Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Want to gush a little bit about my von Habsburg game, in particular this Duchess of 9 boys, Ingeltrude:

Her father was Liutbert, Duke of Transjuriana and made incapable after a battle at age 22. Before he was made incapable, all he had was this daughter, so I made sure to get her matri-betrothed ASAP to a Rurikid prince named Ingvar. After Liutbert was struck but still alive, his wife had a boy named Amadeus...who died a sickly infant. What could have been, but I'm glad things worked out this way anyway.

The first 5 boys were all Ingvar's, but the first-born was a dull ugly idiot so I switched to Ultimogeniture. Ingvar died while the Duchess was pregnant with his fifth son, so I named him after him.

I proceeded to sleep around with various dukes and counts in the hopes of inheriting their poo poo. It worked miraculously with one of the counts in the Austrian duchy, my 6th boy, who I proceeded to marry to the heiress of the county of Wien. So now I've got another branch of the family going in that region in addition to Bohemia, Burgundy, and the homelands. (There are also Habsburg counts in Crusader Anatolia and Egypt, Valencia, and Sardinia.)

I had also been sleeping around with the Kaiser. I killed his wife, and in my excitement forgot to try to matri-marry him (doubt it would've worked anyway). We had a son, the Duchess' 7th, and shortly afterward the Kaiser committed suicide. I guess it was for the best.

So now I realize I just screwed myself out of continuing the game even though I had so many other family members on different thrones. The Duchess was around 41 at this time. I got her matri-married to another Rurikid named Davyd. A couple years pass...still no child. Around age 43 or 44 I open up the console for the first time ever playing this game to toy with the notion of killing him. I opened the charinfo tooltip to get his ID number. I happened to hover over Ingeltrude herself, where I saw she had 85% fertility. That's when I decided to not commit this mortal sin and just keep on trying. Shortly afterward she has a son, and the dynasty is saved. And then a year later she has another son, 9 total by 4 men, 3 of whom she was married to.

Davyd died not long after the second son was born, so I matri-married Ingeltrude again to a young guy just to see what would happen. Unfortunately she died of pneumonia before they could have any. (Also the kid I had with the Kaiser died childless and unmarried at age 36 lol)

I've got a big problem now though. It's 1282 and I'm emperor of the HRE (ruling from Transjuriana homelands), and one of Ingeltrude's grandsons is King of Germany, Bavaria, and Burgundy (the ugly firstborn was given a fief in Germany when he was young and lived to be 65). He's also managed to switch all their succession laws to primogeniture. Which is fine, because I really want him to inherit the empire and switch it to primo too. He's only 40 years old and should have the time to do it.

But he's severely wounded, and died about a year and a half or so after I manually saved. I reloaded and he died even sooner. His tooltip:

On top of that my own character just won't die. He was 69 when the triple king died the first time. And his competitor for the empire is some removed duke who isn't in my dynasty, so it's really precarious.

Is there anything I can do to save the Triple King? If he dies all the titles goes to his firstborn son which is fine, but he definitely won't be voted for. Should I take the tyranny hit and just imprison and strip the competitor? Or else could I get a rundown of the best way to influence votes? I already switched away from papal investiture.

Alternatively I could switch the empire law to primo before death, but that would lock out the Triple King's immediate family from ever inheriting unless I do incest. What should I do?

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Is there anything I can do to save the Triple King? If he dies all the titles goes to his firstborn son which is fine, but he definitely won't be voted for. Should I take the tyranny hit and just imprison and strip the competitor? Or else could I get a rundown of the best way to influence votes? I already switched away from papal investiture.

Alternatively I could switch the empire law to primo before death, but that would lock out the Triple King's immediate family from ever inheriting unless I do incest. What should I do?

I'd just take the hit, personally - often it's the defeats (followed by scheming your way back up) that are the most enjoyable parts of the game! It sounds like you're in a very strong position anyway, so I'm sure the firstborn could plot his way back to have the empire title, later on

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

On top of that my own character just won't die. He was 69 when the triple king died the first time.

