Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Chrpno posted:

Honestly, this just looks like a fine fun picture me, but I suspect it would have caused red faced fat men in suits to splutter and blow steam out of their ears?

It was literally drawn as a warning of what could happen if suffragettes got women the vote.

The horror!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

jobson groeth posted:

Not available in your country curse has struck again

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/grammys-2019-brandi-carlile-the-joke-792305/

Maybe?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It was literally drawn as a warning of what could happen if suffragettes got women the vote.

The horror!

I periodically use it as a wallpaper because it is just the right size for modern screens. The version I have has the title which is "Why don't we take it all the way" or something like that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Having someone else buy you drinks is awesome. Who the hell doesn't like free drinks?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Just found they are remaking Link's Awakening and it is the cutest thing ever.

https://i.imgur.com/buO4SSL.mp4

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Oh my god

MicrowavesMom
Feb 27, 2015

Are these boys really your friends?

Imagined posted:

Warning: Grammy Awards. Nevertheless, blessed as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJqL1yIm9e0

Move it to cursed. What a loving poo poo song. Of all the rear end that new-cuntry music can rip off, she chooses to rip off 4 Non Blondes? What poo poo lyrics. Someone is seriously (hysterically) singing about getting "dirt kicked in your face" in 2019? Bunch of cliches and platitudes. The paid press mobilized as soon as the song was performed and whaddaya know, here's a bunch of articles giving the song merit and meaning way way above what it actually says. Go and buy it then, monetize your weakness.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
This Dudebro buying every flower from a woman on the NYC subway is blessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVzAC7mLxJw

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Megillah Gorilla posted:

also mario maker 2 for switch just got announced.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

LifeSunDeath posted:

also mario maker 2 for switch just got announced.

99% bad user designed levels is cursed.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Friend of mine just snapped this lol

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Been there, I had a dog who was convinced that escalators were eating machines that dined exclusively on canine. She was a german shepherd too.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Thank you for your effort but it seems that who ever owns the rights to this is making sure :australia: can't see it yet so that is blocked too.

As it seems like it's a country cover of 4 non blondes then I'll just cut the middle man out and listen to the real thing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cyberpope v2
Oct 26, 2002

by Lowtax
Don't remember that Redwall sequel.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

ProperCoochie posted:

This Dudebro buying every flower from a woman on the NYC subway is blessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVzAC7mLxJw

Blessed, because it’s nice when people do nice things for one another. Also cursed, because, in the United States of America, there should not be people for whom receiving $140 results in a complete breakdown.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Cyberpope v2 posted:

God drat

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

remusclaw posted:

I periodically use it as a wallpaper because it is just the right size for modern screens. The version I have has the title which is "Why don't we take it all the way" or something like that.

fuckin post it

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Feb 14, 2019

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Has anyone done any research on why cappy's can be so blessed among other predatory animals? There's zero reason why those other little bastards wouldn't just chomp down.

E:

Lodin fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Feb 14, 2019

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Lodin posted:

Has anyone done any research on why cappy's can be so blessed among other predatory animals? There's zero reason why those other little bastards wouldn't just chomp down.

They're not? Big cats, camens and anaconda's eat them all the time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cyberpope v2 posted:

Where do gators fall in the Good/Evil spectrum? They're with a capybara but is it as friends or is the cape their slave like Sunflash was?

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

[slow heavy metal music playing]

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://i.imgur.com/QqGzgij.mp4

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

jobson groeth posted:

Thank you for your effort but it seems that who ever owns the rights to this is making sure :australia: can't see it yet so that is blocked too.

As it seems like it's a country cover of 4 non blondes then I'll just cut the middle man out and listen to the real thing.

It is not a cover of anyone else's song, and I pity the cold-hearted fool who hears someone singing like that and starts analyzing the lyrics.

"Ugh, that Patsy Cline is just singing another country song about being lonely. How cliche."

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Aramoro posted:

They're not? Big cats, camens and anaconda's eat them all the time.

Oh. :(

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
"Just stay cool, stay cool and they won't suspect i'm not a crocodile too..."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

"Just stay cool, stay cool and they won't suspect i'm not a crocodile too..."

They will only see the capybara after a while.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I've never played a Zelda game but did they always have chain chomps and goombas in them?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i remember the chain chomp from the GBA version when i was little. never got far enough for the ripoff mario level i guess

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
the real question is if they get chomped all the time how the gently caress do they constantly get into these situations where there's like a herd of predators walking directly on them or they just have like a giant loving crocodile hanging out literally right next touching them and it's nbd. I mean it happens enough that it shows up in pics all the time

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Blast of Confetti posted:

i remember the chain chomp from the GBA version when i was little. never got far enough for the ripoff mario level i guess

if i'm remembering that right there's a cave northwest of the town that happens in? but I don't remember the guys in there being goombas

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Moon Slayer posted:

I've never played a Zelda game but did they always have chain chomps and goombas in them?

Links Awakening did, yes

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Link's awakening had a bunch of little extra Nintendo stuff in it which made sense because we live inside a dream.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Link's Awakening started out as a programmer in Nintendo doing some side work for fun to see if he could remake A Link to the Past on the original Gameboy. So it has a load of really weird and goofy references in there. Kirby, Goombas, Yoshi, Chainchomps and a photograph of Peach are all in there, also Wart from Mario 2.

It's a great game, it's so strange and goofy and also just kind of sad. It doesn't have any gut punches or anything, there's just a small sad undertone to the game.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The sad feeling comes from the ephemeral nature of dreams. Especially since your whole quest is to wake up and forget everyone and everything there.. It's beautiful.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Going to turn the nozzles on all the hot-air hand-dryers upwards and use them to do a three-jump piss into the waste-paper basket in the corner.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

JoelJoel posted:

Oh, I was under the impression that abstenence only was 100 percent effective. Ty for setting me straight.
Don't be fatuous, Jeffrey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/smarxist_/status/1095548097118289920