Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Definitely don’t spend any money on products you enjoy

I'm not confident that anyone actually enjoys this game anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I ain't ever giving Bobby K any more money

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I'm still mad at myself for feeling good about the game and splurging on the year-long stimpack since I played the game a lot. The one they sold a week before they announced they were putting the game on maintenance mode. Piss off blizz

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
So far I have been fine with the updates the game has done and honestly nothing has really slowed down yet. I am curious to see how many updates this game will be getting a year from now though. The sad thing is looking at twitch. HOTS was never a top game but usually it had decent numbers. Now, it is is nothing. I really don't see how it helped Blizz at all trying to kill off their own game. If anything this game helped keep the Blizz name and blizz characters out there. I'm also 100% sure that people who tried out HOTS and really loved certain characters probably then went out and bought Diablo, or Startcraft, or WOW or something.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Moola posted:

I ain't ever giving Bobby K any more money

Yeah honestly after that record profits + mass layoffs to give a new CFO a bunch of money bullshit I'm in the same place. This company doesn't deserve a shred of support after that (and yeah I know it's nothing new in the industry, just more apparent now) and it's clear they'll only get worse.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Firing everybody on the same day you announce your super huge profits is an impressive level of villainy even for this industry.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Pretty sure gaming forums a decade ago were already ablaze with stories about the Activision CEO basically being the devil himself. Later, when Blizzard was bought, plenty of people saw it as a huge red flag, pointing specifically to how Activision was being run, but tons of dumb nerds were all "no it says right here in this press statement that Blizz is being given plenty of autonomy." And now the obvious thing has happened and people are acting like some shocking thing is occurring.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It's not surprising, but it's real lovely for the 800 people who got laid off for the new fat cat's 15 million dollar incentive.

Not to change the subject, but does Imperius suck? It feels like he sucks.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

No Imperius is good.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

appropriatemetaphor posted:

No Imperius is good.

What's the build for him? His attacks are super anemic. For any meaningful defense, he needs the 13/16 E talents and the defense ult. For someone who's supposed to lead the charge, his Q is janky as hell. me no get

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Bogart posted:

What's the build for him? His attacks are super anemic. For any meaningful defense, he needs the 13/16 E talents and the defense ult. For someone who's supposed to lead the charge, his Q is janky as hell. me no get

You basically do all the brand talents. Burn --> Battle Hunger --> Holy Fervor --> Angelic --> Divine Rage --> Melting Touch --> Your Choice

The % damage and the cleave end up doing a lot of damage. Skip to 8m10s if it doesn't start there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfETN99gC4s&t=490s

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Reworked Ana is a lot of fun so far. Not having to burn darts/grenades on quests early on is much more enjoyable, plus the new Eye of Horus is great fun. Nano Boost might still be better in coordinated play, but just in QM and UD I've had some great successes with sniping into the fray. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they bump the CD up to 60s or so in the next balance patch.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

imperius' level 1 brand talent is loving nuts. effectively, while your e is active, all your basic attacks do 2.5% enemy's max hp damage, +you also get to do more max hp based damage in bursts from the other abilities every once in a while too. you're not like, tychus levels of tank-killer, but from that single talent your damage becomes massive vs anyone, but especially tanks.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Imperius does sneaky damage sometimes. Like he's hounding you, but not really doing much, and then all of a sudden it seems like he chunks half your health.

Played a Towers game vs. an Ana that took Eye of Horus, and she pretty much singlehandedly fueled a huge comeback after she got her ult. It pierces everyone, you cannot stop it except for hiding behind a building. There is literally no way to channel while she has it up. If you are running away low health you can't hide behind a teammate.

They need to put in a patch that you have to pre-pick Varian's mode when playing QM, and then it creates teams accordingly. Had a game yesterday on Braxis where the other team had a Garrosh (because we had a Varian, so it allowed them a tank). Our Varian went Smash. Upon noting this, he goes "so what's it's QM" and "if you want a tank play tank next game" "not my problem." It's not that I need a tank in QM. It's that I need a tank IF THE OTHER TEAM HAS A TANK, and they only have a tank because you decided to play this character! Surprise surprise we had trouble holding the point, and they easily won.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the game always expects varian to play a tank, but varian never does. the game should just assume varian is an assassin, and let the player maybe decide to go tank

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
My favorite was the Twin Blades Varian that complained our team had no front line. Assuming Varian is an assassin then fucks over the other team if he decides to go tank. Technically the current system is more fair because your team is hosed over when someone on it makes a bad decision as opposed to your team being hosed over when someone on the other team makes a good decision.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Complaining about Varian picking the good build in 2019... jeez.

Citcon
Aug 31, 2018

by R. Guyovich

Radish posted:

Firing everybody on the same day you announce your super huge profits is an impressive level of villainy even for this industry.

