Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hello Everybody!

The NFL Combine will begin on Tuesday, February 26

The NFL Draft will begin 9pm on Thursday, April 25.

Ah yes, the NFL Draft. The modern day slave auction for Rich White Owners to profit using and abusing the bodies of stellar athletes for everyone's entertainment. The highs are high, literally drugs lmao, and the lows are low.

Who will have the star bubble butt and thick meaty thighs that can't be taught this year? Whose stock will rise thanks to the combine after displaying tremendous physical ability that translates to gently caress all in the NFL? What kinds of questions will be asked this year as in years past such as "Is your mother a prostitute?" Will the same dog whistles be used this year such as a white player having leadership skills and grit and a black player being a freak but with an attitude problem? Who is gonna be the weed dude this year? Who will have their hopes crushed by being drafted to the Factory of Sadness?

Thus begins a hilarious season when people who don't know jack poo poo start to predict entire careers and futures of teams calling themselves analysts and scouts...and they're paid money. Statistics of players performance and measurables are evaluated by people bad at their jobs and then projected into the future. Owners and Coaches hope to min-max their teams by selecting characters. And everyone pretends like the school they go to matter when no one gives a poo poo and it doesn't actually mean anything.

The top player currently projected based on some article I read 2 months ago, being the brother of a dead Ghost, DE Nick Bosa, is likely to go #1. This year I have also heard based on farts in the wind that DTs and Defense is pretty hype but skill players and other stuff kinda suck rear end. Will OT's be as valued as the Funhouse values it so?

I'm gonna hope Doltos is gonna show up cause he does an awesome job providing information.

LET'S GITT READY!

Resource: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019.php

Perhaps if you'd like, state your team of choice, their needs and their position in the draft, and how you think the picks are gonna go. Predict into the abyss!

Adding some mock drafts....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...dwayne-haskins/

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2019/

Gatts fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My favorite site for stat nerds who think the draft is like rolling d20's:

https://www.mockdraftable.com/

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The Saints have 3 or 4 picks due to the trades.

Will be ok with it since we will be drafting at the very end of each round.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Cleveland Football Browns at The Factory of Sadness

2019 marked an amazing turn. John Dorsey with some leeway somehow managed to foster a situation where Baker Mayfield and Denzel Ward were drafted...and their careers and souls weren't crushed on outset...and they're good. I pray and wish everyone well. Head Coach Hue Jackson and Offensive Coach Todd Haley are gone. We don't need a QB? Can we draft one anyway...what is this world where we don't draft a QB?

Gregg Williams has done a good job thus far and Offense Coach Freddie Kitchens has also done a good job getting Baker going. We still may find someone else to be a Head Coach. For the first time I can know, the Browns made an adjustment and did better in the second half than in the first. Baker has good mental make up and skill, Nick Chubb is an excellent RB, we lost Joe Thomas yet our Offensive Line is holding up, our Defense is pretty swank lead by Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward, the Browns have won 4 games....there is a glimmer of hope and it is a strange scary thing. We have something that resembles an offense between Baker, Nick Chubb, and Duke Johnson. Baker can throw to all WRs and he favors Njoku but our WRs and TEs aren't the most dominant hype.

Prediction: Browns Draft somewhere at 7 to 10

Picks: 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7

Needs: WR, OT, LB, S

The First Round: The Browns are set at QB and with this comes the need for protection and weapons. However this draft is really great in terms of Defense. If an exceptional DT falls to 7 - 10, we will pick Defense first such as Ed Oliver or Christian Wilkins. Otherwise to support Baker we will draft a playmaking WR, perhaps JJ Arcega-Whiteside Stanford, a 6'3 - 225 lb dude who is a supposed deep threat who can catch contested balls if some bullshit is to be believed. Perhaps even Marquise Brown who is related to Antonio Brown and is fast and played with Baker so that must mean a good thing. Outside that, a long term LT such as Jonah Williams from Alabama could be picked if available because it would support protecting Baker but open up for Nick Chubb and Duke Johnson.

The Second Round: If we pick a defensive player in the first, we will pick a WR or OT here. If we don't pick a Defensive player in the first round, we will in the second round. Likely a Pass Rusher or Tackle.

The Third Round: In the third round we may pick a Linebacker or someone in the Secondary to help shut things down.

Cue jokes about Baker cooking in the Kitchen, baking a win.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Looking for them meaty bubble butts and also the best de prospect available for the lord’s own Seattle Seahawks

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
bad year for qbs

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Lions needs:

Defensive End: With the trade for Snacks Harrison, the defensive interior has actually stiffened up an impressive amount and is even able to generate pressure sometimes! But there's still very little in the way of pass rush, and the Lions desperately need a defensive end—especially since Ziggy Ansah is likely gone after this year.

