Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Panfilo posted:

Horse girls.

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
seek bliss friends.

just saying

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

sneakyfrog posted:

seek bliss friends.

just saying

what if my bliss is scamming the government so I can play video games for 10 hours a day

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I unironically love the nuclear options these people take. That lady worked as hard as she could to provoke the response she eventually got.

Poke the bear enough and it will bite off your head.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:shrug: seek bliss?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Whorelord posted:

what if my bliss is scamming the government so I can play video games for 10 hours a day

drat the man

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Whorelord posted:

https://youtu.be/bB6EkeWoG2I
Ol Dirty Bastard Pickin Up Food Stamps In A Limo!!!!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
oh kurt loder

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Tetramin posted:

Why does he think this woman has an amazing sex drive. That’s the only tangible quality in this post so it’s obvious this is another fat married geek and an attractive woman who is forced to work in close proximity.

Well she's 'assertive' and 'sportive' unlike his wife.

Salty Josh posted:

Lol at that dude. She should have just asked him to leave. He is a lingerer.

I had to deal with a guy like that once in a regrettable college hookup. Wasn't for 48 hours, but once the morning rolled around, he would. Not. Leave. He kept trying to draw it out and stick around.

I kept telling him he had to get out because I had to get ready to meet my friends to study for a test and he still didn't leave. So finally I got dressed, threw a couple textbooks in my bag and told him we were leaving. I got off on a random floor of the dorms and figured I had given him the slip.

He showed back up ringing my doorbell at 10pm because he 'thought he left his gloves here'. I slammed the door in his face.

The next day he sent me thirty five text messages in the span of forty minutes, most just being a variation of 'hello?'

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 13, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Well she's 'assertive' and 'sportive' unlike his wife.

He thinks those are good traits for him instead of assertive and sportive meaning she will deck him in the face when he professes his love and it will hurt

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My father [58M] has "disowned" me [27M] for taking my three siblings to a dinner that was "too nice"

I live in the East Coast, but travel frequently to Chicago for a new job. My family LOVES Chicago. I found out they were coming for the weekend after one of my work trips to see a show, so I got a hotel room next to theirs and we made plans.

​I met them Saturday morning at the hotel bar, and bought the first rounds of drinks / apps for about $100.00.

​Saturday, I let my dad pick the restaurant for Lunch. The man is NOTORIOUS for going all out at restaurants. He is very successful, and food and drink is the one space he'll actually spend large amounts of money. He chose a nice seafood restaurant. So my mom [50sF], my dad, and my 3 younger siblings [21F, 23M, 25M] all sat down and essentially let my dad order; we used to try and order our own food, but he always supplemented our orders so we just let him get after it, especially since he was paying.

​I then took my dad to my favorite bar in the city. We hung out there for about 3 hours. I tried to pay for the bill, but my dad wouldn't let me because he had drank multiple $60.00 pours of Scotch.

​He was a little inebriated at this point, and told me he wanted to do dinner alone with my mom. He told me to take the kids somewhere nice, and was very clear that he'd reimburse dinner so the place "needs to be nice." I have a good job, but I don't have a "take three younger siblings to nice dinner" money.

​We ended up going to a nicer steak house because I had a few friends that helped open the restaurant and still work there. They always take good care of us and give us a steep discount.

​After the discounts, everything + tax and gratuity came out to about $250 (we tipped generously). I felt that was high, so I covered $150 myself . I figured if there was any other issue we could just cover the whole thing.

​My parents left on Sunday. Monday, my mom texted me asking how much I needed to be reimbursed. I told sent her a pic of the check and said that I only needed $100 back. I almost immediately received a phone call from my dad lambasting me for taking my siblings to "the nicest steak house in Chicago." He seemed to be more upset about the location than the price, saying that we "used him to eat a steak."

​He told me to cancel all plans I had to travel back to my hometown to see them (I already had two trips books and paid for - got a refund tho!) and that I was no longer welcome on our annual Florida trip this March (I have already purchased non-refundable tickets for this, tho!)

​I apologized several times, told him I was trying to be as fair as possible and that $25.00 a head for a dinner downtown Chicago seemed reasonable, but I wanted to take my siblings somewhere special which is why I paid for everything on top of that. He did not care, and went on a tirade about the nice dinners he's taking me too (referencing nice dinners he forced me to go to when I was a teenager).

​Trying to be empathetic. I understand the feeling of being taken advantage of, and it sucks. I do not feel like that's what I was doing in this situation. I also don't think being banned from home / Family trips is a reasonable response BUT WHAT DO I KNOW.

​**tl/dr** - my dad offered to pay for me to take my siblings to dinner in Chicago, then got mad when he thought the location of the dinner was too nice.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

dad broke so what

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not asking a friend to be a bridesmaid because of her body?

