Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Niton posted:

Still puts them decades ahead of big chunks of the south! Mormons aren't "good" by any means, but for day-to-day interaction?they're infinitely preferable to a big' ol swathe of America as it stands.

That and they've routinely published criticism from within the church of where there's still remnants of bigotry, which I think is largely down to chuds being assholes personally to black mormons and nobody calling them out on it in the congregation. They ain't the Jesuits spreading liberation theology by a long shot but they also ain't the Augusta National either.

Find me a senator willing to say Gaza has a right to defend itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Godholio posted:

Almost none of the girls I knew from high school who started college finished, because they only went until they found someone to marry.

my dad told me they used to call that "studying for your MS"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
The Mrs Degree.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
When my stepbrother was a teenager living in Utah he told me "man I really don't like mormons it's crazy!". Then he turned 18, went on a mission. Came home and got married. He now has like 8 kids and dutifully gives 10% of his wages to the church.

poo poo is a cult yo.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Casimir Radon posted:

There are tons of Mormons who hate the idea of public land and want to be able to drive their 4 wheelers on top of archaeological sites.

I think that has less to do with being Mormon and more to do with 99% of residents of empty Western states are mouth breathers.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Man this is messed up, there got to be something we can do about thi- sHaLl NoT mEaNs ShAlL nOt

https://twitter.com/socialworkitout/status/1095417122203807744?s=21

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

She wasn’t choosey enough.

I am beaten

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Man this is messed up, there got to be something we can do about thi- sHaLl NoT mEaNs ShAlL nOt

https://twitter.com/socialworkitout/status/1095417122203807744?s=21

“I love my parents” is exactly what a parent would write. False flag!

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Super gross schools are putting kids through these ineffective drills

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Schools are in a tough position, because they need to placate parents that their children are "safe" but administrators and teachers know there's really nothing they can do.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

This poo poo day has been saved by someone successfully uploading the Gold Bond video GET IT WHILE IT'S MINTY

https://vimeo.com/316939410

Aaaaand it's gone after 9 hours. :rip:

I swear to god there's some E-3 at the pentagon whose only job is to search for that all day every day

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 13, 2019

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
someone needs to upload it as a private video and just share the link with those that haven't seen it yet.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Well traumatizing a generation with duck and cover drills still leaves an impact on people of that age. Guess we'll see what happens after we traumatize a generation with active shooter drills.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Mr. Nice! posted:

someone needs to upload it as a private video and just share the link with those that haven't seen it yet.

Yeah this.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What is it?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

I swear to god there's some E-3 at the pentagon whose only job is to search for that all day every day

Yeah I missed it and have no idea what anyone is talking about.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Terrible pilot "humor".

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Some F-16 pilots in Japan some years back made a silly video tribute to Gold Bond Powder (featuring a dick puppet and the lyrics "you're a golden breath mint for my balls") and any time anyone posts it on the internet, the Air Force has it taken down almost instantly.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I feel like I’ve read somewhere that part of the official punishment for the pilot who made that was that he was responsible for making sure it stayed off the internet, and that’s why it never stays up anywhere for longer than a few hours.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That was the least interesting forbidden video I’ve ever seen

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
About loving time, Donnie should've had his rear end dunked on days ago on this thing.

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1095683268693905410?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I mean, it's not like it'll have any impact on him

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean, it's not like it'll have any impact on him

No, but it's better than what was the typical suc dem response we'd have gotten even a year ago. Good on her.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Trump just tweeted a 69/Nice! joke.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1095699493440446464?s=21

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Looks like I need a namechange.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Welp we had a good run. Time to go to the old joke farm upstate.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
I hope trump has a stroke.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
He probably doesn't know the joke, as he uses the Nice! thing a lot, but that joke is loving dead as goatse.cx now.

I actually rather liked 69.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mom has spoken.

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1095700239418380288?s=21

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

*slamming fist on desk with every word*
Is there nothing sacred!?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The sitting President made a 69 joke on Twitter :psypop:

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

shame on an IGA posted:

McNally posted:

Some F-16 pilots in Japan some years back made a silly video tribute to Gold Bond Powder (featuring a dick puppet and the lyrics "you're a golden breath mint for my balls") and any time anyone posts it on the internet, the Air Force has it taken down almost instantly.

You might be giving them too much credit, although, the takedown request is interesting. It's filed by IF Productions which is Dutch production company run by twin sisters, and while it's customary to provide some information with the requests, this one is lacking in details.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Schools are in a tough position, because they need to placate parents that their children are "safe" but administrators and teachers know there's really nothing they can do.

Considering how a school shooting taking place at any given school is an extremely low probability but super high impact events, yeah, lockdown drills probably do more harm than good, as it does when rear end in a top hat kids vote their classmates “most likely to be a school shooter” or whatever. It’d be a better time of time and resources to instruct kids and teachers on basic first aid/stop the bleed- not just for something like that, but for the infinitely more likely “my friend fell off their bike and they’re really hurt, what should I do?”

Oh yeah and maybe figuring out a way to keep assholes/violent psychopaths from getting weapons of any kind, but that’s really out of the hands of anyone in the educational system.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

Why does it get deleted so quickly?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

DoktorLoken posted:

Because the Air Force cannot have anyone make a dick joke in public.

THEY HAVE A REPUTATION TO UPHOLD!!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm keeping 69, it's not his. :colbert:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

DoktorLoken posted:

The Pentagon doesn't want the rest of the military to know what unit cohesion and high morale looks like.

e:f;b

Double edit: though, I wonder how this stayed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m4mnIFWi9o

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 13, 2019

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

42069 DEAD COPS SUCK MY DICK FROM THE BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Also looks like Lyndon LaRouche died.

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2019/2/12/1834283/-Lyndon-LaRouche-has-died-but-his-CTs-live-on

Group choir practice tonight is going to be a real downer.