Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Unfortunately there will be very few unique enemy types in the FF7 remake.

Honestly for the first episode you're basically looking at Shinra Soldiers, Hell House and a new optional superboss that's just a palette swap called Doom House.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

They should at least change some of the wall market dialogue

agreed aeris wouldn't suggest that she's gonna crush Them she would just say "don if you don't tell me i'm gonna obliterate your nuts"

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

nice

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
still gonna buy the ff7 remake day 1

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i find it funny to remember them saying one of the reasons for announcing FFVIIr was to help increase sales for the PS4 and that it's probably never going to release on it, and even then it'll probably be multiplatform because it would be stupid not to, and also if that was an actual reason then it's just megaman legends 3 again where people bought a 3DS to play it and it never came

that and the farthest thing shown for the game has been airbuster, the second boss that you beat in like 2 minutes and is maybe an hour into the game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

CrRoMa posted:

still gonna buy the ff7 remake day 1

I mean yeah

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Wall Market better be flashier and gayer

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah I imagine they might slightly alter the sex dungeon scenes.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
now that kh3 exists, square can focus all their energies on the remake of ff7...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it's never going to be done because of the two people in charge of it, one has gone completely loopy in his old age and the other could not be more transparent about the fact that he'd rather be working on something else

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I do think that 3D World is one of the most underrated Mario games, in that it really is up there as one of the best overall games in the franchise. People wax on about World, 64, the Galaxies, Odyssey, etc. and I think do so with justification, but if someone told me they preferred 3D World above them all I would not bat an eye, that game is phenomenal. I guess because it was arguably not that different from 3D Land there was not much "new" about it in the grand scheme of things but gosh darn it, it feels so good to play, the levels are outstanding, and Champion's Road might be one of the most challenging (yet rewarding) official Mario levels I've ever played.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The list of best 3D platformers is basically just a list of 3D Marios. I really liked Rayman 2 though.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the wii u had 3d world and tropical freeze.... tht's some good gaming

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
The Wii U is good

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Its a shame that Bohemian Rhapsody couldn't come out earlier so they could do a Wii U Rock You tie in.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You mean there wasn't a Queen - Smash tie-in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3aZSpGwDJ4

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been playing Aliens: Colonial Marines with the overhaul mod for no good reason, and uh, it's bad

I'll probably finish it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i wanna use cheat engine/cheat happens/wemod on the shittier games in my backlog but i wanna make sure steam is closed and the games are drm-free first because i'm paranoid about that sort of thing

not that i play multiplayer games anyway but now there are so many games that are online despite being solo. thanks gaaaaas

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I paid the $40/year to CheatHappens and I haven't had any issue with trainers from there in any of the games I've been playing with it, Nioh and Surge included

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

I paid the $40/year to CheatHappens and I haven't had any issue with trainers from there in any of the games I've been playing with it, Nioh and Surge included

Lol

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

activision blizzard just started an announcement with the news that they broke their record for profits in 2018 and then immediately followed it with firing 800 people lol

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Hurrah for Capitalism!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gotta get through my backlog somehow

Cowcaster posted:

activision blizzard just started an announcement with the news that they broke their record for profits in 2018 and then immediately followed it with firing 800 people lol

disposable labor lol

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Sounds like they aren't firing many actual game devs, and are just scaling down how much they focus on E-Sports.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

Jim Sterling made a video directly blaming capitalism for the state of AAA games and it's going down about as well as you would expect.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Jim Sterling made a video directly blaming capitalism for the state of AAA games and it's going down about as well as you would expect.

Mind blowing revelation.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Unity's going public i think, so I give that engine 5 years before it's either completely useless or they get bought out and dissolved into Epic

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does anyone uses that game engine thing Amazon made

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It occurs to me that maybe having objectively successful or renowned people with high level positions talk about their imposter syndrome might be counterproductive, TED (yeah I know, TED talk dumb so what). That's basically predicated on the person affected already having at least somewhat similar success. What about regular rear end people working regular rear end jobs who might have the same feeling but don't have the same successes? Like I get what they're going for, but you can also twist it as if you haven't done those same things then actually you are an imposter and the fraud detection alarm is moments from going off.

Why yes I am bored at work today.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

i think it's a store

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Help Im Alive posted:

One major in-development title that you've probably heard of Star Citizen

al-azad
May 28, 2009

"We made infinity + 1 dollars but we promised infinity + 2. We either fire one upper manager or 800 people who actually run this poo poo and guess which decision we made lol"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Star Citizen and that announced MMO about colonizing the New World

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Cowcaster posted:

https://twitter.com/DomsPlaying/status/1095441878500159488

I'm not sure which thread in the Blizzard subforum to post this in so enjoy this rage-inducing tweet here.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

:capitalism:

Already planning for next year's profits!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The consistent theme is not just mass layoffs but doing so in the most psychologically damaging ways possible
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1095374774728048640?s=19

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I knew i shouldn't have played hero's of the storm last night

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Every article about Bobby Kotick was about how he wouldn't even meet with Will Wright when he was pitching The Sims, how everyone else in ActiVision had to convince him that Guitar Hero was worthwhile, how he was against Call of Duty moving out of World War 2 and onto consoles, etc

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Every article about Bobby Kotick was about how he wouldn't even meet with Will Wright when he was pitching The Sims, how everyone else in ActiVision had to convince him that Guitar Hero was worthwhile, how he was against Call of Duty moving out of World War 2 and onto consoles, etc

He's also a lizard coated in the flesh of man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Layoffs are completely alien to me. I just don't understand how you can call someone at the end of the day saying not to come into work tomorrow. How is that poo poo not illegal? If it's a requirement that you have to give someone 30-60 days notice before an eviction, the same requirement should be in place for layoffs.

e: So the WARN act does require 60 days prior to layoffs but it's only for "massive layoffs" which is defined as an absurdly high 33% minimum. It should be federally mandated two weeks minimum and I would vote for anyone running on that platform.