Just the right age for a bit of tyrannizing!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I started a game to try to form Switzerland with an aim to later adopt a heresy to conquer down through Italy to topple the pope. Swabia seemed the best duchy to start with, so I had a kid so I didn't have to deal with my brothers inheriting my realm, conquered one county, then I died. To make things worse, my liege decided to create and give away the duchy of Thurgau, splitting my realm in two without my sayso.

Whelp, had to wait a decade and a half to grow up, but at least I had a good chancellor to farm up a bunch of claims in the meantime. I even managed to set up a council that liked me enough to start pressing claims before I came of age, and I conquered Thurgau. I was ready to switch to primogeniture in a year, had a claim on the whole duchy of Transjurania ready to press after I sorted out my realm's laws, popped a genius daughter out of my genius wife, and dead at 20. 16 more years of regency.

What's worst is all that money and prestige I spent on claims is all down the toilet. I can't even backpack to the holy land for some crusade payoff because the drat emperor keeps establishing antipopes.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Okay, this whole crusade for the two counties of muslim-owned Thrace thing has got to stop. What's the point of bringing half of Europe to crush Rum if you're going to leave it with all of Anatolia? The muslim world is pretty fractured in this start, I thought that I could spread the dynasty, but now I just abandoned a nephew to be a two-county king. What a waste.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

SlothfulCobra posted:

Okay, this whole crusade for the two counties of muslim-owned Thrace thing has got to stop. What's the point of bringing half of Europe to crush Rum if you're going to leave it with all of Anatolia? The muslim world is pretty fractured in this start, I thought that I could spread the dynasty, but now I just abandoned a nephew to be a two-county king. What a waste.

Yeah it's kind of a weakness of the way that the AI decides crusade targets - all it sees is a list of potential kingdoms and has them in a rough order of priority. So like, if Thrace is fully Christian owned, THEN the Pope might decide to crusade for Anatolia, but if Thrace has even one county that's owned by a muslim then they'll consider it a higher priority crusade target.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Paradox has better-than-usual (-75%) sale
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/search?q=crusader%20kings&sz=18&start=0

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Cheers, I picked up some more DLC. Even Holy Fury is 33% off, which is highly tempting to get but I'm hoping it can be the same price during the Summer sales. That way I can use it to keep trickling additional content into the game as I play it.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

The previous talk about republics got me started on a Venice run. I'm having a ball playing my Doges in two stages. The first half of their life I get them into the Hermetics, or the satanists if they're somehow too stupid. I rise all the way to the top of either organization and turbomurder the other patricians to ensure my heir will become the next Doge. Also write a magnum opus. If he's satanic I invite to court/vassalize everybody I possibly can because no Satanist can say no to the high priest. Plus with like 50 devil-worshipping sycophants suddenly flooding your court you can really murder some folks.

Once that's done and the election is pretty much in the bag, I drop the ruler out of that society, switch them to theology focus, and join the Dominicans. It's hilarious. Bad traits start dropping off and get replaced by good ones, and the clergy start to get real friendly. And if everything goes well your megadickhead-turned-repentant ruler ends up a saint after he's dead. You might even get the Pope to give you money or some sweet claims.

It's been working well. My rulers have all had high stats from this strategy and I'm already starting to take a good chunk of territory around the Adriatic and it's not even 900 yet. Also somehow Catholicism's MA is below 20% and Cathars and Lollards run amok so I'm quickly becoming the bulwark of the faith in the world. If this keeps up it won't be long before I have a buncha Cardinals who'll become Popes because France and the Lombards are full of loving heretics.

Oh and plus the republic firehose of money is really starting to get going so before long I'll also be able to abuse the heretics to take their land without consequence.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 14, 2019

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I've discovered that achievements can be nice, but this game is way more fun if you go classic and are willing to cheat when CK2 becomes tedious or stupidly unfair. It's also nice to have a couple of saves going so when one is boring you can switch to the other. I'm making a lot of progress towards 1444 in my two saves and I'm excited to export to EU4!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Alikchi posted:

I've discovered that achievements can be nice, but this game is way more fun if you go classic and are willing to cheat when CK2 becomes tedious or stupidly unfair. It's also nice to have a couple of saves going so when one is boring you can switch to the other. I'm making a lot of progress towards 1444 in my two saves and I'm excited to export to EU4!

