Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Citcon
Aug 31, 2018

by R. Guyovich
"suggested pledge"

implying its a choice like a charity auction or pay what you want deal.
totally not a purchase

smooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Geesus christ.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Iceclaw posted:

FTFY.
And don't forget teaching a punk band how to be punks. All in a day's life of one Kazuya Kiryu.

Neither of them was as touching as Kiryu taking time out of his busy day to teach a sweet young woman how to be a sufficiently abusive dominatrix.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Deadguy2322 posted:

Neither of them was as touching as Kiryu taking time out of his busy day to teach a sweet young woman how to be a sufficiently abusive dominatrix.

That was a pivotal point in the game.

edit: Forgot to add how Kiryu was a mentor on not selling panties to strangers.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Citcon posted:

"suggested pledge"

implying its a choice like a charity auction or pay what you want deal.
totally not a purchase

smooth.

My suggested pledge then is for Chris to take a marrow and shove it up his rear end.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It doesn't just punch above its weight, its the ULTIMATE EDGE.

Not sure, can you get probated for posting pics of U2 band members?

PS: Trivial pursuit answer here. Why did the Edge get his name?

A: Because of the shape of his nose.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

savage

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Agony Aunt posted:

Not sure, can you get probated for posting pics of U2 band members?

I said ULTIMATE EDGE

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

"Suggested" "Pledge"

What dumbfuck is going to buy a more expensive version of a ship tha....

lol

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:golfclap:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone

I hope you are all having a special day with your special someone instead of spending time and money on this awful shitheap of a video game. You should do something nice for your partner, like crawling inside one of his anime pillowcases, or hiding yourself under a pile of donuts, or disguising yourself as a limited edition Hungarian boxed set of Wing Commander Academy

Even if you don't have a special someone, you can have a special time with yourself. Light some candles, put on some Barry White, and see where things go. Or just turn off all the lights and lie on the floor crying, whatever is most romantic to you

The important thing is that you do not buy any goddamn jpegs from a mumbling thumbheaded huckster

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Foo Diddley posted:

Or just turn off all the lights and lie on the floor crying, whatever is most romantic to you

Great, now I know that my plans aren't unique OR exciting.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

:love::love::love:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

trucutru posted:

"Suggested" "Pledge"

What dumbfuck is going to buy a more expensive version of a ship tha....

lol

The ultimate edge, indeed

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone

I hope you are all having a special day with your special someone instead of spending time and money on this awful shitheap of a video game. You should do something nice for your partner, like crawling inside one of his anime pillowcases, or hiding yourself under a pile of donuts, or disguising yourself as a limited edition Hungarian boxed set of Wing Commander Academy

Even if you don't have a special someone, you can have a special time with yourself. Light some candles, put on some Barry White, and see where things go. Or just turn off all the lights and lie on the floor crying, whatever is most romantic to you

The important thing is that you do not buy any goddamn jpegs from a mumbling thumbheaded huckster

I'm planning on having sex with a BMM while Barry White plays.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Ohhh man that’s awesome! (BRB gotta pledge!)

Speaking of awesome, the greatest streamer ever to stream the greatest sci-fi gaming experience ever created had a guy doing HIS part for the Zilla Dropship Forces last night: “160 subs gifted!!!”

Oops, I spoke too soon: ”Ben hitting 200!!!”

”I just got 20 more!!!”

And then this happened. (Thank you, JorunnSC of Bar Citizen...)

Cadzilla in chat: “well deserved man! Nobody is doing what you do in SC or making it as much fun as you do! Truly a great ambassador for keeping SC great!”

”Ben gifting 10!!!”

”It’s not even a Sub Train anymore it’s a Sub nuclear bomb!”

”CAN I GET A 2K IN THE FUCKIN’ CHAT?! WE loving HIT IT!!!”

(Approach 2 hours in, they played one broken “op”, and the rest has been a sub gifting feeding frenzy.)

