Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What regions belong in the Pacific Northwest?
Alaska, US
British Columbia, CA
Washington, US
Oregon, US
Idaho, US
Montana, US
Wyoming, US
California, US (MODS PLEASE BAN ANYONE VOTING FOR THIS OPTION TIA)
View Results

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol that account is retweeting anti-vaxxers and Bill Maher

Yeah the dude started the account to get back at Trimet for something but then some serious mission creep occurred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
FYI, the snow in downtown Seattle is now somehow going sideways and up. I'm moderately concerned.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

FYI, the snow in downtown Seattle is now somehow going sideways and up. I'm moderately concerned.

The snow is starting to stick to my windows.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Same in Tacoma, friend. I'm starting to get concerned about work stuff this week. I am pretty good from home until Thursday but Thursday and Friday I am going to need to go places and if it doesn't warm up I'm pretty sure I'm not going anywhere.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Saw this on saturday

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Boy I'm glad I got monday and tuesday off, freezing rain and sleet are gonna start mixing in. Last time that happened my car was encased in a half-inch of ice. Wonder if I should put a tarp over it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

BrandorKP posted:

Saw this on saturday

:stonk: Good lord. Don't go anywhere if you don't have to, goons.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

The stuff I can't post is worse. I had a coworker that got video of large pieces of ice and snow falling 20+m to hit a metal tank top as hatch covers opened. That and iced gangways.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I finally got power back after two days but internet is still out at my house with poor cell reception. I feel like a dessicated corpse. No heat or fireplace either. The assistant director also got mad that I couldn't go to work yesterday (I've called out only once before???) but everyone else was really understanding.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Complete miss in NW Vancouver. Just dreary and cold. Looks like the worst was Saturday for Portland.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
Snowin real hard now in Tacoma, couple inches last night too. :/ Thankfully the power is on hope that keeps up.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
It's not sticking to the roads near Fremont. Should be fine. Stay warm goons.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Idahoant posted:

Snowin real hard now in Tacoma, couple inches last night too. :/ Thankfully the power is on hope that keeps up.

:hfive: Tacoma buddy, no sign of slowing down yet in my neighborhood. Power has been holding steady here in the south end and I am hopeful it stays up.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Seattle is still getting good snow but it'll be too warm for it to stay this fun.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
It's dumping but it isn't accumulating much at all. That said, the forecast keeps saying it's going to rain but it keeps on snowing.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Please take care, Northern Goons!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It rained for like 20 minutes then dumped snow for another hour now it looks like it's set on alternating between dumping snow and freezing rain. Please don't drive anywhere if you're in Tacoma right now.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Up north in Lynnwood we are probably going to snow all night for another 3-9 inches. Which would make our total over 2 feet. So tired of all the snow.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
It's loving dumping down snow again :/

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
There was 6-8 inches on the ground at my house and it's been snowing for 3 hours or so and doesn't look to let up. I'm so sick of shoveling my driveway, it's so steep.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Redmond was hanging in there pretty well, roads were even decently plowed but then, well, we got hit hard with snow.

It was supposed to start raining about an hour or two ago but so far it hasn't happened. I get the feeling it won't until tomorrow.

Cattywampus
Oct 14, 2008

I'm in Redmond as well. The snow is not letting up.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I think this is the first time I've ever had to knock down icicles from our gutters. I've never seen 'em grow more than a few inches but I just knocked down a bunch that were nearly two feet long.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Still merely wet in the Tualatin Valley.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

After switching back and forth with heavy snow all day, the rain seems firmly in control in Lakewood. Might get one more day off work with a good overnight freeze.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Hasn't ever stopped snowing in Northgate. Holy effing hell I can't believe I still have power. I'm on the edge of one grid that's out and all the houses in the vally behind my house are out.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Had to use a pole to get the snow of the roof out in North Bend we into feet of snow on the ground. I'm snowed in.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

BrandorKP posted:

Had to use a pole to get the snow of the roof out in North Bend we into feet of snow on the ground. I'm snowed in.

I've had 24 inches in the last 24 hours. Nearest plowed road is about a half mile from my car.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

North Bend and Snoqualmie have a state of emergency. We've got damage the rooves amounts of snow. Like 4' with deeper drifts.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
Jeez, Brandor. I hope you are OK, that sounds really rough.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Managed to get the car out to the street. We are supposed to be getting another foot tonight. Don't worry about me. Worry about anyone who needs emergency services tonight. There are quite a lot of retirees out here. Atleast the power is on.

Getting gas I saw three, three pairs of people with open containers in big trucks. Yee haw apparently.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Drove from Hillsboro to Clackamas and back today. Bare roads. Less traffic than usual. Even saw a patch of blue sky to the north!

Also, it's warm enough that I had to turn the heat down and open a window.

I mean, I'm not complaining. I had to play a benefit gig at the Eagles on Hawthorne in emergency travel only due to EVERYTHING, COVERED IN ICE conditions, so I'm fine with getting a weather breather this winter.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Like 80% of the snow is already melted at my house.

There's a HUGE fuckin mound of piled up snow at work from plowing the runways though. We have a pool going in the lab to see how long it takes to melt.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
We had enough here that I just said gently caress it and didn't effort scraping it off my van to do the two miles of errands I was planning. It'll be gone tomorrow or it won't.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Best friend said that in Kirkland there was 8 inches on the ground and 8 inches to come a few days ago.

SW Washington had maybe 3/4 of an inch here and that melted in the night. :shrug:

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
And all those deep, slushy ruts FROZE OVER COMPLETELY gently caress

George
Nov 27, 2004

There's still about an inch of ice covering the sidewalks in Ravenna. Pretty weird but at least my bus is off the leash finally (unless Metro's website is lying again).

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

George posted:

There's still about an inch of ice covering the sidewalks in Ravenna. Pretty weird but at least my bus is off the leash finally (unless Metro's website is lying again).

Which route? The 70 was showing two different closures yesterday depending on where you looked. I ended up having to walk a mile to get the the 271. The 70 is back up by Safeway now though.

George
Nov 27, 2004

DevNull posted:

Which route? The 70 was showing two different closures yesterday depending on where you looked. I ended up having to walk a mile to get the the 271. The 70 is back up by Safeway now though.

The 74 completely bypassed my whole neighborhood. The 372 actually switched to a much better route but was too full to stop for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

George posted:

The 74 completely bypassed my whole neighborhood. The 372 actually switched to a much better route but was too full to stop for me.

My wife takes the 67 and when it made it to her stop, it was too full to let anyone on. There were 30 people waiting with her. They really need to make some more of these more frequent. They scaled a lot of them back when the Husky Stadium station opened, and they shouldn't have.