Yeah I always have multiple saves. Right now I've got Venice, Asturias-turned-Hispania to play with reconquista mechanics, and an Africa run. All Ironman though. I don't care about achievements that much. I just like Ironman because when I first started playing being able to reload was great to learn but now I enjoy having to try to anticipate poo poo or worst case cope with disaster.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Honky Dong Country posted:

Oh and plus the republic firehose of money is really starting to get going so before long I'll also be able to abuse the heretics to take their land without consequence.

How do you abuse the heretics? Its the only society available to zoroastrians besides satanists and so I usually join if I can, but so far I found it kinda underwelming

Alikchi posted:

Thats how I play to. Ironman has its charm, it makes every decision count, it makes everything so tense. But its too stressful to me, sincerly. And I love to be able to cheat a bit when I want. CK2 is a sandbox game to me

edit: that also why I love all the rule options we have nowdays so I can set the game how I like and I dont have to endure poo poo I hate (like coalitions)

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 14, 2019

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Elias_Maluco posted:

How do you abuse the heretics? Its the only society available to zoroastrians besides satanists and so I usually join if I can, but so far I found it kinda underwelming

I was talking about Catholic heretics, not a society. Sorry.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

I was talking about Catholic heretics, not a society. Sorry.

Oh, Ive somehow read it like "hermetics", sorry

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Elias_Maluco posted:

Oh, Ive somehow read it like "hermetics", sorry

Well now that I know what you were reading, how are the Hermetics underwhelming? They provide a lot of really good bonuses, especially when you build up a good treasury of inventions and magnum opuses. The ability to cure stressed and depressed at will is real good too, and you can use the apprentice minor title to make sure your heir gets a head start too. The cure potion is really good and allows you to give a lot of your kids the diligent trait for free (that event where you can give them ambitious but make them a rival, or give them diligent in exchange for stressed, or patient in exchange for that lovely Out of Patience malus). You can give them all diligent and then immediately cure stressed.

Hermetics own.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Well now that I know what you were reading, how are the Hermetics underwhelming? They provide a lot of really good bonuses, especially when you build up a good treasury of inventions and magnum opuses. The ability to cure stressed and depressed at will is real good too, and you can use the apprentice minor title to make sure your heir gets a head start too. The cure potion is really good and allows you to give a lot of your kids the diligent trait for free (that event where you can give them ambitious but make them a rival, or give them diligent in exchange for stressed, or patient in exchange for that lovely Out of Patience malus). You can give them all diligent and then immediately cure stressed.

Hermetics own.

Well, compared to the satanics they are

But I really haven't explored some of the options you listed, Ill look more carefully into them

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I'd like some help with a scenario that I can't figure out.

I am the Duke of a duchy I need to form the Grand Duchy of Swabia. The duchy has two counties, one of them is owned by me, the other is my vassal.

Before I got enough prestige to enact the decision, the Holy Roman Emperor died and I was elected to take his place. Now my vassals are upset at me because I own so many duchies. My only choice is to take the nasty opinion penalty, or destroy the duchy title. My question is, if I destroy the duchy title, and then die, my heir not being elected the HRE, what happens to the county in that duchy owned by that count I mentioned? Does he become my vassal, or is he a vassal directly under the new emperor?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Elias_Maluco posted:

Well, compared to the satanics they are

But I really haven't explored some of the options you listed, Ill look more carefully into them

The Hermetics are boring but insanely strong. Satanists are fun but not insanely strong, although they usually manage the "insane" bit.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Jedit posted:

The Hermetics are boring but insanely strong. Satanists are fun but not insanely strong, although they usually manage the "insane" bit.

