Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

kiimo posted:

Also the best CB in the draft

Probably the most likely to be picked early, his stock has fallen a little recently though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm fine, I'm dead set on the Chiefs doing whatever is necessary to get Deandre Baker.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Dejan Bimble posted:

Also, who do you all think has the best name tool in the draft? I really like Greedy Williams, but that's easy

Clifton Duck

Bunchy Stallings

Evan Butts

Easton Stick

Soso Jamabo

Squally Canada

Shy Tuttle

Hamp Cheevers

yes these are all real

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

All just living in the shadow of General Booty

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Bunchy Stallings, Hamp Cheevers and Shy Tuttle could be the new era Three Stooges

meanwhile Easton Stick is either a lawsuit or an endorsement deal waiting to happen and Evan Butts is funny... lol buttss that's where poop and farts come from

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Play posted:

Clifton Duck

of my glorious alma mater Appalachia State. I hope he turns out to be good in the NFL

Dejan Bimble posted:

Also, who do you all think has the best name tool in the draft? I really like Greedy Williams, but that's easy

Rock Ya-Sin DB Temple
Oshane Ximines DE Old Dominion
Jalen Jelks DE Oregon
Hjalte Froholdt G Arkansas
Yosh Nijam T Virginia Tech

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Supposedly the Browns were extremely high on him. Welp
So they get a first rounder in the second/third

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Play posted:

Clifton Duck

Bunchy Stallings

Evan Butts

Easton Stick

Soso Jamabo

Squally Canada

Shy Tuttle

Hamp Cheevers

yes these are all real

I like tuttles

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’ve seen mocks with Greedy falling to 13. I thought he was a top prospect?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bunchy Stallings sounds like someone from the Playa Haters Ball

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’ve seen mocks with Greedy falling to 13. I thought he was a top prospect?

1. Rumors of "laziness"
2. So you'll read someone's hot take mock who doesn't know any more than you do
3. Ignore everything until the combine especially Walter Football.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
“Laziness” was the answer i was looking for.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Play posted:

Clifton Duck

Bunchy Stallings

Evan Butts

Easton Stick

Soso Jamabo

Squally Canada

Shy Tuttle

Hamp Cheevers

yes these are all real

He's not draft eligible the the Argonauts just signed a defensive tackle named Cory "Poop" Johnson:

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/02/13/argos-ink-defensive-tackle-cory-poop-johnson/

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

1. Rumors of "laziness"
2. So you'll read someone's hot take mock who doesn't know any more than you do
3. Ignore everything until the combine especially Walter Football.

4. Then keep ignoring everything because the draft is always bananas and everyone's mocks end up hilariously wrong anyway

ELO Musk posted:

I like tuttles

i love to kiss tuttles

dammit autocorrect!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

But sometimes, rarely but sometimes, draft pundits are like "why the gently caress is Seattle drafting Rashaad Penny in the first round?!" and they're right on the money.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

kiimo posted:

But sometimes, rarely but sometimes, draft pundits are like "why the gently caress is Seattle drafting Rashaad Penny in the first round?!" and they're right on the money.

The draft boards were pretty much right on this previous year. To me that gives lie to the idea that the draft is actually a crapshoot that can't be understood. The quarterbacks... all drafted in more or less the correct order. The big playmakers in the early rounds all became basically what we thought they would. There were some surprising scores and misses, but overall the information provided by that whole draft industry was mostly correct as far as I can tell

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I never really thought about it but yeah you're right. The QB order was right on and Jackson went right where people predicted. Good call.

edit: except for Penny, who should have gone in the 2nd or 3rd to Tampa Bay or something.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

I never really thought about it but yeah you're right. The QB order was right on and Jackson went right where people predicted. Good call.

edit: except for Penny, who should have gone in the 2nd or 3rd to Tampa Bay or something.

Sure would've been better than worthless rear end Ronald Jones.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Peeps be coming out with their mock drafts....

