Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?

Woof Blitzer posted:

If you post xkcd... we are enemies

Bring it :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:siren:WARNING NUCLEAR HOT TAKE DETECTED:siren:

:allears: @ folks ITT expressing more concern about a broken machine on another planet than the millions of people literally starving to death on this one.

this seems like something to take up with Abuela

Epiphyte
Apr 7, 2006

https://youtu.be/rjQtzV9IZ0Q

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

McNally posted:

Maybe some of us view this news as a welcome distraction from the unending misery that is life and a brief moment of marvel at the engineering achievement coupled with an animistic sadness at the end of Opportunity's mission offers us a respite from the knowledge the world may very well stop being capable of supporting human life during our lifetimes.

It's almost as though some of us are complex beings capable of paying attention to multiple things.

Eat Arby’s.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

seeing a lot of shitposts, none of them saying why i'm wrong :shuckyes:

Those little machines represent hope

Now hope is dead

Hth

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We're all going to end our lives on this miserable dying planet while post-2016 N4I does his damndest to make us feel even worse. The smarmiest of hells.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

seeing a lot of shitposts, none of them saying why i'm wrong :shuckyes:

poo poo posts deserve poo poo responses

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Madurai posted:

Machines are valuable, though.

yikes

crazyivan45 posted:

I for one feel more of a connection to a dead piece of machinery on another planet than I due to the vast majority of human beings

yikes

MA-Horus posted:

this but actually though

Those machines have worth and vastly exceeded all of their design parameters. They are triumphs of engineering and deserve our respect

yikes

e:

McNally posted:

Maybe some of us view this news as a welcome distraction from the unending misery that is life and a brief moment of marvel at the engineering achievement coupled with an animistic sadness at the end of Opportunity's mission offers us a respite from the knowledge the world may very well stop being capable of supporting human life during our lifetimes.

It's almost as though some of us are complex beings capable of paying attention to multiple things.

good guy mcnally with the not a psycho take

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

When you're too racist in your patriotism for Colorado Springs

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:allears: @ folks ITT expressing more concern about a broken machine on another planet than the millions of people literally starving to death on this one.

It's not an either or problem, my dude. We can feel different emotions for multiple things at once.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

holocaust bloopers posted:

To be fair, if it were me that headline would’ve read “President Bloopers installed a full-size flight simulator to pretend fly DCS: F-14 Tomcat.”

"Mr. President, do you wear a Maverick or Iceman helmet while you fly?"
*President begins looking for helmet*
First Lady to President: "Inappropriate circumstances."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

One death is a tragedy. A million is a statistic. Non-whites are irrelevant. Eat Arby's. gently caress to Kill. Kill to gently caress. Obey. Consume. Reproduce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

yet here you post on that particular tangent

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Woof Blitzer posted:

If you post xkcd... we are enemies

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
It doesn't show up in Leper's Colony but goddamnit I'm not letting my work go to waste.

https://i.imgur.com/IPq005F.mp4

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

McNally posted:

It doesn't show up in Leper's Colony but goddamnit I'm not letting my work go to waste.

:perfect:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Mandatory paycheck garnishment, way of the future!

quote:

Under Alexander's proposal, there would be just two repayment routes: one in which borrowers' monthly bills are capped at 10 percent of their discretionary income and another that spreads their payments out over a decade. Employers would be responsible for taking the funds from their employees' paychecks and sending them to the government. (Of course, student loan borrowers currently can set up automatic payments with their lender. They also typically get a discount on their interest rate for doing so.)

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/02/13/a-gop-proposal-would-snatch-your-student-loan-payment-right-from-your-paycheck.html

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

McNally posted:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Madurai posted:

Machines are valuable, though.

Are you though?

crazyivan45 posted:

I for one feel more of a connection to a dead piece of machinery on another planet than I due to the vast majority of human beings

You've definitely tried to gently caress your computer.

MA-Horus posted:

this but actually though

Those machines have worth and vastly exceeded all of their design parameters. They are triumphs of engineering and deserve our respect

Why don't you suck freon out of skynet's rear end about it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Fortunately it's a GOP proposal and we're almost in full election cycle so it'll never happen.

I need to get this rid of my remaining loans ASAP though, holy loving poo poo.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Start at 1:30, it's p. good

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/status/1095806486826102784?s=19

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Vasudus posted:

Fortunately it's a GOP proposal and we're almost in full election cycle so it'll never happen.

I need to get this rid of my remaining loans ASAP though, holy loving poo poo.

Standard GOP. Don't try to fix the actual problem, which is school prices skyrocketing for no reason, try to gently caress the people already hosed by the problem.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

most of the IBR/PAYE plans are capped at 10% of discretionary so I am assuming that worthless son of a bitch also slipped in a new calculation for discretionary income that makes it more like 40% of all income.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

most of the IBR/PAYE plans are capped at 10% of discretionary so I am assuming that worthless son of a bitch also slipped in a new calculation for discretionary income that makes it more like 40% of all income.

It absolutely does. A fiver says that it takes things like the incredibly flawed HUD calculations saying that you shouldn't spend more than 20% of your income on housing, etc.

When I was on the GI Bill, my housing costs were ~50% of what the GI Bill provided and ~30% of my total income. I was living in an area that was cheap.

When I first moved to VA, my housing costs were ~65% of my (slightly above market) paycheck, and roughly 50% of my total income.

This isn't about ~just live somewhere within your means~ because I absolutely was, paying roughly 10-15% below market by sheer luck. It was because I didn't have anybody else to support me.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

They were probably only getting minimum wage, which is $11.10/hr here, went up $.90 from last year.

He was on tv last night sniveling about how nike makes all the jerseys now and boo hoo.

ok, and how much will they make when the doors are locked?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Genuinely surprised they aren't outright calling for the return of debtor's prison and complete asset seizure for failure to repay a financial overlord. What could possibly be worse to their donors than not giving them money?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Standard GOP. Don't try to fix the actual problem, which is school prices skyrocketing for no reason, try to gently caress the people already hosed by the problem.

Got to love how the article states that there is $2 trillion in outstanding loans.

We just passed a 1.5 trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy and corporations, which did literally nothing for the economy. I guarantee that if we instantly forgave all student loans, all that money that everyone is paying monthly would instantly go into the economy. I'd be able to afford more things for sure. People would buy newer cars, for one. All that money would provide an instant boost to the economy.

But nah gently caress that.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
also N4I was right

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
make all student loans dischargable

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Proud Christian Mom posted:

make all student loans dischargable

They should be if you don’t get your monies worth, which is like 90% of the time. gently caress it, make it so you can sue the uni for not doing a good enough job. They’d think twice about charging so much.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1095764378954141696

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Christ almighty she's good at this.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

According to people at drill last weekend she's the biggest idiot in the world.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bird food bathtub posted:

right? jfc

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

smarter than people at drill

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I excused myself to go poop while they whined about this Green New Deal thing they just heard about on Facebook.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Let me guess: "Where's the money supposed to come from!!???" as the federal government prints dollars to pay for them to smoke and run out the weekend clock

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Well, yeah. She's not in the Guard/reserves for one thing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://twitter.com/feraljokes/status/1095799840330694656?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I kinda like this new universe where Ben Garrison comics horseshoe back around to being good for the opposite reason he thinks