I am currently in the midst of planning my wedding, which my fiance and I just set a date for this coming summer. I've spent most of the last few weeks getting together with friends to do the whole "will you be my bridesmaid?" thing. The group consists of a mix of friends from work, college, and childhood. The latter is where my potential assholeness arises. I have a couple of friends that I've had literally since grade school. Their names are Kristy and Erin. Kristy is my absolute best friend in the whole wide world, like the sister I never had. Erin and I aren't as close as we once were, but that's mostly just because we went to different universities and naturally grew apart a bit. That being said, the three of us have maintained a group text and have continually gotten together to hang out over the years, so Erin is still a very close friend.

​Therefore it stood out when I didn't include her in my group of bridesmaids. I had hoped that it wouldn't be an issue because we had grown apart a little bit, but I could tell something was up after all my bridesmaids were posting on social media about me having asked them because Erin started being standoffish. Then I asked Erin to be in the house party, and her reaction was lukewarm at best. I asked Kristy about it later and she told me that Erin's feelings were hurt and then asked me why I didn't include Erin, and I told her the truth:

Erin has MASSIVE breasts. Literally bigger than should be physiologically possible because she has a hormone disorder that caused her breasts to grow to an excessive degree. We (as in Erin's mom, doctor, Kristy, me, and just about everyone else important in Erin's life) have been encouraging her to get a breast reduction surgery for years now, but she just won't follow through with it because she's terrified of surgery. That's beside the point though. I originally planned on asking Erin to be a bridesmaid, but then I started thinking about the logistics of getting a bridesmaid dress tailored to fit her dimensions and how she won't be capable of wearing a strapless dress because she can't do strapless bras. Also Erin has these shoulder pads for her bra straps that she's insecure about, so she would need a dress with sleeves realistically, and does that mean I have to settle on a bridesmaid dress with sleeves for all the girls to wear in the heat of summer? Or does Erin have to be the only one wearing a different dress? It stressed me out immensely, and I felt that it would be borderline impossible to find a resolution that wouldn't somehow embarrass and/or ostracize Erin.

​And here's the other issue that might be flirting with 'Bridezilla' territory. Part of me has a fear that Erin's presence would be a distraction. Like I said before, I've been Erin's friend since we were kids. I've been there through it all, and I have seen how people react to her situation. When people think back on my wedding, I want them to think about how beautiful the venue was, or how nice the wedding party looked, or (dare I say) my fiance and I finally getting hitched! I don't want people to remember my wedding for the bridesmaid with the giant boobs.

​I told Kristy these feelings and she more or less told me I was being an rear end in a top hat. She said it more kindly than that, but it's the same sentiment regardless lol. And honestly I recognize that she might be correct, because I'm being selfish...but then I also think that if ever there's a time I can be a little selfish then it's probably my wedding day.

​Am I the rear end in a top hat for not asking Erin to be a bridesmaid?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

tell Erin to pm me

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I like how she starts off trying to pretend it's just a logistics issue because clearly no dress could ever be made for a woman with large breasts, then straight up admits it's about insecurity anyway

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
You just let your bridesmaids choose their own dresses you loving idiot, it saves everyone a lot of grief over buying whatever ugly piece of poo poo you decide for them!!

Jesus christ how loving selfish. What if people look at tit lady on MY wedding day!? Was she not going to invite her at all?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Araenna posted:

Yeah, none of it really made sense. Even if they had to reroute the urethra, would they move the balls? Why? How does that help anything?

Even beyond that, with penile cancer they'd likely take the testicles as well as a precaution as they're much more cancer-prone.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

big dyke energy posted:

You just let your bridesmaids choose their own dresses you loving idiot, it saves everyone a lot of grief over buying whatever ugly piece of poo poo you decide for them!!

Jesus christ how loving selfish. What if people look at tit lady on MY wedding day!? Was she not going to invite her at all?

she was graciously offered a position as scullery maid for the duration of the wedding

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The bride and groom are so wonderful and this venue is perfect, I hope their marriawoAH LADY WITH BIG OL BOOBLES HUBBA HUBBA ARROOUUUU YOWZA WOWZA

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
"I want people to focus on me and not the attractive bridesmaids" is common bridezilla territory

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
This isn't that difficult. I've seen many weddings where the bridesmaids all had the same general outfit in spite of being wildly different body types. Erin could get a dress with shoulders and as minimal neckline as possible, wear a minimizer bra, etc. It's not Mission Impossible Boobs here.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
AITA for not warning a Tinder date about my weight?

quote:

I've been using Tinder for a few weeks now. My profile picture is a picture of me at the store that I used to work at. A customer came in with a pet pigeon and let the bird sit on my arm, and then I asked him to take the picture with my phone. I didn't use any filters. You can see me from my midriff up to the top of my head, but tbh I was wearing a sweater.