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2019/mock-drafts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001017849/article/bucky-brooks-top-5-2019-nfl-draft-prospects-by-position-10

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/02/12/2019-nfl-mock-draft-3-rounds-trades-surprises-kyler-murray-dwayne-haskins-drew-lock/

https://www.drafttek.com/2019-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2019/round1/

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/nfl-mock-draft-2019-1.25231517

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

I like how almost every single one of those mocks have the Browns picking a different position, let alome player.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I like what The Draft Network comes up with.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/11/sikkemas-2019-nfl-mock-draft-6-0/

Trevor Sikkema's mocks are entertaining.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Sad King Billy posted:

He's good and the draft Network is cool. They're working on a thing where you can build your own big board, should be cool. I think it launches on the 25th.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Jaylon Ferguson had has combine invitation revoked because he had a battery charge as a freshman for a fight at a mcdonalds.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Dilber posted:

Jaylon Ferguson had has combine invitation revoked because he had a battery charge as a freshman for a fight at a mcdonalds.

Yeah that's bullshit

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I hope he gets invited to Miami's Pro Day, since that's where his DC is now.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbT9zx72SVI

get ready for a lot of Quinnen Williams = Aaron Donald hype

also is Nick Bosa really that good? Like a lock at first overall good? Seems doubtful to me but I don't know poo poo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

also is Nick Bosa really that good? Like a lock at first overall good? Seems doubtful to me but I don't know poo poo

Bloodlines!

Nah he's really good from what I can tell, we'll see how he tests at the combine.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
How does Nick Bosa compare to Joey as a prospect?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
pre:
                          Nick Bosa                            Joey Bosa
Age:                21 (1997-present)                           23 (1995-2018)

40-yd dash:         projected 4.6                              ∞ 

Sacks:                   17.5                                   21

TFL:                    29.0                                    34.5

Height:                  6'4"                                   6'5" when propped upright

Weight:                  263                               down to 210 w embalming fluid included

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

Well the biggest difference from what I've seen is that Nick has a pulse.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Everyone at Ohio State said Nick was ahead of his brother when he was there.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Sad King Billy posted:

Miami picking a QB even though literally everyone’s agreed they aren’t interested in any of this year’s crop and it’s universally accepted we’re building the support system for a QB this year

Dude didn’t do basic hw

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

a neat cape posted:

Better bend, slightly smaller, slightly faster. Joey looked way stiffer and less athletic at this stage, but their move sets are literally identical.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

Miami picking a QB even though literally everyone’s agreed they aren’t interested in any of this year’s crop and it’s universally accepted we’re building the support system for a QB this year

Dude didn’t do basic hw

Miami need OG pretty badly from what I could tell, yet all the high value OL seem to be tackles.

Maybe trade with teams like Houston who need good tackles. Miami could get Lindstrom, Risner or Cajuste in that range, plus an extra second round pick to trade up with.

Risner and Cajuste seem to have some flexibility too.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Dude didn’t do basic hw

I don't know if you can take that at face value. If you did like a quarterback in this draft, you're at a lot of risk of getting jumped by another team, having to trade up, and potentially getting into a bidding war for the right to do so.

I think there's a pretty good likelihood that the coaching staff would turn around and say that Dwayne Haskins is their guy. He's going to be a really good fit for the passing concepts Chad O'Shea is likely going to run, I don't know Jim Caldwell is going to advocate fully trusting in the tank thing, etc.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I don't think the Dolphins can out tank what Gruden is going to do next year. That's going to be an almost entirely rookie defense.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I don't think the Dolphins can out tank what Gruden is going to do next year. That's going to be an almost entirely rookie defense.

We're probably starting David Fales at QB

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ehud posted:

We're probably starting David Fales at QB

Derek Carr will be throwing to the corpse of Jordy Nelson anddddddd

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah, I think it's a dumbass idea. I think more likely than not they're going to waste a year for the privileged of trading up for Justin Herbert or some poo poo like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Derek Carr will be throwing to the corpse of Jordy Nelson anddddddd

AB