Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
How the hell did I get 1200 posts behind? Did anything actually happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

We talked about Bowsette for a while

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
We were just reciting our favorite gamer words.

"level up"

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
"min-maxing"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The big news yesterday you might have missed is that Blizzard made record breaking profits in 2018 and as a reward to their employees, laid off 800 of them.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I said come in! posted:

The big news yesterday you might have missed is that Blizzard made record breaking profits in 2018 and as a reward to their employees, laid off 800 of them.
:thermidor:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I saw that. Between that, Buzzfeed and I think a third company posting record profits but also posting record profits, while also having a government shut down that left people forced to work without pay, the theme of this year really seems to be "UNIONIZE"

I also did start playing Overwatch again right about the time that news hit, so sorry everyone.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

LawfulWaffle posted:

We were just reciting our favorite gamer words.

"level up"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7oHvaAn7Ds

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As your #1 scoopsgal I can break the news that today's Nintendo Direct will be promoting a new Pilotwings for the Switch and announcing Cooking Mama as Smash DLC

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

they're announcing that they're renaming it the nintendo swanch

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Swiitch U coming out

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

they're announcing that they're renaming it the nintendo swanch

No, they're clearly gonna rename it The New Nintendo Wii U

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Switchi

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Rather than showing off a new character, they're going to announce that they're removing one from Smash.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The RE2 dlc coming out this weekend is 3 timed maps with score based killstreaks...thank you Capcom

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

Rather than showing off a new character, they're going to announce that they're removing one from Smash.

Hell yeah gently caress off Mario

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

All Capcom needs to do to finish their phoenix-like rising from the ashes is to revive Breath of Fire

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Harrow posted:

All Capcom needs to do to finish their phoenix-like rising from the ashes is to revive Breath of Fire

Megamans X, Zero, and Legends first, then BoF.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Rarity posted:

As your #1 scoopsgal I can break the news that today's Nintendo Direct will be promoting a new Pilotwings for the Switch and announcing Cooking Mama as Smash DLC

I want nothing more than I want a new Pilotwings don't toy with me like this :smith:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

chumbler posted:

Megamans X, Zero, and Legends first, then BoF.

The gunvolt games have been good games in this vein

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ciaphas posted:

I want nothing more than I want a new Pilotwings don't toy with me like this :smith:

100 jetpacs fly towards an island...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I said "revive" not "practice vile necromancy to make its rotting corpse dance for perverse amusement"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Rarity posted:

100 jetpacs fly towards an island...

on the island, 100 gyrocopters, armed and ready to fly...

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Cooking Mama BR where the cooking gets faster and more difficult until there is only one Mama left

The rest are killed

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

The RE2 dlc coming out this weekend is 3 timed maps with score based killstreaks...thank you Capcom

you can just say mercenaries mode i think we’d all get it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's not really Mercenaries mode though it seems a little different. Because it's a map with a goal, it's like a mix between Mercenaries and HUNK mode.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

The gunvolt games have been good games in this vein

They're alright, but it's not the same. Who knows when the Copen one will finally come out, but it should be good.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

It's not really Mercenaries mode though it seems a little different. Because it's a map with a goal, it's like a mix between Mercenaries and HUNK mode.

oic

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Games can be fun sometimes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

In Training posted:

it's like a mix between Mercenaries and HUNK mode.

Playing Mercenaries as Chris, you mean?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Chris redfield is hunk mode

e: f;b

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I know it's more a thing about main characters in serial animes but it is almost kind of staggering how long the character trailer for Jump Force goes on and how few of the characters shown are women. Like I thought Fighterz was bad in this regard but it looks so much worse when your pulling from so many series.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

axelblaze posted:

I know it's more a thing about main characters in serial animes but it is almost kind of staggering how long the character trailer for Jump Force goes on and how few of the characters shown are women. Like I thought Fighterz was bad in this regard but it looks so much worse when your pulling from so many series.

It's a magazine for teenage boys

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Jump was written for boys.

Ah, a ninja!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

Fools, depression can only be surmounted by overloading your body into a state of total physical exhaustion before the ravages of time and a poor diet can do that for you.

That has to be the most roundabout way you ever said "run a marathon"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Playing Chris Redfield is HUNK mode

Also Jump was written for boys

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

playing as chris redfield is jump mode, also HUNK is written for boys

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

playing as jump is boys mode, also HUNK is written for Chris Redfield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's still not great and they have a tendency to handle their female casts poorly even beyond that, but yeah, Jump Force is largely drawing from action comics for boys. The demo labels as a whole aren't that hard set a sole signifier of readers or content, but what you see is what you get for the most part in this case.