Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Scaramouche posted:

Anyone got deets a John Allison's super secret project he stopped updating bobbins.horse for? I bet it's the Robert Cop movie.

I think all he's said is that it's going to be a print project, and he's handling both scripting and art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This is a long shot, but does anyone remember a one off sci-fi webcomic about a woman who is like either going back in time or traveling into the memories of her lover to try and prevent some catastrophe? Does this ring any bells to anyone? I've tried a bunch of searching (I know for a fact that it was cross posted to the r/Frisson reddit at some point because after seeing the word Frisson I had to look it up), but have come up blank.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
loving

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
the internet is so loving sterile now

this is a nightmare

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
where did all the weirds go

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

pikachode posted:

Ohio.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
avshalom thats just the loneliness of being at the top im afraid

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
that's not true, i remember a rich online psychodiversity of lunatics back in the day, most of them were far more enlightened than me and most of them were making at least one webcomic. where did they go

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Every goon who has made a webcomic has been chased away by goons who love webcomics being creepy dinks to them.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

nine-gear crow posted:

Every goon who has made a webcomic has been chased away by goons who love webcomics being creepy dinks to them.
yeah but even the webcomics you're obliquely referring to have mostly all ended and the stuff that's left is just so tame and safe and marketable it's horrifying, it shocks me to my core

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
i want an end to wholesome! i want to see raw screaming reality! the flood is coming and we're all so unprepared!!

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
less of this:

more of this:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
i demand that my foot fetish golems have all of their feet bare or else whats even the loving point

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

pikachode posted:

yeah but even the webcomics you're obliquely referring to have mostly all ended and the stuff that's left is just so tame and safe and marketable it's horrifying, it shocks me to my core

the thread about good comics got moved to BYOB and then locked until everyone agreed to stop talking about good comics, this a sci fi anime and questionable content only zone

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Feb 14, 2019

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the thread about good comics got moved to BYOB and then locked until everyone agreed to stop talking about good comics, this a sci fi anime and questionable content only zone

The yakuza househusband comic is being posted there so good comics are allowed again

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
at least the guy who whined the old, good BYOB thread to death is getting an eternity of sixers

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Comics can be good? Poppycock, I say!

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

pikachode posted:

4chan.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
twitter, also therapy

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

But then stormfront took over. Where are they now?

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
theres this instagram artist who puts a little boner in every drawing he does for no real reason and i wish i could recall his name

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

make mockery posted:

theres this instagram artist who puts a little boner in every drawing he does for no real reason and i wish i could recall his name

how did he get away with that?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

As long as we're doing "what was that webcomic" questions, I remember reading one pretty recently - it was a future scifi setting with magic-like technology (similar to the hologram magic stuff in Poppy O'possum), with a transwoman main character, and had explicit sex scenes (well, at least full frontal nudity). The art was really exquisite, and I believe the creator was a goon...? That's all I can remember about it.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

As long as we're doing "what was that webcomic" questions, I remember reading one pretty recently - it was a future scifi setting with magic-like technology (similar to the hologram magic stuff in Poppy O'possum), with a transwoman main character, and had explicit sex scenes (well, at least full frontal nudity). The art was really exquisite, and I believe the creator was a goon...? That's all I can remember about it.

you might be thinking of iothera? http://iothera.com
the creator used to be a goon, they did a paradox games lp that was really fun.
i don't think the comic is being actively updated anymore. my extremely limited understanding is that other life-stuff has taken priority

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

AriadneThread posted:

i don't think the comic is being actively updated anymore. my extremely limited understanding is that other life-stuff has taken priority

She does have half a dozen social media accounts, but is pretty quiet in all of them (only pillowfort has recent art, and her twitter is 99% retweets), and give no hint as to what she's up to now. Just living a private life, I guess.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

How IS pillowfort? I keep hearing it get talked about like it's Tumblr But Good, but it feels like it's gonna have the G+ problem of being in closed beta for so long that the hype dies out.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

AriadneThread posted:

That's the one, thank you. I'm not even sure it if was good, but the queer characters and casual nudity stuck out in my mind, and I was curious what came of it.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
rip iothera, i was interested in seeing where it was gonna go

Fruity20 posted:

how did he get away with that?

imagine like, a simple sketch and one of the characters has a little ^ in their pants yeah thats about the extent of it

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Colleen Frakes put up a vampire comic a couple weeks ago : http://www.tragicrelief.com/post/181788269839/i-finished-this-comic-in-2017-then-put-it-away (I'd say it's good but it's Colleen Frakes, of course it's good)

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

PMush Perfect posted:

How IS pillowfort? I keep hearing it get talked about like it's Tumblr But Good, but it feels like it's gonna have the G+ problem of being in closed beta for so long that the hype dies out.

Down with Tumblr up with Cumblr.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Mass Cultural Blandness is a bigger problem than just webcomics or the internet! It's boggling and difficult to place where exactly it started, my theory is that people (and especially, increasingly young people) do not question the information coming at them, positive or negative, which comes at them in steady repetitive clips that drill into the mind until you accept certain bizarre improbabilities as fact. I think some people think they're information! That their life is defined by either an ingroup they define as virtuous or a synthetic other that seems to hate everything they and their group stands for so you'd better follow the Exact Social Code of this group, as suggested by strangers and nothing, to set yourself apart and make sure everyone knows that you're A Good Person, and Not a Piece of poo poo. The two types of people.

Everyone's massively insecure, wants to fit in, and maybe that's killing the individual.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Hahahaah wow

The idea that the decline of a particular form of expression as the place where young kids do weird poo poo is 'the death of the individual' is frankly hilarious. I guarantee that the kids are into weird poo poo all over the place, and are doing weirder things than you expect. I know, I have a younger sibling who's in college and she's way weirder than I ever was.

And I ended up posting on this forum, so.

Plus, like, if you look at the pop cultural landscape of any era, most of it is bland because most of it isn't Frank Zappa, nor would we want it to be. We'd be exhausted to death in months.

If you think weird is dead, you just don't know where to look for weird, is my opinion.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

FunkyAl posted:

Mass Cultural Blandness is a bigger problem than just webcomics or the internet! It's boggling and difficult to place where exactly it started, my theory is that people (and especially, increasingly young people) do not question the information coming at them, positive or negative, which comes at them in steady repetitive clips that drill into the mind until you accept certain bizarre improbabilities as fact. I think some people think they're information! That their life is defined by either an ingroup they define as virtuous or a synthetic other that seems to hate everything they and their group stands for so you'd better follow the Exact Social Code of this group, as suggested by strangers and nothing, to set yourself apart and make sure everyone knows that you're A Good Person, and Not a Piece of poo poo. The two types of people.

Everyone's massively insecure, wants to fit in, and maybe that's killing the individual.

What the gently caress?

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
i guess it's hard to demand artists make stuff for free when we're all starving and dying of preventable diseases

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

funkyal have you considered printing that post out and stapling it to a telephone pole, as i recall that being your ideal method of communication

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you fuckin gary groth sycophant buttlicker

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
old man yells at the cloud

content: https://twitter.com/kcgreenn/status/1095882736433315841

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

FunkyAl posted:

:wtc:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

source your quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

FunkyAl posted:

The idea of virtue signaling is dumb so this would be a good political comic. Have the duck say it, add some labels and get the big newspaper bucks.