Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I see we're now at maximum victim claiming. https://twitter.com/ZakSmithSabbath/status/1096064748217487360

It's almost as though abuse can flow both ways in a relationship or something, and that an act of violence does not render your own acts of physical and emotional violence permissible! That's if the punch even happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Loomer posted:

I see we're now at maximum victim claiming. https://twitter.com/ZakSmithSabbath/status/1096064748217487360

It's almost as though abuse can flow both ways in a relationship or something, and that an act of violence does not render your own acts of physical and emotional violence permissible! That's if the punch even happened.

I think it could well have done because he's trying to use 'she hit me' as 'it's impossible for her to be a victim/me to be an abuser because she hit me' as his new line of defence/deflection.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
If an abuse victim fights back then it's no longer abuse. What a blisteringly hot take.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Yep. Meanwhile literally anyone who's ever had to deal with abusive relationships as an outsider - whether a counsellor or a lawyer or whatever - knows that abuse tends to breed abuse so the argument 'well, she hit me so I must be innocent' is about as valid as 'I'm a feminist why would I ever hurt a woman' or 'I love her so I could never!'

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It's the passivity that's making me loving furious right now.

"Why don't you talk to them? Why don't you talk to them? Why don't you talk to them?" Why don't they make their own public statements on their own public platforms instead of in a throwaway Blogspot that you wrote, you piece of poo poo?

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Bonus points, he hasn't provided any means of contact for the one he's relying on for the bulk of his shield. Charlotte Stokely went quiet about it after her initial spree other than a single post a little bit ago saying 'yes I agreed of my own free will to be pointed to saying Zak's okay'.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

moths posted:

They were selling at 20k. I doubt people want to prop up a shitbag that hard anymore.

You vastly overestimate the moral fiber of the Fine Art scene.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

BrainParasite posted:

You vastly overestimate the moral fiber of the Fine Art scene.

This.

Lets just say all of Z-man's most charming conversational quirks, the loud proclamations and the quiet/hidden actual values in opposition, etc. Put him squarely in the middle of the 'art people' spectrum.

OSR assholes have got nothing on art patrons.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
lmao i rushed to post that the art scene would be worse and got beaten twice. it's bad. Just never learn about any artist.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Impermanent posted:

lmao i rushed to post that the art scene would be worse and got beaten twice. it's bad. Just never learn about any artist.
Eric Gill says "Hi!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FMguru posted:

Eric Gill says "Hi!"

wait is this 'hi' as in he was a monster too because all I know about Gill is he supported the Spanish Republicans before becoming a pacifist and just wanted to make a lot of nudes and hell same

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I saw he had stuff displayed at the Progressive Corporation and assumed the wasn't meant to be ironic.

Then I googled more and it's just the insurance company. Corporate artist!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

sexpig by night posted:

wait is this 'hi' as in he was a monster too because all I know about Gill is he supported the Spanish Republicans before becoming a pacifist and just wanted to make a lot of nudes and hell same

quote:

His personal diaries reveal that his religious beliefs did not limit his sexual activity which included several extramarital affairs, incest with his two eldest teenage daughters, incestuous relationships with his sisters, and sexual acts on his dog.[43][44][8]

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

god loving drat it everyone who's made anything ever is a monster

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'hi I'm just a simple man who wants to print butts and hates fascists'

'aw cool, cool historical figure'

'also I hosed my dog and daughters'

'I hate this'

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

moths posted:

Fucker even has the zockpuppet coded to "@Bethhmm" so he can remember this is the one for leveraging against Mandy Morbid.

Uhh are you okay?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

yeah I think you can just be mad at Zak without also deciding he is Edward Nygma

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

oh, so he's the origin of the aristocrats joke

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

https://twitter.com/HoldenShearer/status/1095943444713873409

Does someone have that ironicat that just kinda grows forever before exploding into several smaller ironicats?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kurieg posted:

https://twitter.com/HoldenShearer/status/1095943444713873409

Does someone have that ironicat that just kinda grows forever before exploding into several smaller ironicats?

"I believe women...now"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no room for abusers. There is room for an abuser, but that spot is taken by my best friend."

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

"I believe women...now"

"I'm enough of a shitstain to use these recent events to try to mislead people from the fact that I'm rape-adjacent."

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
#AbuseIsNotAGame now trending on Twitter.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Comrade Koba posted:

"I'm enough of a shitstain to use these recent events to try to mislead people from the fact that I'm rape-adjacent."

He's been doing that for a while, he also extensively blocks people who ever dare to call out his own role in covering up harassment, because he has his new 'champion of the abused' crown to shine up. And didn't he promote Moerke's stuff yesterday, right in the middle of this all?