Offensive Line: The line is bad again this year, which is incredibly disappointing. Part of the problem has been T.J. Lang, who's great when he's on the field... but has increasingly not been on the field due to injury. It's pretty likely that he'll retire or get cut by this point, so the Lions could definitely use a replacement LG, or otherwise try and pick up some depth.

Secondary: Glover Quin is evaporating into dust as we speak and Slay is the only good CB in the backfield, the Teez Tabor gamble having blown up spectacularly. The Lions passing defense is just awful right now, and while part of that is on the complete lack of a pass rush (see above), the secondary could definitely use some additional talent.

Wide Receivers: god I miss Golden Tate. While it's still hypothetically possible that the Lions try and re-sign Tate after he hits free agency (thanks for the free draft pick, iggles), I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn targets a receiver in the draft.

Tight Ends: No other team in the league gets as little out of their tight ends as Detroit, and letting Ebron go while franchising Ziggy was probably a mistake. Lions could really use some talent here.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
My hot take is if a team beats the dogshit out of a team with the same record, they shouldn't get a higher draft pick.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs going to draft Greedy Williams. Unless they win the Super Bowl, then a right guard.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

wandler20 posted:

Bucs going to draft Greedy Williams.
i remember when they were going to draft derwin james

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm interested in a Kareem Hunt type player in the later rounds.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Still can't believe they didn't. Still mad about it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No Irish Need Imply posted:

he's good

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

He was the safest pick in the draft in my homer FSU opinion.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hopeing for #5 but expecting #8

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers need a DE, a DE, and a DE.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

I hear Vic Beasley will be available.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Cavauro posted:

hopeing for #5 but expecting #8
need an lb so bad

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Packers needs: Good coaches

Wait poo poo

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Current draft order!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

iospace posted:

Packers needs: Good coaches

Wait poo poo

You need a lot more than that

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Dolphins needs:

QB- The bottom has fallen out on Ryan Tannehill, he's missed 28 games over the past three seasons and injuries have robbed him of his already dubious status as being the "Mendoza line" at QB. It's possible the Dolphins owner mandates that they come up with some sort of solution for the situation this off-season, which is loving stupid to go into this draft with a mandate to get a solution at QB but you didn't get to be the Dolphins by not doing stuff like that.

TE- They drafted Mike Gesicki last year, but he's an absolute loving mess that is going to need a tremendous amount of developmental work before he's any good, and I don't think you can take it off the table in '19.

OL- The interior OL is a disaster, but that's the way Adam Gase likes it so if he's back I doubt they'll invest serious resources in the draft here. They also seem to hate RT Ja'Wuan James, and it seems unclear how they're going to replace him outside of the draft.

DL- This has got to be the favorite for their 1st round pick given the state of QB in the draft, but they are a good candidate for scheme change next year so edge vs. DT and the exact profile of the player is kind of up in the air. Same with LB, in a sense.

DB- They need another DB, but who the gently caress knows what position because Minkah Fitzpatrick has switched between primarily being a slot, boundary, and safety like four different times.

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 4, 2018

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Chargers need more ACLs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

aperion posted:

Chargers need more ACLs.

We need a DT, an ILB, and a OT.

So, same as last year

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

FizFashizzle posted:

Should be plenty available in the top 10

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

wandler20 posted:

I hear Vic Beasley will be available.

Whatever happened to Vic? Wasn't he pretty good for a bit there?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

zimbomonkey posted:

Whatever happened to Vic? Wasn't he pretty good for a bit there?

Smoke and mirrors one year going up against backup linemen.

Based on his td run last week, I recommend moving him to rb and moving on from Coleman tbh

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seahawks needs:

Free safety - Earl Thomas is almost certainly gone. Tedric Thompson isn't a great replacement. Seattle has been burned in the secondary this year so that really needs to be shored up.

DE - we still are paying for Malik McDowell loving up his head in that ATV accident. Frank Clark is great but is bound to be a free agent, so he could walk, and no one on the other side of him is getting sacks.

WR - Doug Baldwin is sadly slowing down, with health issues and being on the other side of 30. Lockett emerging as a fantastic WR2 has been a boon but I would love to see a new guy with fantastic physical tools here.

