Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Did Martavis do anything with the Raiders after being traded?

Had one good game with few reps against the Chargers where he caught a couple of deep balls. Other than that...yeah a bunch of nothing when he did get on the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I kinda miss the days of warcrimes excitedly posting training camp highlights of Martavis Bryant

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Cole Beasley is bound for New England.

Patriots roll out an all slot WR core next year:

Julian Edelman
Adam Humphries
Cole Beasley
Hunter Renfro

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

DariusLikewise posted:

You can always sign 31 year old Golden Tate to cuck your QB

He's going to bang Giselle

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Already seeing "Pats should trade for ODB" takes lmao

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

sean10mm posted:

Already seeing "Pats should trade for ODB" takes lmao

If Gronk retires then gently caress it, do it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Joe Flacco posting similar stats while throwing to total garbage and recovering from an ACL tear highlight how much better he is than Keenum. It's a ton of money but Flacco is a huge upgrade. If Denver gets a decent OC they'll compete this year.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Declan MacManus posted:

super bowl mvp julian edelman and a pick

gotta sell high

nobody's gonna fall for that

Kalli posted:

Here's the list of FA WR's btw (there's more at the link, but this is most of the relevant ones)

https://overthecap.com/free-agency/

Cole Beasley to the Patriots. Book it

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
John Brown's gonna be good for someone. His production dropped off due to the switch to a run-heavy offense and Jackson's deep ball inaccuracy, but he was really effective before that.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Desean Jackson will likely be a free agent as well.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Gronk retires then gently caress it, do it.

I unironically want the Patriots to burn down their future to wring as much funslinging out of Brady's dusty bones as possible. But at this point I think it's clear they'll never, ever do it, and will just keep on trucking like they always do.

Of course you can't argue with the results, but he's gonna be 42 next season lmao. I say gently caress everything and turn 2020+ into a salary cap hellscape to give him all the weapons in 2019.

e: What is the worst salary cap trouble an NFL team ever got into in terms of just not being able to spend on any actual players for years?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

sean10mm posted:

I unironically want the Patriots to burn down their future to wring as much funslinging out of Brady's dusty bones as possible. But at this point I think it's clear they'll never, ever do it, and will just keep on trucking like they always do.

Of course you can't argue with the results, but he's gonna be 42 next season lmao. I say gently caress everything and turn 2020+ into a salary cap hellscape to give him all the weapons in 2019.

how bout he just dies instead

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Play posted:

how bout he just dies instead

*Looks at entire history of football this millenium*

Yeah good luck with that.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

LeVeon Bell will have more receptions in TYOOL19 than anyone on that WR list.

e: I would sign Humphries though.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

sean10mm posted:

*Looks at entire history of football this millenium*

Yeah good luck with that.

I'll take his worst performance ever in a Super Bowl. The decline has started, and it ends in death. Sweet sweet death

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Watch Brady's decline coincide nicely with Sony Michel's ascendance into elite running back, allowing another 5 glorious years of Patriots supremacy.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

You can always sign 31 year old Golden Tate to cuck your QB
seems like a perfect fit for Pittsburgh, stairway to 7 y'all :getin:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Flacco wasn’t benched for performance reasons last year. Wasn’t he a solid starter? Why are we trashing Elway for getting him for a fourth rounder?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Joe Flacco posting similar stats while throwing to total garbage and recovering from an ACL tear highlight how much better he is than Keenum. It's a ton of money but Flacco is a huge upgrade. If Denver gets a decent OC they'll compete this year.

yeah now that he's going to Denver he can throw to

uh

ah

hm

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Watch Brady's decline coincide nicely with Sony Michel's ascendance into elite running back, allowing another 5 glorious years of Patriots supremacy.
They'll be lucky to get two more years out of his knees.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

Flacco wasn’t benched for performance reasons last year. Wasn’t he a solid starter? Why are we trashing Elway for getting him for a fourth rounder?
He's replacing a stopgap starter with another stopgap starter and paying out the rear end for it in cap room and actual dollars.