I dunno, the satanists have powers to cure any disease, make vassals 100% loyal, kill people with diseases, make you almost immortal, to name a few, plus a ton of events that give you strong bonuses

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

If pagan Still think warrior lodges are what's up if you can be in one. The ability to eventually rival and kill a char in a duel is loving awesome and you wont die randomly on the battlefield.

In my current Africa run through being able to duel and murder the gently caress out of various muslim empire's Caliphs is one of the ways I kept the Muslim blobs unstable at the beginning of the game to stop them from murder loving me. Half the game was me taunting and destabilizing the Muslim Empires until black death came through and depopulated the whole world except Africa (which was frankly amazing it never crossed from Gibraltar and never went into eygpt). The new child Abbasid Caliph which was installed after I duel murdered the previous caliph could not handle a great holy war for Arabia. The Abbasid levies went from like 40-50k down to like 17k.

Also in that game my dynasty has many hundreds of decendents. Farming Elective Eldership heirs is a game in all of itself. Many of them are being constantly married to each other. I have not quite figured out how there are so few with the inbred trait.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

drat using the lodges to own Islam is pretty clever.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Node posted:

I'd like some help with a scenario that I can't figure out.

I am the Duke of a duchy I need to form the Grand Duchy of Swabia. The duchy has two counties, one of them is owned by me, the other is my vassal.

Before I got enough prestige to enact the decision, the Holy Roman Emperor died and I was elected to take his place. Now my vassals are upset at me because I own so many duchies. My only choice is to take the nasty opinion penalty, or destroy the duchy title. My question is, if I destroy the duchy title, and then die, my heir not being elected the HRE, what happens to the county in that duchy owned by that count I mentioned? Does he become my vassal, or is he a vassal directly under the new emperor?

Right now that count has immediacy with the emperor since you are both the duke and emperor of that area. So if you're the emperor, and you destroy that duchy, that count will still be your vassal now, but if you die and don't win the election and destroy that duchy beforehand, that count won't be your vassal anymore and will instead have immediacy with the new emperor. If you die, don't win the election, and instead keep the duchy, he should still remain your vassal.

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 14, 2019

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Today I learned that the "Help we with Titles" decision is a FALSE LIAR when you are a Merchant Republic. I clicked the button and nothing seemed to happen; I was still just as badly over my demesne limit as before. And then I worked out that it had given all my cities to people and left the big stuff alone. This is the opposite of what you want, since MRs get to hold cities directly for free but getting your hands on a city inside your domain is pretty tricky (you need to excommunicate the burgher mayor, and then imprison him and hope he rebels).

Luckily I'm not playing Iron Man.

Being Possessed is a much less exciting malus than I expected. Just had a long run with a possessed ruler and nothing of note happened except for an option during the sway event chain of promising people I wouldn't eat their soul come judgement. One person was insulted, but one lady was touched by the sentiment.

Being a lunatic — on the other hand — is wonderful.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

doingitwrong posted:

"Help we with Titles" decision
Never touch this on any character ever.

Well maybe the only potential thing it could ever be useful for is I think it bypasses conclave council permissions (e.g. during regency). But even then it'll likely screw you more than just dealing with oversized.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

If you're your liege's chancellor though, offer to help your lord every chance you get and give all kinds of land to yourself. It's pretty rare but I've done it a couple times.

doingitwrong posted:

Being Possessed is a much less exciting malus than I expected. Just had a long run with a possessed ruler and nothing of note happened except for an option during the sway event chain of promising people I wouldn't eat their soul come judgement. One person was insulted, but one lady was touched by the sentiment.

Become a cannibal through seclusion during an epidemic. Use intrigue focus to supplement your murder plots against patricians with spying on them. This will often fire events giving you reason to arrest the target.

Bon appetit!

I almost never do the cannibal thing because on its own it's useless. But if you're lunatic/possessed, you can devour prisoners. If my dude is already a monster and has lunatic/possessed already I'll sometimes do it. If you get real lucky you'll get some the your meals' traits! I once ate a shieldmaiden taken captive while repelling raiders and got like four good traits from her.

