Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

kingcom posted:

Holy poo poo I never knew that, is that saved somewhere because thats unbelievable power if so. I remember Wil Weaton disappeared from the net a bit ago but I never knew why or cared enough to find out.

Someone Bofa'd him, he melted down, theoretical leftist and likely rapist laurelai Bailey lead a crusade against the BofA.lol instance (rip), the lady who did the joke ended up being a huge shithead, it was a wild first week on mastodon

People think Twitter gets wild but no, it's mastodon. Mastodon is Twitter but people can run their own Twitter, and then the Twitter's have beefs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
That's 100% a zak sockpuppet, all of his tweets have been to people replying to Mearls' tweet.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 13, 2019

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
ConTessa has made a post downplaying and denying any serious association with Zak too:

http://www.contessa.rocks/blog/contessa-statement-on-zak-smith

quote:

Both literally and figuratively, Mandy Morbid is a friend of ConTessa. She was there to participate in the early online events that gave shape to what would become ConTessa. Staffers and members of our board have been invited into her home, in the past, and have gamed with her as well. We support her and believe her.

At this point ConTessa wishes to make an official statement regarding Zak Smith (aka Zak S. and Zak Sabbath). Despite rumors and speculation to the contrary, Smith has never been a part of ConTessa as an organization nor has he exerted influence over the organization and its activities at any point in ConTessa's history. Yes, he was a participant in early online games that were organized by our founder, but that has always been the extent of Smith's involvement with ConTessa. Smith will never be a part of this organization, participate in any of its events or exert any sort of influence over ConTessa in the future. We will also not allow events that utilize his work to be run in ConTessa spaces.

We, as an organization, apologize for any misconceptions that Smith's past relationships with members of the board of directors of ConTessa, and ConTessa staffers may have created in gaming spaces. But, officially, ConTessa neither supports nor condones the past or present actions of Smith, on or offline.

ConTessa was founded on the principal that gaming space could be better spaces by letting women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ take leadership positions, so that those spaces could be moved into less toxic directions than the default ones lead by straight, white men. We still believe in this, and going forward we will make it an integral part of our mission to do be a better force for change within our shared gaming communities, and to help amplify the voices of those who are not being heard.

If you would like to be one of those voices, join us in our mission to make gaming spaces safer.

This was after ConTessa's founder hid their twitter because they said "You can't say 'I told you so!' about Zak!", and the PR manager refused to correct an article he made when 5e first came out dismissing concerns about Zak and Tarnowski's consultancy on 5e.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
IIRC Wheaton also took forever to disassociate with a huge TERF.

FMguru posted:

He's also a nice exemplar of the Extremely Woke Ally That Totally Supports Marginalized People who turns completely useless the moment he's asked to pay the even slightest personal price to back up his loudly-touted Deeply Held beliefs.

And yet apparently also manages to be incredibly thin-skinned about the slightest mockery. Sounds like he's making people actually miss when he was just Wesley.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

This guy also extreme sus for Zak S sockpuppet btw.

https://twitter.com/vangy789

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
Matthew Mercer tweeted about the Zak S stuff recently as of this posting. This link should contain the entire twitter convo.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
Another of Zak's exes has spoken out:

https://twitter.com/VividVivka/status/1095554997654188033

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I feel sick after reading this.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

If the OSR people were smart they would be using the uproar against Mearls and D&D as a chance to go "Hey, you can play D&D without giving Mearls money!"

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Edit: Melodramatic crying removed.

TheDiceMustRoll fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 22, 2019

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
This is, unfortunately, to be expected. When you have an abuser who's been allowed to keep abusing you rarely ever see it end with one or two. There's always more people who've been keeping quiet, either out of fear, isolation or shame, and the floodgates open. We'll probably see a few more. Remember your self care, folks, if it's getting to you, but also make sure you shut down assholes who start coming after these people.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Arivia posted:

I used to hang out in a big OSR discord that had a lot of people in it who liked Zak's products. Zak himself popped up in it after the G+ shutdown was announced, and I immediately left. I wonder if he's been banned from there, too.

If it's the one I think you mean (the one with all the GLOG people), yes they banned him, though I'm not sure if it was before these revelations or not. There is general disgust for him there, though I think there's also still a prevalence of "civility above all" ethics, so perhaps no lesson learned.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Oh my loving god.

This god drat nightmare literally won't end. This is just way too much for me. I don't...know what the gently caress to even say.

It should not surprise you for more to come out, this guy is an absolute piece of poo poo and leaves a big old trail of abuse in his wake.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

I've been lurking here, mostly because I'm not very in the know about what's going on, beside's what's talked about here,. But I had to say that this is awful. I I got the impression that Zack S was of course a creep, but this is far worse than anything I've heard about him. The bastard should be in jail.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Oh my loving god.

This god drat nightmare literally won't end. This is just way too much for me. I don't...know what the gently caress to even say.

I don't mean to sound vindictive but this is a hell of your own making. You defended him and you get to live with that knowledge.

What you can do is apologize to the people you've hurt and try to help them now.

