Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Ewar Woowar posted:

Sanchez is the worst signing in the premier league ever. Change my mind.

Failcow

Actually, no one really ended up stuck with him, except Monaco.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

pik_d posted:

Failcow

Actually, no one really ended up stuck with him, except Monaco.

Nah Sanchez is worse. Not only is he useless on the pitch, he hosed up United's whole wage structure and is causing other people to also demand Januzaj-level wages.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Pooshited

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Ewar Woowar posted:

Sanchez is the worst signing in the premier league ever. Change my mind.

Sala?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Torres to Chelsea

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Diego Forlan? Considering how good he was before and after his time at United.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Nah, as much as Torres was a shadow of his Liverpool self and Forlan took ages to produce fairly meager results, Sanchez has got to be on a level of his own.

I can't be arsed to check, but I'll be surprised if he's put in more than 5 good games for United since he's been here. He's on astronomical wages and is actively the worst player in the team almost every time he plays. And because he's on such insane wages, United can't shift him either.

Stand up and take a bow for your legacy, Jose.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bundy posted:

Diego Forlan? Considering how good he was before and after his time at United.

Forlan wasn't nearly as bad as he was made out to be when he was at United. Sure he didn't score like he was supposed to but he worked hard and didn't actively make the team worse when he was on the pitch like Alexis does.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Der Shovel posted:

Nah, as much as Torres was a shadow of his Liverpool self and Forlan took ages to produce fairly meager results, Sanchez has got to be on a level of his own.

I can't be arsed to check, but I'll be surprised if he's put in more than 5 good games for United since he's been here. He's on astronomical wages and is actively the worst player in the team almost every time he plays. And because he's on such insane wages, United can't shift him either.

Stand up and take a bow for your legacy, Jose.

I feel like you're giving Woodward a major pass here.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

At least they didn't pay a transfer fee for Sanchez. They even got an expensive useless player off their books.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

The number 7 shirt has been a curse since Ronaldo left.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Maybe Soldado at Spurs? Club record at the time for a transfer fee, scored 7 in 52. Torres was terrible too 20 in 110 is pretty similar.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
If your suggestion for worst signing of all time is a guy who scored less goals than expected and didn't explosively meltdown or turn out to be a scam artist then he's almost certainly not the worst.

My suggestions are Andy van der Meyde, straight red on his debut, became an alcoholic, fell in love with a Liverpool stripper which ended his marriage and made 20 appearances over 5 years or a comedy write in vote for fatty Thomas Brolin at Palace especially when the new owner tried to make him assistant manager to Lombardo and Ali Dia if one month contracts count.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Was Mutu a striker?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
For some reason i thought Morientes' stint at Liverpool was horrendously bad, I mean 12 in 60 isnt great...

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Totally fair, I would imagine the responses from people following the league for more than the last decade are going to be way funnier/accurate.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Bundy posted:

Was Mutu a striker?

Yeah, I thought about including him but what happened to him is utter bullshit especially given the level of organised cheating that has taken place since that time with governments actively surpressing investigations

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Worst signing of all time outside the Prem has to be Woodgate to Real...

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Boumsong to Newcastle was disastrous

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

CyberPingu posted:

Worst signing of all time outside the Prem has to be Woodgate to Real...

I think Zlatan to Barca for 50 million and Eto the other way is hilariously bad given the context, not suggesting that Zlatan was bad or that it was his fault in any way but just from every angle it's a real doozy.

Other notables are Denilson in '98 to Betis for 5 billion pounds scoring 13 goals in 186 appearances, and maybe Robbie KEane to boyhood club Inter.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Ungratek posted:

Boumsong to Newcastle was disastrous

I'd blame that on having to play alongside the legend that is Titus Bramble, I'm sure he said there were things going on his personal life as well although I have no idea what that consisted of or even if it was real.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Ali Dia has to be the winner there.

El-Hadji Diouf to Liverpool might be a distant second or third given what was foresaken to make it happen. I’m sure others can think of

Van Der Meyde was pretty bad too. I like how he blamed much of his troubles on having to turn down Monaco for Everton because his wife wouldn’t have room for her exotic animal collection in Monaco. He also had a big cocaine problem.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1095757223320584193

*Counts the CBs on his fingers
:gonk:

Vertonghen is the LWB

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
Love a bit of Big Jan getting forward, tbh

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
COYS!!!

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

CyberPingu posted:

For some reason i thought Morientes' stint at Liverpool was horrendously bad, I mean 12 in 60 isnt great...
He was pretty pretty pretty pretty bad.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Why are so many minutes silence getting hosed up this season ive never seen it be an issue before

It's happened once when I've been at a match and very nearly happened at a second

Happened last night as well

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Jose posted:

Why are so many minutes silence getting hosed up this season ive never seen it be an issue before

It's happened once when I've been at a match and very nearly happened at a second

Seems like once people started clapping instead they can't do one or the other anymore

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I get that but that started and was a silence for a while

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
lol at the first pass to Pulisic

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

That would have been a heck of a volley

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Aurier getting sent off tonight then

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Jose posted:

Aurier getting sent off tonight then

Free money at this point

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnig posted:

Forlan wasn't nearly as bad as he was made out to be when he was at United. Sure he didn't score like he was supposed to but he worked hard and didn't actively make the team worse when he was on the pitch like Alexis does.

Veron to man u was a worse transfer than Forlan

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Foyth will be the death of me

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Foyth is a disaster

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
just kick it up the field lol