E: it should be said though that cannibal comes with a pretty hefty malus to general opinion (except other cannibals, which are rare among the ai, who think you're cool). That's why I only it with an already monstrous character that everybody already hates.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 15, 2019

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Right now that count has immediacy with the emperor since you are both the duke and emperor of that area. So if you're the emperor, and you destroy that duchy, that count will still be your vassal now, but if you die and don't win the election and destroy that duchy beforehand, that count won't be your vassal anymore and will instead have immediacy with the new emperor. If you die, don't win the election, and instead keep the duchy, he should still remain your vassal.

Thank you. I guess I'll just keep the duchies and have all my vassals hate me, so that my heir can form the Grand Duchy of Swabia decision.

What does that decision even do, anyway? Probably nothing important.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Node posted:

Thank you. I guess I'll just keep the duchies and have all my vassals hate me, so that my heir can form the Grand Duchy of Swabia decision.

What does that decision even do, anyway? Probably nothing important.

Pretty sure it turns all the land in question into a new king-level title.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

doingitwrong posted:

I'm trying to get my possessed cousin on the throne at the moment. And my current ruler can't stop loving her. And I mean really can't stop. She's had four kids so far and convinced her idiot husband that they're his and she's pregnant again... two days after she gave birth.

Frankly, at this point I don't even care if I succeed. This is just getting absurd.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

I'm trying to get my possessed cousin on the throne at the moment. And my current ruler can't stop loving her. And I mean really can't stop. She's had four kids so far and convinced her idiot husband that they're his and she's pregnant again... two days after she gave birth.

Frankly, at this point I don't even care if I succeed. This is just getting absurd.

I had to deal with a Patrician called Something or Other "The Lewd." Dude would not keep his hands off my kinswomen. Young, old, he did not care. Because I have high intrigue, the event where you come across them In Flagrante kept firing, over and over, as he made his way through my family. Also, he kept plotting to take my trade posts.

Eventually, spying on him let me 1) introduce him to a courtesan with Great Pox and then 2) discover he had terrible sexual proclivities which I could expose and arrest him for.

I recognize that he is just a script with no feelings or sentience, but it was with grim satisfaction that I had him infected and arrested. I made his syphilitic rear end watch helplessly from jail while my court of high intrigue women wiped out his entire bloodline.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I just got the event about berrating a courtier for one of their sinful traits (I think this keeps happening because I'm using the theology focus a lot?) except this time it was my wife about her gluttony. The only options were to either ignore it or literally call her a fat pig and tell her to put down the fork. So I did what I had to and she immediately was like whoah drat I'm getting outta control time to start dieting.

It actually made me feel bad. Like drat, she a good wife and I want her to have good traits sorry the game made me call you a fat pig. :(

Crusader Kings 2: Calling my wife fat to own the Devil.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 15, 2019

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

doingitwrong posted:

I had to deal with a Patrician called Something or Other "The Lewd." Dude would not keep his hands off my kinswomen. Young, old, he did not care. Because I have high intrigue, the event where you come across them In Flagrante kept firing, over and over, as he made his way through my family. Also, he kept plotting to take my trade posts.

Eventually, spying on him let me 1) introduce him to a courtesan with Great Pox and then 2) discover he had terrible sexual proclivities which I could expose and arrest him for.

I recognize that he is just a script with no feelings or sentience, but it was with grim satisfaction that I had him infected and arrested. I made his syphilitic rear end watch helplessly from jail while my court of high intrigue women wiped out his entire bloodline.

There's a bishop from a neighboring county with the nickname "the Seducer" who has had bastards with pretty much every woman in my court. Including a cousin who is "of the Aztec Empire" with no Aztecs anywhere...

At least until they landed at Aquitaine in the middle of a crusade for Aquitaine.