What you should not do is try to make this about you. You were an accomplice, not a victim.

Foolster41 posted:

I've been lurking here, mostly because I'm not very in the know about what's going on, beside's what's talked about here,. But I had to say that this is awful. I I got the impression that Zack S was of course a creep, but this is far worse than anything I've heard about him. The bastard should be in jail.

The implants, the gaslighting, the "Sport-loving", the negging. Jail is the least he deserves.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Oh, is TDMR one of his defenders? I retract my concern. You chose to defend the harasser, you don't get sympathy now it turns out he's also an emotionally coercive rapist.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Edit: Melodramatic Crybaby Nonsense removed

TheDiceMustRoll fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Feb 22, 2019

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I basically have to restart the apology I'm writing because of Viv's post. I would ask if people could please not dogpile, I was already well into an apology.

Dude.

Kurieg posted:

I don't mean to sound vindictive but this is a hell of your own making. You defended him and you get to live with that knowledge.

What you can do is apologize to the people you've hurt and try to help them now.

What you should not do is try to make this about you. You were an accomplice, not a victim.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Edit: Melodramatic Handwringing that helped nobody removed.

TheDiceMustRoll fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 22, 2019

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I basically have to restart the apology I'm writing because of Viv's post. I would ask if people could please not dogpile, I was already well into an apology. I just...need to amend it now. Again.

Radical notion: Shut the gently caress up and write the apology rather than playing the victim.

EDIT:

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I am not making this about me, I am asking that you give me time to finish before you start slamming me. You may do so after I've posted it.

Stop posting, go write it, fuckwit.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Oh my loving god.

maybe you should actually apologize instead of making this about you, dipshit

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Imagine thinking anyone on SA tradgames is going to have the slightest sympathy for somebody who used to stan for Zak fuckin S of all people given the history here.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

As an aside, no one should be surprised that Zak's a serial abuser because... most of them are, disgustingly. Most abusers don't just keep it to a single person. Zak was 30ish and already a practiced abuser when he and Mandy met, like it's never gonna be just the accusers these people have hurt and that's horrible but it should be very, very clearly understood

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Edit: Handwringing removed.

TheDiceMustRoll fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 22, 2019

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
That was like 98% about you and like 2% apology

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Finster Dexter posted:

yeah and thats why I deleted it. bye bye now

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

What does "bofa" mean? Somehow I have never encountered that term before and the context isn't enough on its own for me to figure it out.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

NGDBSS posted:

What does "bofa" mean?

It's short for ligma balls.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

NGDBSS posted:

What does "bofa" mean? Somehow I have never encountered that term before and the context isn't enough on its own for me to figure it out.

It's the thing that Steve Jobs got and ultimately killed him :(

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Finster Dexter posted:

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

yeah and thats why I deleted it. bye bye now

Honestly, I thought it was referring to the edited post, since it still fits.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Kai Tave posted:

It's short for ligma balls.
What, so a verbal trap for juvenile humor or so forth?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

NGDBSS posted:

The very same, in this case the punchline being "bofa deez nuts."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Foolster41 posted:

Honestly, I thought it was referring to the edited post, since it still fits.

I'm kind of sorry I missed it. It would have been fascinating to see the degree to which they missed the point even with help.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

NGDBSS posted:

It's like a cruder updog, yeah.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Jesus, Grey's account is a hard read.

What the gently caress. How would anyone work with or willingly associate themselves with a piece of trash like Zak.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The forbidden thread tags exist for a reason, if you're gonna flagellate about it just commit proper goon seppeku.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Sax Solo posted:

If it's the one I think you mean (the one with all the GLOG people), yes they banned him, though I'm not sure if it was before these revelations or not. There is general disgust for him there, though I think there's also still a prevalence of "civility above all" ethics, so perhaps no lesson learned.

Yes, that’s it. I might drop back in then; it was about my speed for gaming talk and I liked the people.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Tendales posted:

Revisiting Olivia's ban would really be a good idea for RPGnet right now. There's not nearly enough redress to the people that were hurt going around yet.

e: I get the impression Olivia wouldn't actually want to return even if the ban was lifted, but it would still be a helpful gesture.

You are assuming the apologies are meant to console those they harmed. This is about covering their asses in face of a scandal because celebrities with an established following routed around them, thereby causing them to look bad. None of them will work towards the consolation or vindication of their victims and it's likely that they don't even know how to make amends.

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I am absolutely astounded by the amount of people who's take about all of this is "I believe he's bad now, but I still believe all his previous accusers were liars and just trying to make him look bad." How the hell do you come out of the situation believing that?

They hate trans people and think we're crazy liars.
e: Just realized that the full text of the assault victims' story confirms what everyone said about him for twelve years, so either they believe her or we're liars.

Big Hubris fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Feb 13, 2019

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Zereth posted:

It's like a cruder updog, yeah.

It's "loser says what" for the modern era

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

the lady who did the joke ended up being a huge shithead, it was a wild first week on mastodon

Aw gently caress, I still follow her. What did she do?