PST fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 14, 2019

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I believe women who aren't asking me to inconvenience myself in any way clap emoji

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Kurieg posted:

"There is no room for abusers. There is room for an abuser, but that spot is taken by my best friend."

This is the No Homers Club, eh?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
In addition to being a moderately successful painter in the art scene, Zak got an MFA at Yale, so yeah he probably comes from money, too. At least, that's what the Wikipedia page he most likely wrote himself notes.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

PST posted:

He's been doing that for a while, he also extensively blocks people who ever dare to call out his own role in covering up harassment, because he has his new 'champion of the abused' crown to shine up. And didn't he promote Moerke's stuff yesterday, right in the middle of this all?

Can confirm he blocks people for this lmbo

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, what do you even want Holden to do at this point, other than set himself on fire?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rand Brittain posted:

I mean, what do you even want Holden to do at this point, other than set himself on fire?

comedy answer: yes, that

real answer: he could actually acknowledge his buddy did that poo poo and apologize for supporting him

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I mean, he did acknowledge that?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Doesn't really count for much when he downplays it as "inappropriate workplace flirting" and keeps supporting his buddy.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

He's responding to Nicole Lindroos here in the Mentzer thread on RPGNet, but it's very much "this isn't the time or place to be discussing my lovely friend, we should focus on the victims" and playing up his own personal failings without actually apologizing for defending Morke.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Mors Rattus posted:

Doesn't really count for much when he downplays it as "inappropriate workplace flirting" and keeps supporting his buddy.

Anyway, supporting how? You act like there's a giant conspiracy to keep John Morke in his job or something, when in fact dude vanished off the internet years ago.

Ultimately, what really makes me mad here is that Onyx Path has decided that John's behavior was the responsibility of Holden's co-dev and not his actual boss, and nobody here is going to question this decision because taking a principled stand against Onyx Path might actually involve giving up something they want.

(edited to correct pig-flooping screenshot)

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

He's responding to Nicole Lindroos here in the Mentzer thread on RPGNet, but it's very much "this isn't the time or place to be discussing my lovely friend, we should focus on the victims" and playing up his own personal failings without actually apologizing for defending Morke.

'unprofessional flirting'

Rand Brittain posted:

Anyway, supporting how? You act like there's a giant conspiracy to keep John Morke in his job or something, when in fact dude vanished off the internet years ago.

He's creating a game, now on his patreon, that Holden is promoting.

If Suleiman should be shunned for all time (which he should) and something Holden champions very strongly, why does Moerke get a pass, someone Holden does exactly what he accuses Green Ronin of doing - underplaying his harassment?

PST fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 14, 2019

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Rand Brittain posted:

PST posted:

I know you have trouble reading things you don't like, but maybe read literally a few posts up. Holden continues to shill for Morke and try to get people to buy his poo poo, downplays what Morke did, and still associates with him. But hey, he's your friend, and that makes it all okay.

gently caress off, you mealymouthed shitstain.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Holden has acknowledged that he believes the women and that his friend was absolutely in the wrong, and I believe he’s sincere in that.

I have to give side eye at his vendetta with OPP though. The shade he throws at the new Exalted development team, implying that it was so much better under his direction (while ignoring the charge that he knew what Morke was up to while he was developer) and the attempts to discredit one of Morke’s victims who is a current OPP freelancer are pretty poor taste.

There’s a lot of barbs and accusations being thrown from him and Olivia Hill towards OPP and vice versa, and I’m not quite sure how to make sense of it all, but I do know Holden’s actions in particular in this matter leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
just dropping in to say this:

I was wrong for defending Zak Smith and I am sorry

thanks

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

When the person saying "Don't cover up Suleiman's harassment" has covered up harassment, why do we care what he has to say?

If you're REALLY concerned about #metoo and The Movement, you can, you know, shut the gently caress up and let marginalized creators have the floor instead of being first on the scene with your hot takes about abuse in the RPG industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Bosushi! posted:

Holden has acknowledged that he believes the women and that his friend was absolutely in the wrong, and I believe he’s sincere in that.

I have to give side eye at his vendetta with OPP though. The shade he throws at the new Exalted development team, implying that it was so much better under his direction (while ignoring the charge that he knew what Morke was up to while he was developer) and the attempts to discredit one of Morke’s victims who is a current OPP freelancer are pretty poor taste.

There’s a lot of barbs and accusations being thrown from him and Olivia Hill towards OPP and vice versa, and I’m not quite sure how to make sense of it all, but I do know Holden’s actions in particular in this matter leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't understand the exact people and their actions against Olivia Hill, or how they tie to OPP. I would like to know more about this, and who specifically did what, because I find the situation very muddy. I like OPP's games but if they are shitlords in some fashion I would like to understand why and who specifically so that I can stop giving them money.

Holden has no credibility so his beef with OPP is irrelevant to me.