Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

WarpedNaba posted:

Reimu dies, Hakurei line's over, Gensoukyo is finished.

Yukari really should've set up that fuckin' dating pool.

There's no indication that the Hakureis are hereditary, and in fact when Reimu goes missing at the end of SSiB, Aya mentions the need to "find" a new shrine maiden. Given that she has the same name as the Hakurei shrine, it seems more likely that they just find (or make) an orphan with the appropriate talents and have her be "adopted" by the shrine, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I thought the Hakurei orbs only worked for those in the bloodline?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Seems like that info comes from the PC-98 games, which makes it dubious at best. The fairies manga establishes that the orbs are go-shintai, getting their power from the Hakurei god. They can explode youkai while just laying on the ground if a youkai tried to touch them.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Oni arm strong.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
What's the chance that Kasen wanted to find her arm because it was causing trouble and she needed to best her old oni-self up?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

All the toho girls are cute as heck god drat

kasen is also fuckin cool and I should reread this thing

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 14, 2019

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Oni Kasen is extremely rad & I can't wait for the next chapter/second half of this chapter.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

She is a named character with an introduction card which means she is legally not allowed to die ever and is here to stay.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I hope this manga doesn’t end soon

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

a cartoon duck posted:

She is a named character with an introduction card which means she is legally not allowed to die ever and is here to stay.

Two Kasens?! That's like twice as good as one!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Clarste posted:

Wild and Horned Hermit 49!

In which spiciness occurs.

finally paying out the oni plotline every had been assuming since 2010 and I am HERE for it :allears:

also here for sanae & marisa agreeing reimu's power is bullshit

a cartoon duck posted:

She will be to Kasen in the fighting games like Goku's Gokus in DBFZ

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

i really hope zun makes an exception for his "manga can't change the status quo" rule and gives us more of this rad as hell kasen.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I love when poo poo gets real in these manga--

El Burbo posted:

I hope this manga doesn’t end soon

oh. uh-oh

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I wouldn't be surprised if WaHH is ending soon but at least kasen gets to be in the games sometimes. show me kosuzu

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Now that I think about it, I wonder if Mamizou is going to save the day somehow, since iirc she's the only other one that started to piece any of this oni stuff together. Or it could just be Yukari again.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Well, Kasen has already been in two games so far

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Symbolic Butt posted:

I love when poo poo gets real in these manga--

oh. uh-oh

things are heating up in the clownpiece manga too arent they....

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Ultima66 posted:

Ok I ended up 1ccing HSoB on my first attempt that got past stage 1 not crashing into random faeries. Was loving around with colors/shots and was on Sakuya/Aqua on that run.

What's the best shot type to just do stuff with in that game? I feel like Reimu is particularly weak, but is there a color that fixes that issue? I found Sakuya generally pretty good but I don't know how much I gained from going aqua at all. From what I can really tell green is basically unplayable, and of the various shot types that all sort of amount to "you do more damage" I have no idea how they compare relative to each other.

Also Set remains the absolute coolest thing about that game and it's refreshing to see the opinion of everyone who uploads their Lunatic 1ccs to Youtube say Set owns.

Late but Reimu Yellow is generally the easiest to clear the game with because of very generous deathbomb window, and Yellow giving you lots of bombs. It's a little underpowered yeah but it's not a huge deal; you can get used to it anyhow.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Mamizou is going to save the day somehow, since iirc she's the only other one that started to piece any of this oni stuff together. Or it could just be Yukari again.

The ultimate investigative duo of Komachi and Tenshi are already on the way to save the day. They’ll sort this mess out.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Reimu is gonna stay dead and Sanae is getting promoted to P1, Believe it!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
next 2hu game is going to be reimu shump-doomguying her way out of various hells so she can go kick real kasen in the teeth and promptly have tea with her

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
The next WaHH chapter would be in April, right? if this storyline actually sets up the game that's getting a demo in May then that would be good as hell. I think HSiFS had a similar prologue chapter?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Y'all love Data?? 'Cuz I love Data. Here's the overall results for that survey I ran, complete with some analysis.

This image is 1900 x 11000 pixels in size.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

let me be the first to say im incredibly disappointed akyuu did not have a overwhelming majority of maximum smug.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Having trouble remembering which comments are mine.

"Kamina with tits" is obvious, though.

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 15, 2019

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
You goddamn right Miko is the smuggest.

I didn't leave any comments but if I did for Miko it would be "She is That Bitch."

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

There are too many Reimus, and they all sound different probably

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

nyttyn posted:

let me be the first to say im incredibly disappointed akyuu did not have a overwhelming majority of maximum smug.

The bigger surprise seeing any 2hu's that don't have huge amounts of smug.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Also worth noting that the FS Reimu wanted to get involved in a romance.

That or she just likes getting letters.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Captain Cappy posted:

Reimu is gonna stay dead and Sanae is getting promoted to P1, Believe it!

cool av

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

El Burbo posted:

There are too many Reimus, and they all sound different probably

I thought I left a comment akin to this but I must have erased it on accident, but yeah I think this is probably why it's so hard to pin down how she sounds.
The other characters are fairly standard regardless of what's going on but Reimu reflects the tone of the events more than anything.

Overall I trend more towards THE CRIMSON SLASHER mixed with Bougetshou but hell if I could relate to you what that sounds like. And I definitely affect the pitch when I read her in other contexts so that makes it harder to pin down.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

WarpedNaba posted:

Also worth noting that the FS Reimu wanted to get involved in a romance.

That or she just likes getting letters.

remember that pc98 game where reimu thinks some rando is proposing to her and she accepts

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Yeah, but she like 8. She probably thought getting married meant food.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
This Touhou/DBZ crossover is looking good

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

rannum posted:

I thought I left a comment akin to this but I must have erased it on accident, but yeah I think this is probably why it's so hard to pin down how she sounds.
The other characters are fairly standard regardless of what's going on but Reimu reflects the tone of the events more than anything.

Overall I trend more towards THE CRIMSON SLASHER mixed with Bougetshou but hell if I could relate to you what that sounds like. And I definitely affect the pitch when I read her in other contexts so that makes it harder to pin down.

I think it’s just the classic game trope of making the main playable character more of an Everyman, to be more relatable to wider variety of players. As such, I imagine Reimu with fairly neutral vocal characteristics.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Around ESD I could imagine her sounding neutral, but by MoF I've always imagined her with having this steadily increasing 'for gently caress's sake' undertone to her.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I missed the survey but I think the number one thing to capture in Reimu's voice comes down to one word. Surly. Reimu is like an overworked middle aged teamster who has reincarnated as a shrine maiden.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

That’s all good, but then you have Reimu in WaHH, who is constantly making joyful outbursts.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

A Sometimes Food posted:

I missed the survey but I think the number one thing to capture in Reimu's voice comes down to one word. Surly. Reimu is like an overworked middle aged teamster who has reincarnated as a shrine maiden.

Wait, touhou is an isekai anime now?! Reimu being OP as heck finally makes sense. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
We finished part 1 and I've figured out a solid workflow :toot:

I'm extremely excited to do casting for this. My plan is to start accepting auditions at the exact end of February.