Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Someone in the general chat thread also willed Mario Maker 2 into existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Funky Valentine posted:

Rune Factory 5 is something I never thought I would see.

:yeah::yeah::yeah:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I thought A Link Between Worlds was amazing but too easy. If this Link's Awakening remaster is anything like it, I'm game.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Harlock posted:

Kind of disappointed how Bloodstained is looking. I really don't think that the art style is helping it any favors

It's looking pretty much as it's been advertised? I think it looks great.

I'm interested in Link's Awakening as I've never played it before.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
That was an awesome direct. Shocked they didn't show the Switch mainline Pokemon game that is supposed to be out this year.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I can't loving believe rune factory 5 is real. I thought that series went to licensing purgatory forever.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Spacebump posted:

That was an awesome direct. Shocked they didn't show the Switch mainline Pokemon game that is supposed to be out this year.

Don't they usually reveal the next Pokemon game around May-ish? I wasn't expecting it this early.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Someone in the general chat thread also willed Mario Maker 2 into existence.

Can somebody please will F-Zero SX into existence?

Please...

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

they're saving pokemon for e3

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Pokemon usually gets its own direct, doesn't it? Pair it up with some exclusive detective pikachu footage for #brand #synergy

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
how do i play the demon robot demo

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

My partner is gone this weekend and I'm getting pumped about being able to just play Tetris BR if it ever shows up in the shop.

That very reason is what makes me inches close to buying and binging FFIX, which I've never played. Is it best to go in blind or something someone should know before hand or should I get a 100% guide?

And then I'm thinking that if I'm going to put Starlink aside to wait for the new characters then maybe I should just start and beak Okami in the meantime since I actually own it already.

Too many options.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It's pretty crazy how much stuff got shadow-dropped with this direct.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
i'm a little bummed out that i've played through links awakening enough times that i still remember pretty much the entire game

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

im gonna buy anime cops, demon ex machines, link's reawakening, harry potter fire emblem, yoshi's loving island, and mario maker 2

they didn't even mention pokemon or animal crossing, 2019 is stacked as gently caress

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

My partner is gone this weekend and I'm getting pumped about being able to just play Tetris BR if it ever shows up in the shop.

That very reason is what makes me inches close to buying and binging FFIX, which I've never played. Is it best to go in blind or something someone should know before hand or should I get a 100% guide?

And then I'm thinking that if I'm going to put Starlink aside to wait for the new characters then maybe I should just start and beak Okami in the meantime since I actually own it already.

Too many options.

ff9 isn't particularly hard, you can go in blind

just know in advance that the card minigame is loving nonsense and entirely ignorable

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Link's Awakening is up on Best Buy if anyone wants to lock in a GCU discount on it. Its a full $60 release though.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
More like Thief’s Awakening.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Super Mario Maker 2 has me so excited. I was waiting for an entry on the Switch. :swoon:

I thought Rune Factory died. Glad to see it still lives on.

What licensing black magic did they pull to get orchestral music for Dragon Quest 11?

I have no idea what to make of Three Houses. The setting definitely took it to "wait for impressions."

Link's Awakening looks adorable.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rolo posted:

More like Thief’s Awakening.

:shopkeeper:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

im gonna buy anime cops, demon ex machines, link's reawakening, harry potter fire emblem, yoshi's loving island, and mario maker 2

they didn't even mention pokemon or animal crossing, 2019 is stacked as gently caress

Goodness, FE really is Harry Potter? Ridiculous. It's going to sell like hot-cakes.

Brother Entropy posted:

ff9 isn't particularly hard, you can go in blind

just know in advance that the card minigame is loving nonsense and entirely ignorable

Got it. Seeing that and the DQ11 trailer made me really want a classic JRPG right about now. I enjoyed Octopath a whole bunch so this should do the trick.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm glad that Nintendo opted to mostly announce new titles rather than focus on the ones we already know about, and they still probably have a few "surprises" left for E3 (hello Metroid Prime Trilogy) when they'll also show stuff like Animal Crossing and Pokemon.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
they said FF9 would be available after the direct right? I need someone to buy it and tell me if it's still locked at like 20 fps

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Waffleopolis posted:

Imagine a new Super Mario Maker that lets you create levels using elements from Super Mario 3D World. I want that.

Mad lad

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Your Computer posted:

they said FF9 would be available after the direct right? I need someone to buy it and tell me if it's still locked at like 20 fps

I'm gonna buy it when it's up. price is $20.99 according to the website.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Direct still going? Any AC news? I'm at work and can't watch.

e. The good AC

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

FF9 is a game with a bunch of hidden little fiddly mechanics that let you do things like min-max your stat growth or deal 9999 damage with a level 1 character and absolutely none of them matter because the game is pretty easy the whole way through. In other words, you should probably just go in blind.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Funky Valentine posted:

Rune Factory 5 is something I never thought I would see.

how the gently caress did this happen

i need to actually get a switch now

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Deified Data posted:

Direct still going? Any AC news? I'm at work and can't watch.

e. The good AC

Direct is over, animal crossing was not mentioned at all

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Super Jay Mann posted:

Marvelous picked up the Harvest Moon brand ages ago and have owned and published Rune Factory since its inception. Natsume, the actual developers, went out of business but their staff was folded into Marvelous proper, so they're all still there.

Not Natsume I meant Neverland darn names getting me mixed up all the time.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Marvelous always had the rights to Rune Factory since the beginning. It's just Neverland who makes the games went bankrupt, but Marvelous hired the Rune Factory team anyways so it wasn't impossible to make another one

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wait FF9 is more than £7.99? How can they justify that?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Allarion posted:

Marvelous always had the rights to Rune Factory since the beginning. It's just Neverland who makes the games went bankrupt, but Marvelous hired the Rune Factory team anyways so it wasn't impossible to make another one

Oh that's good to hear. I was a bit worried that it would go down the route of the currently named Harvest Moon games.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Trio of Towns had Rune Factory DLC just to remind everyone that they still remembered rune factory

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Too many options.

FF9 is pretty forgiving. Theres like one sword that's a speed run to the final dungeon in 12 hours, but it's not really required

It's also pretty good in that it's closer to 4 or 6 in that each character has a specific job/class so you're not traipsing into 5/8/10 realms of minmaxing

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Tetris is up; gotta "buy" the download via the Switch Online offers website

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Harrow posted:

FF9 is a game with a bunch of hidden little fiddly mechanics that let you do things like min-max your stat growth or deal 9999 damage with a level 1 character and absolutely none of them matter because the game is pretty easy the whole way through. In other words, you should probably just go in blind.

Yeah, FF9 is full of that stuff but it's more fun to play it blind and find what you can.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
So much good poo poo! Anime Cops looks rad as hell! This is going to be a good year for the switch.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

FF9 is up! :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
acab

(anime cops are bastards)