Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The idea that Link's Awakening can't be simultaneously cute AND unsettling is nonsense. It's all insecure boy-men loudly announcing their own fragility.

That being said, the anime trailer did make me want a Ni no Kuni-style Zelda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They are as different from goombas as galoombas and goombos
Goombo
Galoomba
Goomba
Links Awakening guys

I mean look they are ORANGE, look to be based on carrots like goomba are based on mushrooms and galoomba are based on chestnuts

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 14, 2019

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Their faces are totally different and they have like a stalk at the top!

That's just the top of their head above their signature angry eyebrows.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

you're misinterpreting their eyebrows :ms:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I wonder if they will have Kirby and Wart in it still

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I'm really glad Nintendo finally localized "Kuribon" as "Galoomba", btw. It's nice to no longer need to specify "SMW Goomba" when referring to those funky little chestnuts.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I hope there's some additional content to Link's Awakening. Hopefully if it does well, we'll get an Oracle of Ages/Seasons remake. Hell, they could go all out and add the cancelled third oracle game and just called it Legend of Zelda: The Tree Oracles.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I wonder if they will have Kirby and Wart in it still

I hope Will Wright is still in it.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Waffleopolis posted:

I hope there's some additional content to Link's Awakening. Hopefully if it does well, we'll get an Oracle of Ages/Seasons remake. Hell, they could go all out and add the cancelled third oracle game and just called it Legend of Zelda: The Tree Oracles.

Oracle remakes using this engine but automatically recognizes your saves and no need for password.

Also no goron dancing mini game.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
So bayonetta changed her hair between the first and second games. My prediction: she shaves her head for bayo 3, but also she stops shaving her legs and that's where her hair powers come from. Or maybe she has a hairy back

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wait, if FF9 is $20, I wonder if 10 and 12 will be the same.

Paying $60 each is crazy steep.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone made a (text or image) summary of all the new features & things spotted in the Mario Maker 2 trailer?

Link's Awakening remake looks adorable. Sorta hope they add a thing or two (kinda like how DX added the colour dungeon) just to spice it up a touch.

Also, I now have an idea/wish for something that totally will never happen: Oracle of Seasons/Ages Remake, but I'd kinda like for them to do a little more then just pretty it up. Maybe merge the games together or make them properly bridge? Or just make a combined game that takes bits of both?

Magnet Gloves are still one of my all-time favourite Zelda items from a conceptual standpoint.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Inzombiac posted:

Wait, if FF9 is $20, I wonder if 10 and 12 will be the same.

Paying $60 each is crazy steep.

10 also has 10-2 if it's like the other releases. 12 is normally $50 I think.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i'm gonna BOYCOTT link's awakening if the SJWS have CENSORED the game and we don't get the ORIGINAL JAPANESE hippo tits in HD

TRUE GAMERS will agree!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Your Computer posted:

obviously everyone experiences things different ways and this evokes a very specific experience of the game. From what I've read (don't read online comments, not even once) a lot of people apparently wanted it to be more realistic/dark because that's how they experienced it. The worst comment I read was someone saying the art direction was "an insult to the original game" and that it was dumb how they added Mario characters and I just....
...:negative:

Besides the obvious fact that Mario enemies were in the original game, this is a crazy misreading of the original gane’s tone and I have no idea how someone would see it that way (besides general man-boy fear of being caught liking something cute). Link’s Awakening is a goofy, surreal adventure that wears its weirdness on its sleeve.
Link’s Awakening spoilers:
Koholint is supposed to be a place you enjoy spending time in. Having to leave it behind forever invokes the sad feeling you get when you wake up from a good dream. If it was a dark and sinister place this wouldn’t work.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Polo-Rican posted:

the 4 way control lets u decide who your attacks go to.

edit: I wrote up a bad guide - this one is better: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/aqgmwk/how_to_win_at_tetris_99_battle_royale_mechanics/

Thanks!

Also, should I dig out my GBA SP and play Links awakening before the remake? I feel like the remake is very faithful so I might be replaying the same game over again, I'm conflicted

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Goombo
Galoomba
Goomba
Links Awakening guys

I mean look they are ORANGE, look to be based on carrots like goomba are based on mushrooms and galoomba are based on chestnuts

Dude.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Goombo
Galoomba
Goomba
Links Awakening guys

:chloe:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm sold, they're totally different monsters

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I see this used everywhere in what appears to be different situations. I don't understand the reference who is this child.

There are a many goomba variations as there are grains of sand in the desert and all are wonderful

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Point 1: Goombas Frown
Point 2: Goombiis Smile

case closed

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Thats the top of thier head, and the blank spot is thier eyebrows

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Link's Remakening

Mogki
Aug 2, 2016

Ineffiable posted:

10 also has 10-2 if it's like the other releases. 12 is normally $50 I think.

12 and the 10/10-2 Collection are both $50

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

fun fact: the gameboy color didn’t have a backlight so making an enemy dark brown against a black background would be actually terrible

also fun fact: in digital color palettes brown is just really dark orange

they’re goombas ya dork

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How does the co-op in Captain Toad work? Do both players have to survive to complete a level or can one player die and the other still finish?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

Besides the obvious fact that Mario enemies were in the original game, this is a crazy misreading of the original gane’s tone and I have no idea how someone would see it that way (besides general man-boy fear of being caught liking something cute). Link’s Awakening is a goofy, surreal adventure that wears its weirdness on its sleeve.
Link’s Awakening spoilers:
Koholint is supposed to be a place you enjoy spending time in. Having to leave it behind forever invokes the sad feeling you get when you wake up from a good dream. If it was a dark and sinister place this wouldn’t work.
:yeah:

I'd say these types of comments are your typical "gamer" outrage, they obviously aren't even familiar with the original but surely this cute art style is a slap in the face to gamers everywhere

it just sucks to see it about a game so vibrant and great as Link's Awakening :sigh:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Goombo
Galoomba
Goomba
Links Awakening guys

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tetris is currently trending on Twitch and that is hilarious and really awesome. I'm watching a tetris stream with 14,000 other people in TYOOL 2019

Tetris 99 is real good yall

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Mario 3 goombas are way more orange than that, and are thus based on cans of Orange Crush.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

At yes I forgot Mario 3 goombas are also orange, good point

Anyway these smiling goombas need to be smiling in the remake

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

All the same creature.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The green haired glasses groucho marx lookin mother fucker from Sim City is in Link's Awakening folks. Very dark and serious game

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i somehow never put it together that will wright was in a zelda game lol

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Wendell posted:

The Mario 3 goombas are way more orange than that, and are thus based on cans of Orange Crush.

poo poo, does this mean I have to change my avatar to a Mario 3 goomba

Spellman
May 31, 2011

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Grapes aren't that purple irl therefore those are not grapes

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Links Awakening guys

You have to take into account that most GBC games had somewhat oversaturated colors to compensate for the screen being poo poo. They might be based on radishes instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Anyway these smiling goombas need to be smiling in the remake
#notmygoomba