Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also babies and added evolutions for the orig 151 count as orig 151

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I really like Ducklett but then it evolves into a dumb swan

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Duskull goes from a cool ghost to a dumb mummy but turns back into a cool ghost so I guess it all worked out in the end.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The mummy wrap is just a ghost cocoon

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I played Black when I was very stressed out on top of being extremely sick and when I think about it, most of the game is like a fever dream to me. I'd like to go back and play it, but I know that it'd never live up to my barely remembered flu-addled memories.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

wartortle to blastoise is the biggest downgrade until i think of another

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

oddium posted:

hosed up to say when Samurott exists

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

oddium posted:

Herdier to Stoutland

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Zore posted:

hosed up to say when Samurott exists

Samurott is great and my favorite starter evo, so you can shut it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

galagazombie posted:

Duskull goes from a cool ghost to a dumb mummy but turns back into a cool ghost so I guess it all worked out in the end.

I think the duskull line is supposed to be about different ways of preserving the dead:

Allowing them to decompose into bones (Duskull) -> preserving the body via mummification (Duskclops) -> cremating the body and putting it in an urn (Dusknoir)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Herdier to Stoutland
Yeah, that's not a great look.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

Sliggoo to Goodra

(Goodra is cute, but Sliggoo deserved an evo that’s just as cool and creepy)

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

oddium posted:

You haven't paid attention to any fire starter since gen 1, have you?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Typhlosion, Blaziken, Infernape and Incineroar are all great and Delphox is only worse than Braixen because Braixen is fantastic.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Yeah Earnestly's comment is peculiar, all 7 final Fire starters except Delphox are better designed than their middle stages.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Incineroar sucks actually

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Torracat is also bad tho. Weirdly puffy cat is kinda gross.

Only Litten is good from that line.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

indigi posted:

Incineroar sucks actually

She's in Smash and she owns actually.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Zore posted:

Torracat is also bad tho. Weirdly puffy cat is kinda gross.

Only Litten is good from that line.

cosign

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
litten and torracat are boring, incineroar is good and it's a shame you have to be stuck with two lameos for so long to get him

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Knowing what its based on, Emboar should've learned Transform. Oh and he's the best of the gen 5 starters. Too bad Darumakka still outclassed it.

Edit: Hell yeah Incineroar's the best!

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

I keep forgetting that Incineroar is supposed to be a wrasslecat because it just looks like inflatable and rubbery to me. Like I expect it to fight like Luffy in One Piece or something.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Rudoku posted:

Knowing what its based on, Emboar should've learned Transform. Oh and he's the best of the gen 5 starters. Too bad Darumakka still outclassed it.

Edit: Hell yeah Incineroar's the best!

:agreed:

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Rowlet -> Dartrix -> Decidueye is far and away the worst evolution progression I can think of right now. Decidueye is better than Dartrix's Nick Robinson-lookin' rear end but still not nearly a worthy follow-up to Rowlet.

e: and I can't believe it even needs to be said but Incineroar owns

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Dartrix is tied with Braixen as best/sassiest middle stage.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Walrus Pete posted:

Rowlet -> Dartrix -> Decidueye is far and away the worst evolution progression I can think of right now. Decidueye is better than Dartrix's Nick Robinson-lookin' rear end but still not nearly a worthy follow-up to Rowlet.

e: and I can't believe it even needs to be said but Incineroar owns

Thats why Ash's Rowlett, upon seeing a Dartix, decided to eat an Everstone. (And regurgitate it to use Seed Bomb every so often)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Thats why Ash's Rowlett, upon seeing a Dartix, decided to eat an Everstone. (And regurgitate it to use Seed Bomb every so often)

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Kind of hope they continue the anime next gen the same way they've been doing it this gen. Drawing heavily off the games and filling the rest with slice of life works way better than OC Do not steal rivals and the most blandest takes off game characters held together by a weekly pokemon power of friendship plot line.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Walrus Pete posted:

It follows the usual starter line design principle of "high cute low intimidate > mid cute mid intimidate > low cute high intimidate." It's not ideal but I don't see how it is a standout?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Crawfish posted:

Kind of hope they continue the anime next gen the same way they've been doing it this gen. Drawing heavily off the games and filling the rest with slice of life works way better than OC Do not steal rivals and the most blandest takes off game characters held together by a weekly pokemon power of friendship plot line.

Yeah, they could have easily had it be another bog standard season of Ash going through the Island Challenge with Lillie and some other guy tagging along but I appreciate them deciding to do something unique with it instead (kind of weird we still haven't gotten a movie that's actually set in the Sun & Moon timeline yet though).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Decidueye is cuter than bird haro.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee now has a demo on the eShop.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
every pokemon is good.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Dehry posted:

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee now has a demo on the eShop.

That seems like odd timing.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Bleck posted:

every pokemon is good.

Bronzong is not good because I hate having to deal with a high defense high HP wall that has only one weakness (Which is random so you can't even prepare for it.) Screw you Team Galactic.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Larryb posted:

Yeah, they could have easily had it be another bog standard season of Ash going through the Island Challenge with Lillie and some other guy tagging along but I appreciate them deciding to do something unique with it instead (kind of weird we still haven't gotten a movie that's actually set in the Sun & Moon timeline yet though).

The movies were slowly killing them, as each one was doing worse than the last one. That changed with the remade movies, so I'm guessing they'll stick with that for a bit and have the anime do various arcs and feature various legendaries like the movies.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

galagazombie posted:

Bronzong is not good because I hate having to deal with a high defense high HP wall that has only one weakness (Which is random so you can't even prepare for it.) Screw you Team Galactic.

Levitate is better then Heatproof since it grants an immunity rather then just lowering damage. As a result, most Bronzong that people use are weak to fire.

Not that it matters anymore since it's now also weak to Ghost and Dark moves due to nerfing Steel.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I like that the new movies have nothing to do with the anime; it supports really creative storytelling. Yeah, the first one is a lovely attempt at nostalgia by throwing some kanto league scenes, but Power of Us was a legit good movie on its own right. And they both had such gorgeous, and different, art styles.

I hope that the anime never goes back to the mold it used to rely on. At the same time, i'd be fine if we don't do slice of life again, if only because all this change and injection of creativity is what's making Pokemon fantastic animation-wise, so trying more new stuff should always be happening.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Brick Shipment posted:

I keep forgetting that Incineroar is supposed to be a wrasslecat because it just looks like inflatable and rubbery to me. Like I expect it to fight like Luffy in One Piece or something.

Breloom fights like Luffy in One Piece and that's why they're the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Breloom fights like Luffy in One Piece and that's why they're the best

Wait I thought it was supposed to be a Kangaroo? Or is this an anime thing?