I am a 5'8, 162 lbs female, btw.

I met this guy on Tinder and we hit it off. He was really funny and we had some hobbies in common. We agreed to go on a date downtown, to look at pigeons, because he said that he also liked them. When we met he was completely different from how he was over chat. He didn't say anything to me on his own and just answered questions with simples yesses and nos. He seemed angry the whole time and left the date after about an hour, saying he was supposed to meet his friend.

I thought that maybe he was shy in real life, and texted him afterwards to thank him for the date and ask him if he had an omay time. He didn't reply for a few days but this morning I got this text:

"just a headsup not everyone is into big girls, u should rly let guys know ahead of time so they dont get put on the spot. Just my advise. Hope u find what ur looking for, best wishes."

I feel really embarrassed after reading this text. I didn't mean to put anyone 'on the spot'. I know I'm not thin, but I'm also not that heavy. It never occurred to me that this was something I had to disclose before meeting someone. But I do remember reading some posts online where people were similarly disappointed that a date was bigger than they let on. Am I one of those deceptive dates? AITA?

Edit: everyone keeps asking me about the picture I uploaded and if it's from weird 'angles' and poo poo... no. I thought that was pretty obvious as I said before that a customer took the picture of me with his pet bird. I just put it up because people are always saying that 'action pictures' are better than posed ones and I like birds 🤷🏼‍♀️🐦

Otherwise I want to thank everyone for their input, even those that think I'm the rear end in a top hat.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Great Escape (1963) - Starring Erin's Boobs

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Danaru posted:

The bride and groom are so wonderful and this venue is perfect, I hope their marriawoAH LADY WITH BIG OL BOOBLES HUBBA HUBBA ARROOUUUU YOWZA WOWZA

Don't doxx me.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Danaru posted:

I like how she starts off trying to pretend it's just a logistics issue because clearly no dress could ever be made for a woman with large breasts, then straight up admits it's about insecurity anyway

big dyke energy posted:

Panfilo posted:

This isn't that difficult. I've seen many weddings where the bridesmaids all had the same general outfit in spite of being wildly different body types. Erin could get a dress with shoulders and as minimal neckline as possible, wear a minimizer bra, etc. It's not Mission Impossible Boobs here.

Okay so I was in this situation last year (not like, as bad as Erin, but way too much tiddy) and if she's going with a "trademarked" color there really actually could be a huge issue finding a dress that fits. Like, a whole shitload of David's Bridal colors are super tightly trademarked and a lot of people swatch from them because they're loving everywhere (and have a near monopoly on mass bridal). Their selection in larger sizes (you have to order up to the biggest "part" and tailor down) is abysmal, especially if "have to be able to wear a bra with straps" is mandatory. Of all the dresses they sell, 3 of them I could wear a bra with and sized large enough to fit my chest, but tailorable to the rest of my body (I wear like a 14 pants/dress normally but had to size to a loving 20-22 for my boobs), and they were hideous. I got lucky and found a Chinese knockoff dress seller who doesn't give a poo poo about DB's color trademark but that was after going to literally every formal wear store within an hour of where I live and finding nothing.

She's definitely being a bridezilla/insecure, but her concern isn't invalid.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My (25F) brother (24M) is convinced his ex gf cheated on him with our older brother (32M) and now his daughters aren’t his.

quote:

My brother has always been the spoiled brat in the family. Since we were kids he would always throw a fit if he didn’t get his way. I remember my parents took us to the store once and let us pick out ONE thing, he picked some chips and I got some gum. After he was done with his chips he wanted my gum and after a slap in the face from my dad, I ended up giving my brother my gum.

Fast forward, twenty some years of this behavior and it’s no surprise that my brother is still living with my parents, has two daughters he doesn’t support, can’t hold a stable job so he now works construction with a bunch of illegal immigrants, has multiple warrants out for his arrest, and is addicted to meth.

Everyone in the family has chipped in at some point to help buy his daughters some diapers or milk. My mom works two jobs to try and support those girls. My dad can’t do anything to step up to my brother because my brother gets aggressive towards my handicapped father.

A few years ago he developed a drug problem and things just got worse from there. He’s been trying to quit for the sake of his daughters, he’s trying to be a better father. We can always tell when he relapses however, he ends up calling random people in the family and accusing them of knowing his ex gf (Jessica) was cheating on him with our older (half) brother. There is no possible way this could be true, my older brother would never do this and he loves my brother so much he was practically his father growing up when my dad was in prison. He’ll even recount days and go years back in call logs to prove his point. I’ll admit, I may have believed it at some point because the way he laid the facts out sounded so convincing but it’s not true and I’ve exhausted all my efforts trying to convince him his daughters are his.