I think a lot of people missed the part of the call where they said they are hosed for 2019 and need to restructure as a result.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Never occured to me that there'd be a hots thread here on these dead gay forums. I played OG dota back in the day, some heroes of newerth, LoL and dota2 but as I've grown older I have increasingly turned into casual scum and those games (dota2 in particular) are just too loving hardcore for me. A friend of miine has over 6000 hours in dota 2 and tried getting me to play with him a couple years or so back. He linked me a loving spreadsheet about items and synergy and builds and what not and it almost gave me autism. No thanks. but another friend of mine introduced me to hots in 2017 and I was immediately hooked. I mean, I'm very casual so i only have like 4-500 hours total but god drat did it scratch my moba itch. I was extremely sad to hear about blizzards decision to cut back on hots support, what the gently caress am I going to play if this game dies!? But at least for now it still lives and I'm still having a good time. I still play fairly regularly so if there are any EU players here wanting someone to dive an immortal with, hit me up

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

bamhand posted:

My favorite was the Twin Blades Varian that complained our team had no front line. Assuming Varian is an assassin then fucks over the other team if he decides to go tank. Technically the current system is more fair because your team is hosed over when someone on it makes a bad decision as opposed to your team being hosed over when someone on the other team makes a good decision.

this still happens under the current system, although it's rare. the system determines that he can be either a tank or an assassin, so he's eligible for both roles, though surprisingly tanks are needed far more often than assassins are. still, i've definitely seen games of 1 tank vs 1 tank + a varian

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I've seen 1 tank vs 2-3 tank games. I think the game just makes sure each team has 0 or minimum of 1 and not an equal number of tanks/healers.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

bamhand posted:

Yeah. As much as I get frustrated by Varian, him being designated as tank by default is still way, way, way better than it was back when he was assassin by default.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
The simplest solution is to play Varian yourself so that you're not subject to the whims of the matchmaking RNG and pubbies who wanna DPS, teamcomps be damned.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
*slideshows through Probius match where connection goes to poo poo as not to get leaver status*

*gets leaver status on game complete anyways*

*uninstalls HOTS again*

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

No Wave posted:

Lol thank you. I will always remember hots by that quote.

reminds me of the lol lore, which had lines like "her blouse and the hall equally taxed to contain her" or the one where it accidentally implied a hero was an incest baby.

Radish posted:

It's telling when "we didn't fire our employees after record breaking profits" is a commendable achievement.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 17, 2019

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
This HardTimes joke article seems appropriate here.

Also HotS is still fun but goddamn I just need to stop ever playing before evening, because during the day I get so much more lovely pubbies than I can handle.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I mostly play against elite AI now because due to work, and other priorities I most of the time don't wanna risk getting a poo poo game while drinking coffee.

Played a QM game last night where some rear end in a top hat was talking poo poo in russian whole game, and I told him to shut the gently caress up and he didn't like it, and then we won because we still kept playing instead of throwing and I was MVP. gently caress that russian guy, suuka. But also respect to him that he didn't throw.

Thank you for listening.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
AI sure is good now...

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
AI Chromie is so good about predicting her shots that you could put her in an HL game and be better off than 99% of oneshot Novas.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
AI has always been good with skill shots, Chromie and Kel'Thuzad come to mind here, and Aba is always crazy activeall around the map popping up on random creeps to get those killshots out of nowhere on a low health player, but since the last patch Blizzard changed the AI and now they are broken, literally getting stuck on walls and other path-finding issues.

Did see this on reddit though and thought it was pretty neat, Bot Kaz probably better then 99% of Kaz players mechanically. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4RqrenhHqA

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I loathe Hammer Bot. Whenever you jump towards her, instant W. And she always takes the barrier wall talent. You still got a shot on taking her on? Z away, cya nerd.

Raynor Bot is like that as well, those instant Q are such loving spoilsports.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 27, 2019

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I thought I was done buying gold-only mounts, but I always wanted a golden cock. It's available again.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm never going to be able to afford all the heroes if golden cocks keep getting thrown at me.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's my favorite and most used mount. Best purchase I've made in the game.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Bot D.va had a lobotomy - it just does nothing. Never nukes the mec and bumbles her way all over the place.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
It's all bots now. They are completely hosed up and can't follow a ping. You might get some slight use out of a solo-lane hero bot if you never ping it and just hope it doesn't get ganked.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

People actually play against AI? Gross

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Why do people say "Khaz" for Kharazim? It's like if you called Leoric "Ler" or Li-Ming "Lin" or Stitches "Stih" or Samuro "Sar" or Kerrigan "Keg" or Muradin "Mud"

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Patch happened. Highlights:

• Alarak talent buff.
  • Huge buffs to Cho and Gall.
  • Li Ming Orb Build buffed.
  • Lunara talent buff.
  • Orphea nerf.
  • Raynor's Raider buff.
  • Samuro buff to Level 1 talents to hopefully give some variety.
  • Tychus talent buff that nobody will use.
  • Baseline Azmodan nerf, but a massive buff to Greed and Beam Brain.
  • Medivh adjustment.
  • Probius Null Gate buff.
  • Zagara buff.
  • Ana buffs, but nerf to Eye of Horus.
  • Li Li nerfs.
  • Whitemane buffs.
  • Diablo "nerfs".
  • Huge Leoric buff.
  • Malganis nerf.
  • INSANELY HUGE Rexxar buff. Like, holy poo poo.
  • Sonya talent buff.
  • Tyreal talent buffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

No Wave posted:

It's my favorite and most used mount. Best purchase I've made in the game.

Hands down, it also reminds me of a Golden Chocobo from Final Fantasy VII, which makes me like it even more.