Edit: And the Aztecs immediately made a beeline to my dutchy and installed the cousin as the ruler days after I transferred my holdings to my crusader kingdom... with no soldiers and someone demanding I turn it over to them immediately.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 15, 2019

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
New Dev Diary. They’re adding Wonders of the World to the game. You can take generations to build a Cathedral. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-112-wonderful-news.1152921/

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Can't wait to pillage all the wonders

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
After owning this dumb game for years but never doing much to figure it out, I sat down the last couple nights and put in about 6 hours or so on an Irish petty king with a 1066 start like one of the tutorial LPs does.

Thus far, my initial ruler managed to claim several counties before dying in combat at the age of like 56. His eldest son is now doing all right but I've realized that if his half-brother manages to marry and have kids, I will no longer have succession rights to that county. So I'm plotting to murder him before he's old enough so it'll go to me.

I also found out that my wife was cheating on me with my cousin and also that she's gotten super fat from Gluttony. Unfortunately, I don't have enough piety to request a divorce (I spent it all imprisoning and executing people who started revolts). And since I'm trying to kill my stupid half-brother, I can't start a plot to kill her.

I...have no idea if I'm doing anything right but it's probably the most sense this game has ever made and I'd like to formally blame Honky Dong Country for making me give it a shot

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Skypie posted:

I...have no idea if I'm doing anything right

Well, let's see:

Skypie posted:

So I'm plotting to murder him before he's old enough so it'll go to me.

[...]

And since I'm trying to kill my stupid half-brother, I can't start a plot to kill her.

You're off to a great start!

As for your wife, think like Henry VIII here. Nobody will mind if you imprison someone who has "acted dishonorably towards you." Throw her in jail, and then either execute her if nobody would care, or toss her in the oubliette.

Edit: there's more than one way to skin your wife

Goon Danton fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 15, 2019

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Goon Danton posted:

Well, let's see:

You're off to a great start!

As for your wife, think like Henry VIII here. Nobody will mind if you imprison someone who has "acted dishonorably towards you." Throw her in jail, and then either execute her if nobody would care, or toss her in the oubliette.

I'll have to check again when I get home but I think the game warned me I'd get a huge negative response and be seen as a tyrant since I've imprisoned conspirators prior to this. Or at least I did on the first king, maybe I won't have that worry with the son being in charge now

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Your council probably has the right to vote on imprisonment, and voted against you last time. Buy them off or replace them with loyal toadies who'll back whatever you do.

Unrelated, but what's the best way to smooth the transition from tribal to feudalism? I'm currently the fylkir of Scandinavia with a solidly big retinue, but my vassals are my various dipshit brothers who gavelkinded their way into being the kings of Norway and Denmark and such, and I'm worried about handling factions while my levies are small.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

doingitwrong posted:

New Dev Diary. They’re adding Wonders of the World to the game. You can take generations to build a Cathedral. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-112-wonderful-news.1152921/

I've wanted this for so long. I wrote about it several times in the various CK2 threads, I'm super happy that they are still developing more content for CK2, and that this specific feature will get added to the game :)

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Goon Danton posted:

Your council probably has the right to vote on imprisonment, and voted against you last time. Buy them off or replace them with loyal toadies who'll back whatever you do.

Unrelated, but what's the best way to smooth the transition from tribal to feudalism? I'm currently the fylkir of Scandinavia with a solidly big retinue, but my vassals are my various dipshit brothers who gavelkinded their way into being the kings of Norway and Denmark and such, and I'm worried about handling factions while my levies are small.

If your retinue is solidly big you should probably be able to handle the transition.

you can manage your King vassals relations to make it so they are less likely to attack you. Keep their opinion of you high and you generally wont have a problem. Give them gifts, sway them, build up their demesne, give them minor titles, use your Councillor to improve relations etc. Additionally, if you can tutor one of their kids i believe this creates an automatic non-aggression pact while you are the kids mentor and most pagans have a spare kid somewhere.

you could also attempt to revoke a title that you know wont fly and when they rebel imprison them. Or you could kill them straight up if the heir likes you better or the gavalkind system would destabilize their strength to the point where it wont be a threat to you.

You have a world of options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

doingitwrong posted:

That post is from 2017 ?