Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The AAF Iron is affiliated with the Browns, Bill's, Patriots and Steelers, not the Raiders. Each AAF team has 4 NFL affiliates a piece

but they the same color. i dont think you understand, that's the most important thing. they are the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Play posted:

but they the same color. i dont think you understand, that's the most important thing. they are the same

Racist rear end white people :argh:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Texans cut Demaryius Thomas apparently. Not particularly surprising I guess with the blown achilles and all.

He's only two years removed from a thousand yard season but this really feels like it might be the end of his career.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/JeffAllen71/status/1095335525303574530

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

waah posted:

Oh and Mark Chumura's statutory rape charge that probably only passes scrutiny because it happened before the internet got huge in the late 00's.

The only part of that story that's amusing is that Chumura is still sore from Favre dropping him out like a hot potato after the fact.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

kiimo posted:

Isn't Mobile like the most diverse city in Alabama, too?

No. You have to pick what you mean by city, but Tuskegee is 95% black (only 9000 people) and Birmingham is 71%, with Mobile only 60%.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grittybeard posted:

The Texans cut Demaryius Thomas apparently. Not particularly surprising I guess with the blown achilles and all.

He's only two years removed from a thousand yard season but this really feels like it might be the end of his career.

He'll be in NE in August.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He'll be in NE in August.

I hope not, he’ll be on PUP until week 6 or whatever that deadline is.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ulmont posted:

No. You have to pick what you mean by city, but Tuskegee is 95% black (only 9000 people) and Birmingham is 71%, with Mobile only 60%.

All black isn't really the same as "diverse".

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--careful before I perform a haka at you as a very white rugby player

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I hope not, he’ll be on PUP until week 6 or whatever that deadline is.

Probably wouldn't hurt you much if he was since it's not like he'd be taking up roster space until he was practicing/playing, but yeah this is the problem. I don't know that he'll be ready to play until the middle of his age 32 season, and he's coming off his worst year since his second year in the league before he even had the injury.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Most receivers who come to the Pats bust so I don’t have high hopes for someone who won’t even be there for training camp.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Most receivers who come to the Pats bust so I don’t have high hopes for someone who won’t even be there for training camp.

he's also won a super bowl before so he won't fall for bill's patented "i'll offer you half the salary that you could get elsewhere but you'll actually have a chance to go to the super bowl" take-it-or-leave-it offers so he won't come at a huge discount

Nov 6, 2002

He's not going to have big offers.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Thomas probably won't be ready until the middle of the season

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Pats should just get Golden Tate. He’d be perfect.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ulmont posted:

I do not mean "black" I mean diverse. Like...I'm just going off memory here so forgive me because I'm not sourcing this at all but I seem to remember that Mobile is older than the US and like New Orleans has a huge mix of different languages and peoples. I've never been there but I remember reading something about that.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Chichevache posted:

All black isn't really the same as "diverse".

The "not white, not black" percentage of Alabama is only 7.6%, so in Alabama you're just sliding a scale from white to black or black to white.

kiimo posted:

I do not mean "black" I mean diverse. Like...I'm just going off memory here so forgive me because I'm not sourcing this at all but I seem to remember that Mobile is older than the US and like New Orleans has a huge mix of different languages and peoples. I've never been there but I remember reading something about that.

Older than the US is right. Mobile is 50.4% black, 43.5% white, and 6.1% everyone else, so not really on that front. For that matter, New Orleans is 59.8% black, 34.1% white, and 6.1% everyone else...

EDIT 2: Mobile does claim to have the oldest Mardi Gras in the US, but theirs kinda sucks by comparison to New Orleans.

ulmont fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 12, 2019

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Brown liked this tweet: https://twitter.com/AB84/likes

https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1095425768992243719

:thunk:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Brown should come to LA and play with Philip Rivers imo

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Too bad for Brown that he has no say in where he goes. In fact the Steelers might send him to the worst place possible just to spite him.

Hope you enjoy playing in Phoenix AB.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Too bad for Brown that he has no say in where he goes. In fact the Steelers might send him to the worst place possible just to spite him.

They'll send him to whoever offers the best package.

Oakland has three first round picks.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Brown for Fitzgerald, do it you won't

Nov 6, 2002

a neat cape posted:

They'll send him to whoever offers the best package.

Oakland has three first round picks.

A 30 year old receiver is not what you build a franchise around.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Raiders are stupid.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

AB and David Johnson in a Kliff Kingsbury offense after they draft Kyler Murray?

Sounds dangerous, actually.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Agreed.

However, Jon Gruden.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Agreed.

However, Jon Gruden.

To be fair the only time Gruden successfully built a team he did it with 35+ year old quarterbacks and star receivers.

Hell in the Raiders Super Bowl year (after he left but still basically the team he built) even the top 3 running backs were 30.

e: Woodson, Janikowski and Lechler were like the only important young guys on his 2001 team. Them and the D Line I guess.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 13, 2019

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The AAF Iron is affiliated with the Browns, Bill's, Patriots and Steelers, not the Raiders. Each AAF team has 4 NFL affiliates a piece

How did they decide which NFL teams would affiliate with which AAF team?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

The Little Kielbasa posted:

How did they decide which NFL teams would affiliate with which AAF team?

Mostly by location. The teams are all based in the south so some of them are a bit strange.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Could do a lot worse if you're in contention for a couple years though. He's still arguably the best receiver in the league and without doubt top ten.

As a fan of stupidity put him on the chiefs offense and lol all year as you put up 60 points every game until you lose to the pats in the playoffs

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

To be fair the only time Gruden successfully built a team he did it with 35+ year old quarterbacks and star receivers.

Hell in the Raiders Super Bowl year (after he left but still basically the team he built) even the top 3 running backs were 30.

e: Woodson, Janikowski and Lechler were like the only important young guys on his 2001 team. Them and the D Line I guess.

I'd argue that Al Davis actually built that team

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

BlindSite posted:

Could do a lot worse if you're in contention for a couple years though. He's still arguably the best receiver in the league and without doubt top ten.

As a fan of stupidity put him on the chiefs offense and lol all year as you put up 60 points every game until you lose to the pats in the playoffs

If and when he gets traded, it will be to an NFC team with a bad QB situation is my prediction. My guess is Washington

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

wandler20 posted:

Mostly by location. The teams are all based in the south so some of them are a bit strange.

Baltimore is affiliated with Arizona, for instance. I get it but yeah it does feel weird.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

I'd argue that Al Davis actually built that team

Yeah I'd listen to that argument, but still the only good team he had any possible input in building rather than just taking over was a bunch of old dudes.

I am not saying this is a good idea of course, but he can think to himself "I've done it before" when he signs like, Larry Fitzgerald for the last year or two of his career.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Yeah. The Fleet are affiliated with the Chargers, Rams, Raiders, and the Lions, oddly.

Also each AAF team is affiliated with one CFL team

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

edelman and a second for brown who says no

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Zyla posted:

edelman and a second for brown who says no

Me, I like my shifty roided up squirrel.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

If and when he gets traded, it will be to an NFC team with a bad QB situation is my prediction. My guess is Washington

Let me dream damnit

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

BlindSite posted:

Let me dream damnit

I'd love to see what Aaron Rodgers could do with AB. AB has been my favorite player for a long time, Bell was too. Been a rough year for my fandom lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If Ben retired tomorrow I bet both Brown and Bell would agree to stay.