Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Over There posted:

Pretty sure I saw this joke all around the forums the day it happened

none of those goons were stupid enough to do it with their irl names attached to the post though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

the item durability in botw is good

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I was really confused when I first heard about “Obama speechwriter Jon Favreau” until I discovered that he’s a different, and somehow even lamer, Jon Favreau than the guy who directed Cowboys & Aliens.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Andrast posted:

true with a couple specific exceptions!!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Andrast posted:

*looks back on last couple pages*

okay?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

*looks back on last couple pages*

okay?

How am I supposed to stop the politics talk otherwise?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Well okay but there's no need to lie :hehe:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Ariana is cool and good imo.

Anyway I’ve never played a FE game before even though I like SRPGs so I hope this one is cool and good.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
BOTW 2 includes horse durability

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

FastestGunAlive posted:

MMF Freeway posted:

Well okay but there's no need to lie :hehe:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Andrast posted:

It is. It encourages exploration and improvisation

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/1095752249442131968

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

FastestGunAlive posted:

I’ve never played a FE game before even though I like SRPGs

:chloe:

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

FastestGunAlive posted:

Anyway I’ve never played a FE game before even though I like SRPGs so I hope this one is cool and good.

I played one, and it was.. very romance side game heavy, which is not what I play video games for.

The tactics combat was alright, but i didn’t give a drat about which characters I shipped together to get the best future baby, or whatever the crap was happening in that plot line.

Just give me final fantasy tactics on the switch already please.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I refuse.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

onesixtwo posted:

As long as it's a new one (FFT A3).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

onesixtwo posted:

I played one, and it was.. very romance side game heavy, which is not what I play video games for.

The tactics combat was alright, but i didn’t give a drat about which characters I shipped together to get the best future baby, or whatever the crap was happening in that plot line.

Awakening is one of the worse ones as far as the tactical gameplay goes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

less laughter posted:

Why would you want A3 instead of just FFT2

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So in 5-7 minutes , is the direct going to show up on the Switch news channel? Is YouTube the better place to check it?

Edit: gently caress nevermind, I'm not in EST, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 13, 2019

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

less laughter posted:

Unironically :same:

I adore the Tactics Advance games.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Watch the new Animal Crossing have really good Amiibo functionality, and everybody has to go digging for the Animal Crossing Amiibos that got thrown out as unsellable last year

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GreenNight posted:

You're right. Truths are pretty left wing nowadays.

American liberals aren’t left wing.:lol:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So in 5-7 minutes , is the direct going to show up on the Switch news channel? Is it a YouTube the better place to check it?

Edit: gently caress nevermind, I'm not in EST, I don't know what I'm talking about.

It will show up on the news channel after it plays on youtube/nintendo.com.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

new FFT, but let Subset Games develop it.

holy poo poo i'm a genius

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So in 5-7 minutes , is the direct going to show up on the Switch news channel? Is it a YouTube the better place to check it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrzjABuUS94

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Andrast posted:

Hah, that wouldn’t surprise me, and that is good to hear. It wasn’t an awful game, just didn’t really explain all the hype surrounding the franchise to me at first pass. I’ll be cautiously optimistic for the switch version reviews, and just hope they don’t do the whole three game split model again.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

onesixtwo posted:

Hah, that wouldn’t surprise me, and that is good to hear. It wasn’t an awful game, just didn’t really explain all the hype surrounding the franchise to me at first pass. I’ll be cautiously optimistic for the switch version reviews, and just hope they don’t do the whole three game split model again.

I don't think they are dumb enough to do that again

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

i thought it was pretty cool that they added some tactical gameplay to the soldier smooching simulator but it was definitely secondary to the main game (soldiers smooching)

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Andrast posted:

How am I supposed to stop the politics talk otherwise?

Super Mario 2 and Kirby are out now!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Gripweed posted:

Watch the new Animal Crossing have really good Amiibo functionality, and everybody has to go digging for the Animal Crossing Amiibos that got thrown out as unsellable last year

Luckily they're still around most Five Below/Dollar Store/Dollar Tree here in the States.

People could have gotten some real good deals on them in the last two to three years at various times. Especially when places were just liquidating their stock some Toys R Us had buy one get three/four free deals and this was even before the chain announced they were shutting down.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Man I loved Awakening but it would have been nice if even one of its difficulty settings struck a decent balance between way too easy and way too hard

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

Man I loved Awakening but it would have been nice if even one of its difficulty settings struck a decent balance between way too easy and way too hard

The overpowered pair up mechanic (combined with the really high stat growths) in Awakening makes it kind of impossible to balance. Fates made pair-up much more reasonable but I honestly prefer not having it at all (and it looks like Three houses is doing just that).

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

The overpowered pair up mechanic (combined with the really high stat growths) in Awakening makes it kind of impossible to balance. Fates made pair-up much more reasonable but I honestly prefer not having it at all (and it looks like Three houses is doing just that).

I thought the biggest issue with Awakening's combat was the map design (or lack thereof). Nearly all the maps are just big open spaces filled with enemies, usually tons of flyers and nearly every enemy has ranged attacks - there are no chokes or other tactical ways to approach combat other than overpowering the enemy with numbers so every fight becomes the same kinda brawl.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Your Computer posted:

I thought the biggest issue with Awakening's combat was the map design (or lack thereof). Nearly all the maps are just big open spaces filled with enemies, usually tons of flyers and nearly every enemy has ranged attacks - there are no chokes or other tactical ways to approach combat other than overpowering the enemy with numbers so every fight becomes the same kinda brawl.

You thought right

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?
Forty minutes until thirty-five minutes of a goose being an rear end in a top hat.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

If goose game isn't at least 20+hours of handcrafted levels, what will all this wait have been for?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
where s the direct nintendo

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
they better not title the goose game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Silver Falcon posted:

I adore the Tactics Advance games.

I didn't even realize that they were plural.

I kinda enjoyed the first one though I remember being rather frustrated at it 'cause I was likely comparing it to regular FFT.

I may have to give the sequel a spin just 'cause I do enjoy me my tactics games but don't always want Disgaea's silliness.

Can it be made to be difficult without too many self-imposed restrictions?