It absolutely breaks my heart because these girls are so precious and deserve so much more than this. This problem has been going on for years and I have no idea what to do any more. Can anyone give me any advice?

TL;DR: meth addicted brother accuses ex of cheating on him with our older brother and denies one of his daughters being his. Causing a lot of problems in the family. Advice on how to deal with this?

Really, the only body this title needed was:

quote:

and is addicted to meth.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Haifisch posted:

AITA for not warning a Tinder date about my weight?

Am I going nuts? That seems like a perfectly normal height/weight. Like, not fat or thin. Jesus.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My father [58M] has "disowned" me [27M] for taking my three siblings to a dinner that was "too nice"

Give up on the loser, be extra nice to your mom, and wait for heart disease to do its thing

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Beekeeping and You posted:

Am I going nuts? That seems like a perfectly normal height/weight. Like, not fat or thin. Jesus.
The main theory in the comments is that he's using "big" to mean tall, not fat(complete with other tall women saying that people really will call them big, and lots of people arguing about what the cutoff point is for a woman being tall).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its the very upper edge of healthy weight, but is still healthy weight. Unless shes asian american in which chase shes very gently in the unhealthy range due to diabetes incidence rates

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Haifisch posted:

The main theory in the comments is that he's using "big" to mean tall, not fat(complete with other tall women saying that people really will call them big).

5'8" isn't that tall either! Either way, we got ourselves an insecure man here ladies

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Maybe he was just using it as an excuse and the real reason he didn't want to see her again is because she's a fake pigeoner girl, probably didn't even build her own coop just bought one from bestbuy aghhhhhhhhhh hasn't even memorized the animaniacs goodfeathers segments like I have goddamn fake assssssssssssssssss

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Yeah, I was thinking, from what the woman said about her friend it could be legitimately difficult for her to get a dress, which I’m sure is a problem her friend is well-familiar with in life.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

The comments section is a shitshow of idiots slap-fighting about BMI charts/waist to hip ratio 'I'm 20lbs heavier and I look flyyyyyyyy!' and also people getting the BMI wrong and going 'Girl, you a hog!'

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Yeah, I was thinking, from what the woman said about her friend it could be legitimately difficult for her to get a dress, which I’m sure is a problem her friend is well-familiar with in life.

They still make burlap sacks, right?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

dudeness posted:

Maybe he was just using it as an excuse and the real reason he didn't want to see her again is because she's a fake pigeoner girl, probably didn't even build her own coop just bought one from bestbuy aghhhhhhhhhh hasn't even memorized the animaniacs goodfeathers segments like I have goddamn fake assssssssssssssssss

It has to be this.

Also goodfeathers 4 LYFE.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

LadyPictureShow posted:

My (25F) brother (24M) is convinced his ex gf cheated on him with our older brother (32M) and now his daughters aren’t his.

Really, the only body this title needed was:

Unreformed tweakers are loving trash.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

therobit posted:

Unreformed tweakers are loving trash.

The real solution is to have the brother adopt the kids for real and get meth dad out of the picture

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not telling my SO that I am a millionaire?

For reference, I’m an attorney and my SO is a software engineer. We’ve been married for 5 years. We have a 3 year old daughter and live a comfortable upper middle class life.

I won the lottery to the tune of 8 figures in my senior year of undergrad. After taking some friends on a 2 month European vacation, setting up trusts for my parents’ retirement and my brother’s college education, and paying for law school, I put what remained (not an insignificant amount) into various investment accounts. I don’t intend to touch these accounts until retirement. If all goes well, my SO and I should be able to retire before age 55.

There haven’t been any issues in our marriage as of yet. Arguments are easily resolved, our sex life is quite good, and we’ve never had to worry financially. My reluctance to tell my current SO about my wealth stems from prior relationships where it’s clear in hindsight that my former SOs weren’t interested in me but my money. But at the same time, I feel that I shouldn’t continue keeping a secret as big as this from my SO.

So, AITA for keeping my wealth a secret?

EDIT: I'm female. It's kinda funny how most commenters thought I was the husband though.
EDIT #2: I'm sorry for not responding to any of the comments, but I've read every single one of them. I'd like to thank those who called me an rear end in a top hat for giving me a whole new perspective on this situation. I'll talk to my husband about my money tomorrow. If he's angry at me it's 100% my fault but it's something I definitely need to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Haifisch posted:

The main theory in the comments is that he's using "big" to mean tall, not fat(complete with other tall women saying that people really will call them big, and lots of people arguing about what the cutoff point is for a woman being tall).

Tall women own though???