”Ally gifting 10 now!!!”

Nightowl in chat: “No Rex, you brought us together dude! Many congratulations!!!”

Rexzilla gives a thank you speech to the greatest community in the world.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 14, 2019

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

hahahaha

quote:

For now, it's restricted for concierge or subscribers.

- Warbond at 156$

- Pack with MPUV-C and MPUV-P at 240$

- Pack of 4 SRV at 594$

(All prices EU VAT included)

hahahahahahah loving buy 8 of them, why not?!

and what does this thing do?

quote:

It's a tug ship and it's official.

tug ship in a space game...

Morphix fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 14, 2019

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

WTF is with all the new poo poo today? And why is it so goddamn expensive? These are not normal prices, CIG!

For only 160 dollars you, too can have this completely useless pile of poo poo that probably cannot do the one role it was made for! And even if it could, there's no repairs in the game, so it'd be pointless to get towed! And even if there were the penalty for just blowing up your ship is a 15 minute insurance timer which will be faster than waiting for someone with a tow truck that costs 160 loving dollars to log on, try to get into your server, fail, and ultimately give up! It's almost like they still don't have any loving clue what the actual gameplay will look like!

P.S. The only kind of space tug we will accept is the kind that shoves your wrecked fighter off of the mysteriously-gravity-enabled flight deck after you crash

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lmao @ character movement being server side, even with good ping that is going to suck so bad.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
It's a $165 ship, that pulls another $150 ship

in space

these goddamn geniuses

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Morphix posted:

It's a $165 ship, that pulls another $150 ship

in space

these goddamn geniuses

If you want to pull the $250 ship, you need two of these.

Can't be letting you move your ship around for less than the original price, now.

Also I like that it's called an SRV when it's clearly a tow truck, which does not match any of the common acronyms

Search and Rescue Vehicle?
Surface Reconnaissance Vehicle?
Sport Recreation Vehicle?
Stevie Ray Vaughan?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Is there even a way for a ship to "break down" in a way that would necessitate a tug?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sarsapariller posted:

WTF is with all the new poo poo today? And why is it so goddamn expensive? These are not normal prices, CIG!

For only 160 dollars you, too can have this completely useless pile of poo poo that probably cannot do the one role it was made for! And even if it could, there's no repairs in the game, so it'd be pointless to get towed! And even if there were the penalty for just blowing up your ship is a 15 minute insurance timer which will be faster than waiting for someone with a tow truck that costs 160 loving dollars to log on, try to get into your server, fail, and ultimately give up! It's almost like they still don't have any loving clue what the actual gameplay will look like!

P.S. The only kind of space tug we will accept is the kind that shoves your wrecked fighter off of the mysteriously-gravity-enabled flight deck after you crash

My favorite part:
  • This is not a GAME PACKAGE. Please note a GAME PACKAGE is required to play the game and fly or access your ships
So you have to spend even more than $160 to find out that your ship can't actually do any of the things that were advertised

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Popete posted:

Is there even a way for a ship to "break down" in a way that would necessitate a tug?

The crew is dead, and/or you want to steal it.

:negative:

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Let's tug!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Popete posted:

Some of the ships (cutlass, constellation) have outboard engines. If they are shot off, the ship will be largely motionless. You can't target them, and you're more likely to kill the whole ship with bleed damage. Most ships don't have these and can't be disabled in this way.

Assuming the tow actually works, and assuming it lets you quantum jump, and also assuming you have a broken ship that didn't just explode, you could get these ships back to a landing pad. But right now the only repair option I know of is completely broken, and will not restore stuff like whole missing components. And pads aren't designed for somebody to tow a ship down to land. And if you did manage it, the towed ship would probably be fined for illegally hovering over the pad and disappear instantly, triggering your insurance timer anyway.

So yeah this is a 160 dollar item that cannot be used for its intended role

Hobold posted:

The crew is dead, and/or you want to steal it.