His ceiling is like the 25th best starter in the league at this point.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The Broncos, a middling team, are dedicating $29 million of their salary cap to Case Keenum and Joe Flacco, and gave up a decent draft pick to do so.

It's honestly one of the worst football trades I can remember.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 13, 2019

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

He's replacing a stopgap starter with another stopgap starter and paying out the rear end for it in cap room and actual dollars.

His ceiling is like the 25th best starter in the league at this point.

If you go by DVOA he was like 16th! He could be as good as league average next year!

Though even if you buy that then they're spending out the rear end to get something between Kirk Cousins and Mitch Trubisky.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

If you go by DVOA he was like 16th! He could be as good as league average next year!

Though even if you buy that then they're spending out the rear end to get something between Kirk Cousins and Mitch Trubisky.

On the other hand, he only had 6.5 yards per attempt in 2019. Good for 32nd among qualifying QBs this year, only beating Josh Rosen. Nick MULLENS, a guy none of us had ever heard of before, had 8.3

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kelvin has been working out and getting back in shape.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Also why is nobody talking about my boy Jacoby. To me he's one of the most attractive options out there for QB-needy teams.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

They'll be lucky to get two more years out of his knees.

100% agree

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Play posted:

Also why is nobody talking about my boy Jacoby. To me he's one of the most attractive options out there for QB-needy teams.

Brissett is not the answer for anyone needing a QB1. He does not make low to mid percentage throws, which results in very safe plays and holding onto the ball for far too long. He's top tier QB2, but teams would quickly be frustrated with him for a full 16 games. Also, Ballard probably wants more than a 2nd round pick for him soooo

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1095792410167144450?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

e: I would sign Humphries though.

Looks like he's gonna get around $8m per, no way the Bucs can keep him at that. I'm sad now.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Shadow225 posted:

Brissett is not the answer for anyone needing a QB1. He does not make low to mid percentage throws, which results in very safe plays and holding onto the ball for far too long. He's top tier QB2, but teams would quickly be frustrated with him for a full 16 games. Also, Ballard probably wants more than a 2nd round pick for him soooo

In other words, the perfect placeholder. I don't think you're giving him enough credit on his abilities, either. He can make some sweet throws. Personally I'd like to see him starting for a team now that Luck is fully healthy, he plays better than plenty of guys who took a lot of snaps last season. He also didn't get a legit shot, playing behind the worst offensive line in the league in 2017.

Them not wanting to trade him is a barrier, sure. But a 2nd wouldn't be insane for a team that isn't able to get who they want in the draft/free agency. Several teams might be in that situation, and personally I'd take him above Flacco, above Tannehill, above anyone except Foles.

The main issue is the ball doesn't really come out of his hand quickly. Like the actual velocity of the ball seems a bit low, but that's a common problem across most of the NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy0TDUjgFRc

anyways thanks for engaging me and allowing me to talk at you

Play fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 13, 2019

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

In a WR free agency this weak theres no way we bring back Tyrell Williams.

Oh well.

Tyrell is somewhat inconsistent but he's a good player and he'll be paid elsewhere. The Chargers can lose him and Travis Benjamin and still be in pretty decent position for the future, with Allen/M. Williams and Henry coming back from his ACL tear. It wouldn't hurt for us to take a guy in the middle rounds though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If someone pays a 2nd or better for Jacoby then it will further cement my anguish when we lost Ballard as he is apparently the best GM in the league now, as we thought he could be one day.

Nov 6, 2002

Jacoby has enough potential to be worth a 2nd.

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1095723809745850368?s=20

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
the Paxton tradeup was so bad too because it absolutely reeked of "oh poo poo, Manning retired and Brock left for Houston*, let's just trade up and draft a tall QB with a bad windup" desperation move.

*in retrospect they dodged a bullet on that one, but it's not exactly like Elway didn't try and sign him.

Nov 6, 2002

Well they at least got a 2nd for Brock which in hindsight is pretty funny.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The Chiefs would have drafted Paxton Lynch had Denver passed on him. He wouldn’t have worked out but Mahomes would probably be a Saint or something. Thank you Elway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
On a personal level I'm mad as hell another QB I like is going to goddamn Denver