Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Welp now if it’s literally anything else I’ll be massively disapppointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Hawkgirl posted:

Welp now if it’s literally anything else I’ll be massively disapppointed

Kristin Bell retweeted this earlier (note the username):

https://twitter.com/IMKristenBell/status/1095740924347305984

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I had to rewatch and slow down the video a few times, I thought that girl was just Anna. But it's just the hair style on this new girl is VERY similar to the new one that gave Anna

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Argue posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSLe4HuKuK0

I'm all in for Elsa becoming a superhero with her own training montage and Anna learning swordfighting. Now someone just has to give her a keyblade.

I barely cared about Frozen, but this trailer is kind of making me feel excited for Frozen 2.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I appreciate Kristoff becoming The Reindeer King

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think it's going to turn out the winter powers aren't a curse and there's one for every season like in the surprisingly good tinker bell films

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Or in the American Anime RWBY! :v:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pick posted:

I think it's going to turn out the winter powers aren't a curse and there's one for every season like in the surprisingly good tinker bell films

Get out of my head, I was just thinking that.

Edit:

Also, from the trailer it looks like a dude might be the one with the Fall powers. The one in the coat who bursts out of the leaves.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 13, 2019

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

Yes!

Regalingualius posted:

Or in the American Anime RWBY! :v:

The show with the pedophile?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I always find the line in the original movie where Anna is wishing her sister had tropical powers kind of funny, because my god if her ice is this destructive, I would not want to see her wielding any sort of heat powers. Arendell could be thawed, but if it were burned to the ground it would have been a waaaay bigger job.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I've still never seen Frozen and kind of have no interest to but I want to see Frozen 2 opening day.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Shneak posted:

I've still never seen Frozen and kind of have no interest to but I want to see Frozen 2 opening day.

Having been forced to see it dozens of times it’s pretty good, considering I haven’t been driven mad. Definitely give it a watch.

Edit: I just told my daughter there’s a sequel coming and she went into exaggerated stunned silence and pratfell onto a cushioned bench.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 13, 2019

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
So we've got Elsa as a sorcerer, Anna training to be the fighter, Kristoff is clearly some kind of druid/ranger with those elks... And I guess Olaf is the bard.

That's not a bad party. I'm down.

CeallaSo fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 14, 2019

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
No Tank, it'll fail

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Queen Combat posted:

No Tank, it'll fail

Kristoff's pretty beefy, he could dual Tank/Druid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGj-atRlTk0

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Queen Combat posted:

No Tank, it'll fail

Marshmallow is the tank

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Queen Combat posted:

No Tank, it'll fail

Sven the reindeer is your tank. You can get rides from him and everything!

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i can't believe elsa is jaina proudmoore

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I really dig Elsa struggling to repeat/overcome her parents' deaths with the waves.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Shneak posted:

I have a very strong, very stupid hate for Frozen (which I have seen about 20 times due to work-related reasons...) and I do not think it is a good movie. But it is worth a watch at least once, it does have some beautifully animated moments, even if I think it's mostly pretty lazy and nowhere near as nice to look at as Tangled or gently caress, that teaser. And I am excited for Frozen 2 now.

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I really dig Elsa struggling to repeat/overcome her parents' deaths with the waves.

I did actually like that quite a lot.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Frozen is ok but I like the music less and less every time I hear it.

I can’t hear half the songs without seeing cringey white people lipsyncing in their cars about finishing sandwiches

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Queen Combat posted:

No Tank, it'll fail
I mean in FFXIV the swordsmen tend to be the tanks

Though in FFXIV the Bard and the Ranger are also the same thing, so maybe not applicable here

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Argue posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSLe4HuKuK0

I'm all in for Elsa becoming a superhero with her own training montage and Anna learning swordfighting. Now someone just has to give her a keyblade.

That was way more like an MCU trailer than I expected, especially the opening scene with the stormy sea.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Queen Combat posted:

Yes!

The show with the pedophile?

Boy did I miss something in the last season.

Edit: Oh never mind. Never knew who did the voice work but it looks like Rooster Teeth finally was pressured enough to cut ties with Vic.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/2/5/18212141/vic-mignogna-fired-rooster-teeth-rwby-sexual-harassment

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Feb 14, 2019

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Hedrigall posted:

Frozen is ok but I like the music less and less every time I hear it.

I can’t hear half the songs without seeing cringey white people lipsyncing in their cars about finishing sandwiches

Yeah the Lopez-Anderson crew are good but no one beats Alan Menken.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
will smith genie is legitimately making me lose my poo poo

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
i don't remember the last time i was so happy

e: wait yes i do, it was when the last airbender reviews started dropping

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
this is a gift i never expected, nor wanted, nor really conceived would ever come unto us, but now it's here and we all have no choice but to contemplate it

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
actually i think i just love will smith, like i know he's a scientologist and i don't remember ever enjoying any of his films but he himself seems dedicated to some bizarre but very specific magical cosmic mission that requires him to constantly do stuff like this and i for one appreciate it

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
This... isn't the schadenfreude thread

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
every thread is my schadenfreude thread

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I've actually grown to like Frozen a lot more after having my kids watch it repeatedly, surprisingly enough. I've always given Tangled the edge, and I still think it's got a higher "likability" factor, but I appreciate the tight, confident, efficient storytelling of Frozen. (Well, except the trolls I guess, their scene doesn't really do anything.) Count me as another one who's strangely pumped about this.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I really don't know how, but I've still managed to avoid actually hearing the original let it go song. A billion people referencing it, of course, but not the song from the movie itself

I do need to see tangled though. I hear it's fantastic and the slack-jawed gape from the main dude's emotional concept sketches has been my steam avatar forever, but I just haven't seen it.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Frozen 2 would be a better film by default if it opens with those loving trolls being wiped-out by a logging-company.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Frozen 3: Scorched

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

the troll's song is probably the worst part, it's not really funny, stops the action dead and it makes them come off as selfish morons at best given Kristoff was there to try to get them to help keep Anna from dying.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Disney is 0 for 2 when it comes to comedy sidekicks made of stone who dispense love advice in song form

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

That's a great trailer. I'm intrigued. It looks more like an action adventure movie than what I would expect. Almost like frozen was just the beginning of elsa's superhero origin story. Maybe there will be a post credits scene that links to Moana, building towards a shared cinematic universe of Disney Warrior Princesses.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Shuri is a Disney Princess. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Moon Atari posted:

building towards a shared cinematic universe of Disney Warrior Princesses.

They did this already sort of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9r32VJ1QCc