Killing the crew won't make a ship "Stealable" unless they unlocked it beforehand and there's no way to transfer ownership to the thief

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've said this before and I'm sure it's been discussed here to death. But how can anyone look at those prices and not understand how fundamentally broken the game will be even if it comes out exactly as promised?

For a single ship to be worth $160 it would have to be exceedingly difficult to obtain in game, which will alienate new players or people who don't wanna spend $160 on a single dumb tug ship.

On the flip side, if they make these ships easy enough to acquire by regular players who only buy in at the base model $45 package then anyone who spent $160 (or more) is gonna feel cheated.

So either the game entirely caters to whales and no new players come to the game or people unwilling to spend hundreds of dollars on ships are stuck flying poo poo heaps and eventually grow bored. Or they balance the game and all the whales spent hundreds/thousands of dollars for no reason.

No matter what, one of those groups is going to be extremely unhappy with the game.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
What a great thing to do on Valentines Day.

"Hey honey I just spent $160 dollars on a spaceship jpeg! Happy Valentines Day!"

"Get the gently caress out of my house."

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Pash posted:

"Hey honey I just spent $160 dollars on a spaceship jpeg! Happy Valentines Day!"

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I bought us this ship
With seating for two...

Wait, how many seats does it have now? Aw, gently caress...

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Pash posted:

I'm just so loving thrilled that they are doing Valentine's promotions again this year. On top of the weird Hello Kitty poo poo, it's probably the most out of touch they've ever been. Hey dipshits! Your entire community is joyless neckbeard weirdos! Your game is set 5 billion years in the space future! Not one element of anything you've released to date has anything to do with love, or romance! You don't even have women as a playable gender!

But yeah sure put out a spaceship with some fuckin' hearts on it that's gonna sell like hotcakes.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It is fitting CIG is selling tug jobs to lonely nerds on Valentines day.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr_G1UKpmP8

Space Engine - procedural planets.

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

It's okay, we're 7 years in. The server meshing guys didn't get the memo that they had to implement basic networking ( like server authoritative or lag compensation ) first.

Nothing to be surprised of.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Popete posted:

It is fitting CIG is selling tug jobs to lonely nerds on Valentines day.

They’re part of a growing industrial complex that does this year round. Japan is a decade or so ahead of us with the Hikikomori.

I’ve said before that I’m surprised that they haven’t really pushed this angle very much, considering that the core group of people still throwing money into this dumpster fire are crouched in a dark corner of their parent’s basement with lust on their minds...

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

Killing the crew won't make a ship "Stealable" unless they unlocked it beforehand and there's no way to transfer ownership to the thief

I know, the whole things a joke.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
This is a good page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Popete posted:

I've said this before and I'm sure it's been discussed here to death. But how can anyone look at those prices and not understand how fundamentally broken the game will be even if it comes out exactly as promised?

For a single ship to be worth $160 it would have to be exceedingly difficult to obtain in game, which will alienate new players or people who don't wanna spend $160 on a single dumb tug ship.

On the flip side, if they make these ships easy enough to acquire by regular players who only buy in at the base model $45 package then anyone who spent $160 (or more) is gonna feel cheated.

So either the game entirely caters to whales and no new players come to the game or people unwilling to spend hundreds of dollars on ships are stuck flying poo poo heaps and eventually grow bored. Or they balance the game and all the whales spent hundreds/thousands of dollars for no reason.

No matter what, one of those groups is going to be extremely unhappy with the game.

This is only true if they're making a video game. Which they are not. If they're making an ego boosting engine for neckbeards, it works perfectly.

"Look at my $450 ship you scrub."
"I'm not paying $450 for a game."
"Then earn in in game, you loving poor."
"I'm not spending 1,000,000 hours to make $450."
"LOL you don't wanna work to earn things, scrub."
**quits game**
"LOL space poor little bitch quit."