Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I for one put my Gul'dan on the plush unicorn and am loving every second of it.

Also, I imagine that Hanzo stuff is the new part of the Lunar New Year re-run. At least I want that to come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yup, GI Joe theme.

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1092120540872093696

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz59tFR2KMs

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I can't tell if that's a bucket hat or a GI helmet on Blaze.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If the real blaze skin lives up to the promise of that art, hoo boy

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Blizzard finally canonizes Hanjo.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

2019 is year of the supports

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
That term they use so often - "sprucing up talent trees" - always bugs me. It's like their changes aren't intentionally chosen trade-offs and are just some kind of modernization or a feather dusting.

I know piercing darts was a problem but I always liked Ana because there wasnt a lot of extra button management. I don't want to switch on and off and juggle her D cooldown it's annoying and I don't know why they added mechanical management to a hero so many people adored playing (I understand this is a pretty big buff). I'd knew they'd come for all my girls eventually though, they always do.

That said the new talents look cool and I like grenade build looking more real. Eye of Horus change takes it from boring to extremely, extremely fun.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 4, 2019

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I think her changes look cool and give her a lot more utility.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Skin trip report:

Hanzo: Not terrible. I'm disappointed that what I originally thought was a hood is just his headband looking weird in the art, though.
Blaze: I'm disappointed that he's not as huge as the concept art makes him out to be - I expected him to have Tychus-like body proportions. But overall, not terrible! Also the little girl from the VIPER stuff is Blaze's daughter - he wears her picture on his helmet.
Deckard Cain: Did not expect this skin at all and it loving owns.

New Stukov, Ana, and Genji variants: Desert Camo and Arctic Camo, respectively. They're pretty nice.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

quote:

Ancestral Healing (R)
Rehgar can now self-cast Ancestral Healing

So now there will be moments where you miss-click in a hectic teamfight and your teammate with <100 health is going to be so disappointed.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Self cast ancestral was available originally and they removed it to offer some counter play right?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah it was back when rehgar was op for unrelated reasons. Not being able to self-cast didn't bother me but man I'm glad I won't have to hear about it anymore.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Dang the new skins look real good.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Oh and there's a new Pamajathur variant that's covered in blinking red hearts. Because Valentine's.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Nice, they nerfed Abathur's main playstyle.

https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/blog/22882354/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-patch-notes-february-4-2019-2019-2-4/#general

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

As a reminder regenerative microbes used to be at 62 hp/second with the level 1 talent, now it's 22 hp/second talentless. I am not an abathur fan like at all, but he seems really atrocious now (he hasn't been useful as anything but full carapace talents for a while now). Am I missing something? People don't seem to be freaking out on le reddit.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 5, 2019

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1092485443629838337

DECKARD PAIN

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
I foresee some janky teamfights getting completely lopsided with Ana's new piercing Horus rounds. Assuming it happens in some corridor, it'll go south pretty much instantly for the other team. Looking forward to seeing if I can pull it off (as Ana is probably my second most favorite hero).

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Mierenneuker posted:

I don’t think I’ll spent shards on a plush unicorn tho, Stitches’ riding animation for that is awful. He looks better on a magical cloud.

I was looking through the season/event skins and decided not to get one, the mount's animation is fantastic and goofy but it looks so weird with the rigid riding animations of basically any hero. Maybe worth it if you were a Murky one trick...

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i love putting that mount on characters with "evil" designs like diablo

the loving goblin is the best chogall mount possible though

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

Still mad that Cho'Gall can't carry Wonder William (because it is not a horse).

Diablo on a Wonder Billie is amazing tho. Such a brute riding on a goat that is way too small for him, fantastic.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ninjewtsu posted:

Glorious Garrosh or whatever he's called, the gold one, on treasure goblin is a fav of mine

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Mierenneuker posted:

Still mad that Cho'Gall can't carry Wonder William (because it is not a horse).

Diablo on a Wonder Billie is amazing tho. Such a brute riding on a goat that is way too small for him, fantastic.

Personally I'm partial to putting Diablo on a motorcycle, because it's still too small for him and makes it look like a toy.

Putting really edgy dudes on cutesy mounts never gets old either. Alarak on smiling rainbow cloud and Guldan on toy unicorn, yes please.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

diablo in his serious, rigid horse-riding animation as the stuffed unicorn he's on gently rocks back and forth and its head flops from side to side is loving hilarious

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

On Towers of Doom, the enemy core had 6 HP left and we had two of their forts. I convinced my team to go do boss at a really obvious and terrible time and then immediately ditched as soon as the entire enemy team (including an Abathur clone) appeared. Everyone died, our opponents got boss, and... we won, because I was on the other side of the map capping bot altar while everyone else was fighting.

I am the greatest Lucio ever.

Kith fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 7, 2019

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Big update from the Heroes team: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/heroes-of-the-storm-update-feb-08-2019/14370

The thing that stuck out to me the most was Gems can purchase Skins, and Gold can be turned into Shards. Obvious and good changes.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Are these assholes trying to get me to play their dead game again?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Nybble posted:

Big update from the Heroes team: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/heroes-of-the-storm-update-feb-08-2019/14370

The thing that stuck out to me the most was Gems can purchase Skins, and Gold can be turned into Shards. Obvious and good changes.

They took part of my advice.

So it begins.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Monthly dead game update incoming? :
https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/02/08/report-mass-layoffs-at-activision-blizzard-will-result-in-hundreds-of-lost-jobs

Will the necromancer take away his skeleton crew?

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Feb 9, 2019

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Capitalism sucks.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Charles Bukowski posted:

Capitalism sucks.

When your company makes literal billions of bucks but you didn't make even more billions, you can lose your job. Yay!

At least we can soon buy skins with premium fun money.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

Capitalism sucks.

Yee

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Patch is up. Time to buy whatever you want, finally!

Kith fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 12, 2019

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Make heroes cheaper dammit.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Hey look, I can finally get the only actual skin Mephisto has. Still not giving Blizz any money though.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Elysium posted:

Hey look, I can finally get the only actual skin Mephisto has. Still not giving Blizz any money though.

That's alright, they'll just take it from their employees.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

lol if you spend money on anything

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Definitely don’t spend any money on products you enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Definitely don’t spend any money on products you enjoy

They had a choice, sell a game for a fair price, or make it "free to play" in the hopes of fleecing whales of hundreds or thousands of dollars and tricking 9 year olds into spending their parents money through 3 layers of obfuscated currencies and gambling. I also have a choice. My choice is to play their game for free because they decided I could.