Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Portal 3 is being announced tomorrow during the Nintendo Direct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Infinitum posted:

With a message that all work on the product has been scrapped and theyre starting over with a new developer, please be patient

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Please do not play with my heart in such a way.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Portal 2 is like ten puzzles too long

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm such a massive loving fan of the Portal series you have no idea, and I would do terrible terrible dark forbidden things for a sequel.

I have these signed limited edition lithographs (Though they are in storage at my Dad's atm, as I don't have a good spot for them, so I don't have photos)

Also have 2 Half Life 2 signed limited edition lithographs

They're among some of my favourite nerdy things. Particularly the City 17 lithograph

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Those are amazing! I do not have any posters yet, but I do have the Songs to Test by soundtrack on CD and a Chell NECA figure on my desk, as well as tons of the little mystery turrets :D

Goodness I really need a portal 2 poster!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Those are amazing! I do not have any posters yet, but I do have the Songs to Test by soundtrack on CD and a Chell NECA figure on my desk, as well as tons of the little mystery turrets :D

Goodness I really need a portal 2 poster!!

Just draw two ovals your walls

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

then you dot the eyes.... presto!! double kirby

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jay Rust posted:

Portal 2 is like ten puzzles too long

The mid section of P2 drags so freaking much I realise whenever I go back to replay it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Portal 3: this time there are 3 portals

Barudak
May 7, 2007

njsykora posted:

The mid section of P2 drags so freaking much I realise whenever I go back to replay it.

Yeah, the game has like three distinct acts and the middle one blows. Its why I don't like the game as a whole as much as P1 because its just too long and that section is just ugh

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

So in the end what was more dissapointing, KH3 or FF15

FF15 had like, 6 hours of story but it was a pretty entertaining 6 hours and in the end I actually liked the characters. Plus, at least it was self contained and didn't require you to play GBA, PSP, DS, 3DS and PS4 games across 16 years
KH3's story is absolute garbage they are making up as they go. It's seriously so stupid. You cannot imagine how dumb it is if you aren't following the series.

KH3 has really fun combat though (imo) and FF15 combat was basically either holding down Attack or Block before they added all the new character stuff. Also if you ignore the actual story KH has cute Pixar characters whose worlds you run around in

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

Portal 3: this time there are 3 portals

portal 2 multiplayer has 4 portals

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Neither really disappointed me? I guess the closest was the jangled mess of a story in the later half of FF15 but the ending made up for it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

portal 2 multiplayer has 4 portals

yeah and now there's only 3 deal with it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

a humbling experience ....

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

A $50k tournament for a game that's been out a week is messed up
for apex? it's real fuckin generous to call it a tournament honestly, the structure of it's just dumb. all the teams start playing at the same time, not necessarily queueing into the same games, and it's whoever can score the most kills over a four hour period.

like one, what kind of lovely tournament doesn't even have the competitors playing directly against each other, and two that's not even how you play that game. it's the nick arcade approach to tournament organizing

it's not so secretly more an advertising campaign than an actual functional tournament

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

for apex? it's real fuckin generous to call it a tournament honestly, the structure of it's just dumb. all the teams start playing at the same time, not necessarily queueing into the same games, and it's whoever can score the most kills over a four hour period.

like one, what kind of lovely tournament doesn't even have the competitors playing directly against each other, and two that's not even how you play that game. it's the nick arcade approach to tournament organizing

it's not so secretly more an advertising campaign than an actual functional tournament

Oh OK I assumed they got all the big streamers into one game together or something, I could've seen that being fun if you're into those guys

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Even when he's off social media, deadmau5 can't seem to keep his foot out of his mouth. During a public Twitch live stream of a PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) group match, the Canadian DJ/producer used language that some have deemed homophobic.

In a clip from the live stream on Twitch user SmaceTRON's channel, deadmau5 (real name Joel Zimmerman) appears to be frustrated over another player "stream sniping" - meaning that they watched his screen to find his location and relay it to their team member. "Is that some loving cock-sucking stream sniper f**," he says during his outburst.

Heated DJ Moment

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sure would be nice if sekiro was out already

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“that some have deemed homophobic”? It’s kinda inarguable??? He’s not british

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

maybe he followed it up with "good because I'm gay too and love to participate in gay cock sucking". out of context, we just dont have enough information

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The concept of stream sniping is the dumbest poo poo

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

It's just so hard for streamers and I guess musicians to not use Gamer Words.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

MMF Freeway posted:

The concept of stream sniping is the dumbest poo poo

Maybe you should RESPECT the sanctity of the stream and not try to interfere or interact outside of giving them money!!!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it stands to reason that videogames, as a form of toy for children, would have a disproportionate amount of people recorded having tantrums, a form a behavior utilized by children

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Its like your friend getting mad at you for screen looking in Goldeneye except unlike in Goldeneye, where I definitely am screen looking, its probably not even actually happening

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Twitch runs on a time delay for exactly that reason but I guess some games have a flow where that doesn't really mitigate the problem?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Neither really disappointed me?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol @ people who get mad about screenlooking when it's all on the same screen

I'll just deactivate that specific section of rods and cones for you

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Really Pants posted:

lol @ people who get mad about screenlooking when it's all on the same screen

I'll just deactivate that specific section of rods and cones for you

I had friends who got pissed off I always knew where they were and that I was screenpeeking and it was always funny because it's not that hard to pay attention to your peripheral vision.

I now have friends who never can tell when someone is shooting them from the side or in the rear end, so history repeats

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

in MY household we all fire lasers into our eyes to selectively blind ourselves before split screen gaming

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
"Stop screen looking!!" said my friend as he hid in a dead end surrounded by deployed laptop guns, refusing to move.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sheesh millenials and their screens

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Infinitum posted:

I'm such a massive loving fan of the Portal series you have no idea, and I would do terrible terrible dark forbidden things for a sequel.

I have these signed limited edition lithographs (Though they are in storage at my Dad's atm, as I don't have a good spot for them, so I don't have photos)

Also have 2 Half Life 2 signed limited edition lithographs

They're among some of my favourite nerdy things. Particularly the City 17 lithograph

I too remember when Valve used to make cool things.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

In Mario Kart's manual, Nintendo encouraged screen watching as a viable tactic.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You use an elaborate contraption of painter's tape and cardboard to prevent same-screen cheating.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

When will our backwards society at last become tolerant of same-screen relationships.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The PS-branded 3D TV Sony briefly sold had a neat anti-screenlook feature- if both players were wearing shutter glasses, it would use those to alternate the screen between each of their views while blocking it for the other, so both players would be looking at the same TV, getting the use of the full display area, but seeing completely different images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Jay Rust posted:

Hey now I'm British and it's only oval office that we get to use as punctuation by birthright