LB - Bobby Wagner owns, but outside of him the depth is shaky. KJ Wright has stayed injured and is near the end of his contract, Austin Calitro is... meh, Shaquem Griffin is great on ST but hasn't taken a step forward to show he can start every day. White collar crime man Mychal Kendricks has been a good pickup, though!

It also wouldn't surprise me if Seattle snagged a place kicker in the late rounds since Seabass is 41. It also feels good to say that the offensive line is not our biggest need anymore!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Atlanta needs:

Linemen

Both sides of the ball linemen

All 7 picks

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Colts needs:

WR- Andy Luck Needs Weapons TM. We have a TY Hilton, and then a bunch of guys generated by Madden who can't catch (2nd highest dropped pass rate) and can't get separation.
DB - Our CBs play bad zone and get owned even while double covering a receiver.
DE - Our pass rushing ace is Jabal Sheard who is a competent player, but not who you want anchoring the edge. This is admittedly a weird position because Eberflaus seems to depend on generating a pass rush through 4 man line stunts, so we may not want a typical Bradley Chubb esque prospect. Whether that is through necessity or preference I do not know.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

weird Asian candy posted:

Current draft order!

Thank you for the list.

How are the Browns 11? What is this? It is strange they are not top 5...I’m concerned. Middle is the most unsexy position of them all. We don’t suck enough to get top pick and select the best player and yet we don’t win enough to draft low and be happy.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eagles are a bad team yet only 20th so far

Huh

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I'm looking forward to the Texans having first and second round picks this year.

They need to strengthen the Offensive line, I think they could sort out depth but the Texans pick too low to bring in the best Tackles.
The Secondary could also do with some help.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
This website is a great resource for all things draft related.

https://thedraftnetwork.com

Many of the contributors have good podcasts related to the draft as well. Only downsides are the interminable ads you have to suffer through on the Locked On Network.

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?
I found this Draft Database someone posted here last year in the Draft thread:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit#gid=0

I am wondering if anyone knows who created this, or knows if there is something similar being made for 2019's draft class?

This was really useful and helpful for me to figure out who everyone is prior to this season starting. Lots of stats/info and videos if you dig around a bit.

Thanks!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Sad King Billy posted:

This website is a great resource for all things draft related.

https://thedraftnetwork.com

Many of the contributors have good podcasts related to the draft as well. Only downsides are the interminable ads you have to suffer through on the Locked On Network.

Bucs beat writer Trevor Sikkema writes for them and he's cool and good.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Bucs beat writer Trevor Sikkema writes for them and he's cool and good.

He's on the Locked On Draft podcast, he and John Ledyard make a good team.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

weird Asian candy posted:

Current draft order!

Lions have lost to both the Jets and 49ers and have yet to play the Cardinals.

There's a nonzero chance we could end up with a top three pick

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Lions have lost to both the Jets and 49ers and have yet to play the Cardinals.

There's a nonzero chance we could end up with a top three pick

It isn't based on head to head tiebreakers if that's what you mean. Instead it's opponent win/loss record

Draft Order:

quote:

-Determination of Draft order for the 32 NFL teams is based on the record and playoff finish by each team in that year.
-For the teams that did not make the playoffs, order is determined by overall season record, with the worst record picking first.
-For the teams that made the playoffs, the rest of the picks are ordered by playoff record, with the teams that lose getting lower picks based on which round they were ousted and the Super Bowl winner getting the last pick.
-For the playoff teams that got eliminated in the same round, their order is determined by regular season record.
-Overall ties are then broken by strength of schedule, which is a calculation of the combined record of all of a team\'s opponents in that year, with divisional opponents counting twice.
-The next tie breaker would be record against conference opponents and then divisional opponents.
-Coin flip will occur if tie still exists
-After the first round, the order is determined by revolving the teams with the same records, with the team that just picked first of the group picking last in the next round.
-If there is an expansion team, that team will pick first, and if there are two expansion teams, they will flip a coin with one team getting the first pick in the draft and the other in the expansion draft of current players.

Play fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Jets have their remaining games against the Bills (away), Texans (home), Packers (home), and Patriots (away). I think the likely outcome of that stretch is 1-3, meaning they'll finish at 4-12, and likely have the 3rd or 4th pick.

Jets should only be drafting edge rushers, offensive lineman, and receivers during this draft. I wouldn't be shocked if they decided to trade down to recoup a 2nd rounder (especially if the QB needy teams end up clustered behind them).

If they stick at 3-4, I would hope that Jonah Williams (OT) or Clelin Farrell (OLB/DE) would be the pick (assuming they don't stumble into Nick Bosa).

If they trade down, would consider someone like D.K. Metcalf.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 4, 2018