

Edit: plus you know if/when that happens there's going to be some speedrunner who figures out how to bug the game out while the new Center View option is moving the camera etc

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 12, 2019

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kazy posted:

BotW but with Spiderman PS4's webslinging (with grapplehooks)

You swing halfway across one canyon and then your stamina runs out and you fall to your death

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Macaluso posted:

You swing halfway across one canyon and then your stamina runs out and you fall to your death

After enough web swings the grapple hook breaks and you have to scrounge around for a new one.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Junkie Disease posted:

Gimme a S.C.U.M.M. collection on Switch

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Pixel perfect is Bad

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Posting so I can actually get the phantom post to load.

I would be very happy to see a version of MP3 without motion controls, though, I tend to really dislike them when I run into them.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I AM HYPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj7Glcn5dec

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

seeing fish just make me want another Endless Ocean

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If there's no lure cam what's the loving point

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Jesus Christ dude you really need to stop doing this it's mega embarrassing and cringe inducing

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Calaveron posted:

Jesus Christ dude you really need to stop doing this it's mega embarrassing and cringe inducing

Please stop quoting your ex girlfriend in this thread

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Calaveron posted:

I will post my accurate predictions here, in my thread.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Far as I'm concerned this thread has been bought and paid for by the dad jokes.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I thought the tweets were serious until I read "available separately at $60 per game, or $150 for all three" lol

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
So this is the second UK direct in the last few months but no US ones, right? That is strange to me, I know information is going to get out there regardless of where it's released but still seems strange.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DLC Inc posted:

I thought the tweets were serious until I read "available separately at $60 per game, or $150 for all three" lol

That's the most serious part

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

We are exactly the same amount of years away from Mario Sunshine’s release as Mario Sunshine was from the original Super Mario Bros

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

So this is the second UK direct in the last few months but no US ones, right? That is strange to me, I know information is going to get out there regardless of where it's released but still seems strange.

It's everywhere

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1095321632456040448

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I thought the tweets were funny :colbert:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm looking forward to playing with my old friends Agnès, Tiz, Edea, Ringabel and Magnolia in the best Final Fantasy games.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Ah cool, I only saw the one about the UK stream. Thanks!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

gey muckle mowser posted:

I thought the tweets were funny :colbert:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I, for one, am prepared for 29 minutes of FIRE EMBLEM FIRE EMBLEM FIRE EMBLEM and then a casual, passing mention of other games before MOAR FIRE EMBLEM.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
one day one day one day

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Gonkish posted:

I, for one, am prepared for 29 minutes of FIRE EMBLEM FIRE EMBLEM FIRE EMBLEM and then a casual, passing mention of other games before MOAR FIRE EMBLEM.

i hope they make all the fire emblem gay this time, i wamma smootch

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

three houses was announced almost a year ago and we've heard dick all about it since then, what's y'all's damage about nintendo finally talking about it?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Brother Entropy posted:

three houses was announced almost a year ago and we've heard dick all about it since then, what's y'all's damage about nintendo finally talking about it?

That they're doing it 24 hours and 19 minutes from now and not 19 minutes from now, basically.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Gonkish posted:

Good, because Fire Emblem is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Huxley posted:

That they're doing it 24 hours and 19 minutes from now and not 19 minutes from now, basically.

fair