Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Tim Schafer made Psychonauts, which was a pretty good Nicktoon despite the janky early aughts CGI.

It's a shame he's wasted his talents since then trying to make videogames because as much as his heart is in the right place he's not very good at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Maybe if some of the employees were named Hideo, Geoff would care

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 13, 2019

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

lol gently caress eoff, jeff

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dorito pope is still a loving loser.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I guess when E3 dies those sweet Call of Duty reveal trailers will move to The Game Awards™

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Geoff gave 10 minutes of unfettered stage time to the big 3 execs, he was always 100% Corporate

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

I love Katamari

No, it's We ❤ Katamari. Get it straight.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I do have to wonder how many quarters of below expectations record profit they can post before becoming effectively dead companies from having no developers left to shutter or investors pulling out en masse.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Random Stranger posted:

No, it's We ❤ Katamari. Get it straight.

I love myself, and my katamari

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Grapplejack posted:

My "relax game" is Isaac, for what that says about me. I putter through a random run every once in a while.

Try nex machina, grappy.

Its the ultimate in what you are looking for in a relax game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bring me the head of this...Mr. James. Mr. Bideo James.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
The hype around Apex Legends is absolutely bonkers. Like 500,000 people were watching the inaugural tournament on Twitch Rivals and the game loving came out eight days ago.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Propaganda Hour posted:

The hype around Apex Legends is absolutely bonkers. Like 500,000 people were watching the inaugural tournament on Twitch Rivals and the game loving came out eight days ago.

It's because it's really really REALLY good hth

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Mario & Luigi: Bowsette's Inside Story

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's as terrible as every other BR but it's free and it's not Fortnite

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i thought there might still be an audience for a f2p battle royale that doesn't have weird vestigial non-shooter mechanics like fortnite but didn't realize it was this big

i guess because all the big streamers are from a fps background so it appeals to them and then it snowballs from there

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

also that tournament has like all the big twitch people in it anyway, so yeah of course its gonna have number just by virtue of inertia. if there was a competitive pooping tournament but they invited ninja and dr disrespect it'd pull big numbers also

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Propaganda Hour posted:

The funniest part is that they basically knew heir game was a PR disaster and decided to release it without any hype cycle so that people could form their opinions by playing it instead of poopooing it for being a lootbox f2p BR from EA

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

haven't we all had a heated toilet moment, though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

It's as terrible as every other BR but it's free and it's not Fortnite

It feels like a secret cut tf2 level where the gimmick is you have to pick garbage off the ground for 15 mins over and over instead of something fun like time travel. Im giving it time cause nobody wants to play edf5 lately.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

The funniest part is that they basically knew heir game was a PR disaster and decided to release it without any hype cycle so that people could form their opinions by playing it instead of poopooing it for being a lootbox f2p BR from EA

They should be pissed that it's a lootbox F2P BR from EA though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

In Training posted:

I mean I'm not playing it because there isn't a word in that sentence I like, but, it's an insane marketing strategy and the fact that it worked is remarkable

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

cheetah7071 posted:

Weird twist that the game was actually good, really.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its too bad, it would have been real funny if it was radical heights level

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Respawn is a good enough developer that they managed to overcome everything in this sentence apparently

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

al-azad posted:

Let me tell you guys how I retired at 38, spoiler it involves making a million dollars a year.

When planning for early retirement, Hester and her husband had the advantage of six-figure salaries and jobs that left them with millions of travel points.

It's just that easy folks!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I cant believe im playing a br. I should get back into fighters but its real hard to devote practice time with my toddler to watch all day. Sometimes she likes pushing the stick's buttons and watching what happens on screen for a few mins which is promising, but shes also a light sleeper and i cant play down the hall from her room. Maybe i'll buy some silent buttons i hear those really work. Maybe ill just keep playing this stupid br.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Don't forget investments and rental property.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

just write a book about how easy it is to be a millionaire, just like dozens of other assholes who keep the business section stocked

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Now that Apex is more popular than Christianity, one hopes cooler heads prevail and they tune the pricing. $18 for a character skin is a real steep ask.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

Now that Apex is more popular than Christianity, one hopes cooler heads prevail and they tune the pricing. $18 for a character skin is a real steep ask.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6HYzfEZPXc

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

precision posted:

Don't buy stuff in F2P games you idiot

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

let me just buy a skin in this first person shooter

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

The skin is for showing off to your allies and the enemies you kill

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

That's why they made gun skins, numb nuts!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The skin is for showing off to your allies and the enemies you kill

Showing off that you're a sucker.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Showing off that you're a sucker.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm going to make a fps battle royale that takes place entirely in a hall of mirrors, and all the taunts are about how ugly your clothes are and that you need to buy new ones

al-azad
May 28, 2009

the takeaway from this story is how this disabled woman requires AHCA and fair insurance practices to live her life and if I was the dude running this article I totally would’ve shifted towards that

But then again nypost lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Maybe I shouldn't have bought black ops.